It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

4th post down on page 22 and multiple pages before...

Window is open..
edit on 1/10/2012 by UKWO1Phot because: page changed

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Whilst we are all scratching our heads trying to think what this could be, could i suggest another shape to be looking at whilst we trawl through every image of everything Google has?

A dome shape keeps being mentioned, almost like a beetle shape or a tortoise shell shape.

How about just for a moment, we forget about the beetle shape and focus on it being a metallic sphere?

Perfectly round.

To me, the more i look at it, i see a round ball in the middle, and it is eclipsed by something, maybe metallic, maybe the same material, similar to Saturn's rings.

I'm not sure that they go around the ball perfectly, but it looks like there is definitely a ball in the middle. Where there appears to be a "gap" on the right side (imagine a ring going round the ball so you can see light between the ring and the ball), there also appears to be one on the left too, albeit smaller.

So here is the original pic again....

Here it is with the "sphere" highlighted.

I just thought it might give people something else to look for.

CX.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
What will it take to make us believers? I don't think there's a video or image in this day and age that we will not doubt or question.

There will always be those who will question the validity of such image/video and hence there are lots of people around the globe who refuse to come forward presenting their finding for fear of being ridiculed when they are telling the truth of what they saw/took a pic of.

And there's is also the opposite
Many thought the boy in the balloon was a UFO, remember him?

Also what look like UFOs?
Unmanned Drones!

It's always an internal threat is it not?

When Unmanned Drones attack us you will be one of the first ones to say the drone controllers are there to protect us, because they look like UFOs

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
reply to post by Springer

The first question I would have asked is whether the side window was up or down when this shot was taken. Like others, I think the argument could be made that it IS in close proximity to the camera. I don't see any scientific evidence in support of the argument that the object is far away. "Haze" isn't an argument when trying to determine object size and location in relation to the horizon, camera, goats, etc.

My first thought would be window was up, crack in the window. Disprove that and take it from there.

I'm not saying it's not intriguing, that it's not what the OP says, but I didn't see some really basic theories fully debunked.

You can see the bevelled edge of the window glass in the picture of the Fiat Panda/Multipla, it's not fully down.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
22 pages in on this thread.
Guess what?.. it could be a UFO.

If ET makes contact in the future, the world will be shocked;
The aliens will ask 'Why are you shocked? We've been flying
around for years. You have cameras, video, pilot eyewitness
testimony. The official investigator from the USAF in the 60's
became a believer, what else do you need?'

And we'll say because YouTube is all fake and the fact that
a rare goat can sweat and shake it's head
and the droplets can look exactly like UFO's.
Oh and Phage.
edit on 1-10-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

Those are compliments to Phage and our Goat sweat finder.
That's some in depth detective work.
edit on 1-10-2012 by sealing because: props

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'm the same, been looking at it all day seeing various shapes, since running it through PS drawing round it etc looks very much like a saturn shape..

A central ball with something wrapped around it

I also see a vertical dumbbell shape on the left of the central ball..
edit on 1/10/2012 by UKWO1Phot because: to add dumbbell thought

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd go with the seagull explanaion...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by dethfromabuv
I've got to go with the bird explanation.

Could be a Blue Tit which is common in Crete
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just be careful when you google it

Thats very imaginative. How long did it take for you to dream this up?

and your artwork is not proof that this is a bird

but your imagination and your willingness to believe sure shows

do you have a plausible explanation or is this it?
Not sure who you are replying to...but I didn't think it was a bird but that does look like a posibility now. That's not my drawing. I just did a quick google search for "birds of Crete" and there it was a "Blue Tit". I figured I would get it on here quickly before it was determined not to be a bird. Now if it does turn out to be a "Blue Tit"...well...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny
A single image, no corroborating sightings at the time, no intent on the part of the photographer to capture anything anomalous at the moment that the picture was taken (action of taking photo was not in response to seeing something odd and reacting), so all one ultimately has is a single image.

I personally feel there is little of interest or importance here. The term "grasping at straws" comes to mind.

Says the guy who called the Jerusalem UFO hoax "the most compelling video I've seen in years".

You had almost none of that corroborating evidence in that case yet you called the Jerusalem videos "some of the best genuine UFO footage shot in recent memory".

It's pretty clear you're letting your personal opinions of Ritzmann cloud your judgement here. Thanks for stopping by though.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's much too shiny from a distance to be a seagull guys
It's not a bird

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Let me ask everyone a question. Springer, Johnny etc

Why is this photo paid attention to so much and analyzed but the Turkey UFO footage is not?

The Turkey footage also has witnesses, many of them.

Could it be possible for Jeff Ritzmann and others to do expert analysis on that video which is about 24 days worth of raw footage.

Thanks.

I think the Turkey UFO/boat hoax has been discussed at length. I think the last I saw was a reference to a bogus website ascribing false statements to the Turkish Science Patrol. I pointed that out but there was no reply.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
446 replies.

