It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethfromabuv
I've got to go with the bird explanation.

Could be a Blue Tit which is common in Crete
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just be careful when you google it

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Could this object be in the photo because it's reflection is on the lens but the object itself is out of frame? Is that even possible?

Completely possible and can be replicated.

Last eclipse I snapped a few pics of the sky with the sun out of frame to show how weird the sky looked...and the resulting photos (somehow) showed two suns in the frame. The sun was somehow reflected in the camera lens off the side and it ended up in the photos....twice. Really cool.

I bet if I posted them on ATS and said I saw two suns we'd get the regular crazies claiming it was an opening to some portal/parallel universe without first entertaining the more probable.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Looks like a fluid in motion, like some spittle one of them goats sent flying just before the photo was taken.

If so this was a case of the most examined spittle in history.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

I think an earlier poster showed the window was down.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dunipop

/
I'm all for trying to debunk this but why every time someone post a photo of something paranormal/ufo there will be a fairly large group of people who will come up with the most illogical theories..?

Bird
Plastic bag
baseball cap
diamond ring reflection
Smudge/chip in the roll down window
Bug
jellyfish
/

See William of Occam.

Also, your presupposition that the pic is 'of something paranormal/ufo', like you've already made up your mind just what kind of pic it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What we have here in this photo is a bubble in space/time encapsulating a time traveler from our distant future who is traveling back to do research into why our global economy collapsed in the 21st century. These curious observers are often misidentified as space aliens.[/talkingouttamyass]

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think the reason why the "Shooter" took the snapshot --- was that she wanted to take a picture of the goat on the right side of the photograph --- that was getting ready to take a dump.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legos
Long shot but could the highlighted region account for the UO, or is it just a smudge on the mirror? How large and close to the lens would an insect or fragment need to be to produce the same results?

Couldn't see if anyone had replied to this yet regarding the marks....IMO they are splatter marks on the wing/side mirrors. Must be, as the side window is down and they are only on the mirror.

CX.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Assuming this is an actual object in the air, is there a definitive method to "measure" the focus of this object and determine how far it is from the camera without opinion?
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

A lens has an "angle of view". You cannot determine the distance to an object unless you know it's size, and vice versa. There is a free calculator called fcalc that has all the lens equations built in. It is just basic trig using similar triangles.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I see a black goat in the photo, a quick google of goat characteristics found this,

Sweat gland secretion in the Black Bedoin goat

Apparently certain black goats sweat unlike other goats and sweat more in the head region. Those goats in the photo are certainly looking frisky enough to have given a shake of the head and there is a black one there.

I submit we are staring at a droplet of goat sweat as it got flung through the air. The elongation of the droplet indicates it is moving away from the goat.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Let me ask everyone a question. Springer, Johnny etc

Why is this photo paid attention to so much and analyzed but the Turkey UFO footage is not?

The Turkey footage also has witnesses, many of them.

Could it be possible for Jeff Ritzmann and others to do expert analysis on that video which is about 24 days worth of raw footage.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by dethfromabuv
I've got to go with the bird explanation.

Could be a Blue Tit which is common in Crete
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just be careful when you google it

Thats very imaginative. How long did it take for you to dream this up?

and your artwork is not proof that this is a bird

but your imagination and your willingness to believe sure shows

do you have a plausible explanation or is this it?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

post by CigaretteMan
Why is this photo paid attention to so much and analyzed but the Turkey UFO footage is not?

This picture has one thread dedicated to it , the Turkey UFO has many and has been scrutinized , try ATS search Turkey UFO and tell me it hasn't .

edit on 1-10-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Legos
Long shot but could the highlighted region account for the UO, or is it just a smudge on the mirror? How large and close to the lens would an insect or fragment need to be to produce the same results?

Couldn't see if anyone had replied to this yet regarding the marks....IMO they are splatter marks on the wing/side mirrors. Must be, as