No less than 400 of which directly refer to some theory or potential explanation that was DIRECTLY addressed in the first 6 posts. And it's not like the 400 posts in question are expanding upon those ideas, they are completely redundant, almost inverse redundant, because they take an idea already presented and re-present it in a most backwards and illogical fashion.

Read all the original poster has to say before replying. And in a thread like this if you read all the replies before doing so yourself you'd do us all a great service. I could have finished reading the original and meaningful ideas within 30 minutes. Instead it took me over 2 hours to shuffle through this monstrosity.

Thanks!

And for the record. This remains wholly unexplained and it IS NOT in the near field of the image, like, not even close and stuff. cheers.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot

I also see a vertical dumbbell shape on the left of the central ball..

Maybe someone got annoyed and hurled a kettle bell

Glad you see something else too.
So many possibilities.

CX.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno

And for the record. This remains wholly unexplained and it IS NOT in the near field of the image, like, not even close and stuff. cheers.

How do you know?

Don't get me wrong, i agree it's not near the car, or even close, but i can't explain why. Just looks far off.

CX.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Because if it was nearer it would be in the focal range of the camera and be more defined.

As it is we can't make out the exact shape.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by nerbot

2. Why did "SHOOTER" open an account on December 27, 2005 and not post or respond to a single thing, then send a photo direct to ATS via email from a holiday dated August 19th of this year?

That's not the same person, Jeff chose to use the name "SHOOTER" because the photographer who sent me the image enjoys her privacy and asked that her name be kept out of the report.

Springer...

Thanks for clearing that up.

I look forward to recieving the RAW image from you via email and although I will study it and pass it on to my friend who knows more than me, I think this will end up another unsolved mystery. The more I look at the image the deeper into my mind I go, trying to find some kind of similarity to the 'shape' and something familiar.....anything! but I can't.....yet.

I have had this image buzzing through my head all day and I'm really frustrated! I have even been imagining those hot holiday winds blowing on my face and the smell of those goats.

Thanks SO much for injecting something of substance back into the UFO forum after all the uninteresting stuff we usually see at the moment. Maybe it will inspire more of the same and even a few revivals....we love a challenge.

Thanks also to Jeff Ritzmann who (as usual) has done incredible work. Your attention to detail is commendable and for those who are serious about analysis, fascinating and interesting reading.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

The gentlemen who posted saying he lived in that area and indicating that there were air force bases in the area has been the most informative reply I've read so far. This could be something from one of those bases

I've been looking around the net and found this.....would be interesting to know if Christie Brinkley lived anywhere near where this snap was taken or where the bases are. I know people will laugh at this, but hey, it's some more info...it's from March 2011....

Ageless stunner Christie Brinkley is convinced she once saw a Ufo when she was living in Crete.

The model and actress insists she has been a believer there's life on other planets ever since.

Brinkley, the former wife of rocker Billy Joel, recalls seeing four bright lights in the sky as she was shopping one day.

She says, "This is (in) broad daylight and the lights are very, very bright... All of a sudden all four of the lights shot over the mountain to the other side of Crete (where I lived)."

Returning to her harbour village, she learned the lights had disappeared beneath the sea.

She adds, "There were no reports of any planes or anything like that and it just went under the water and never re-appeared."

Brinkley Convinced She Saw A Ufo In Crete

Would also be interesting to hear how she "learned" that they had disappeared under the see. That implies to me that she didn't see it herself, but someone else did.

CX.

edit on 1/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/10/12 by CX because: Spelt Miss Brinkley's name wrong....my apologies Christie.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's real! Can't you see the goats looking at it.

link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Let me ask everyone a question. Springer, Johnny etc

Why is this photo paid attention to so much and analyzed but the Turkey UFO footage is not?

The Turkey footage also has witnesses, many of them.

Could it be possible for Jeff Ritzmann and others to do expert analysis on that video which is about 24 days worth of raw footage.

Thanks.

I think the Turkey UFO/boat hoax has been discussed at length. I think the last I saw was a reference to a bogus website ascribing false statements to the Turkish Science Patrol. I pointed that out but there was no reply.

There is a reason why the Turkey UFO case has not been moved to the Hoax section and it is because there has yet to be a conclusive debunk or plausible explantaion. The Yacht theory has failed miserably and the majority of people agree that yacht windows just isnt plausible.

link   

Originally posted by ukredstar
Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but on the second image there is either an anomoly on the lens or it's the ufo that's captured in the first image. I'm betting that it's that ufo given that it's around the same direction.

On that note about the anomoly on the lens, it's not there on the first image and it moves up and down if you scroll the image. Either way, very interesting Springer and gives alot of food for thought.

Scroll along to see the anomoly i've marked
edit on 1/10/2012 by ukredstar because: EDIT: Added last sentence

Surprised no-one seems to have commented on this post by ukredstar on page 19... Nice one! I checked that pic and didn't see it...

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join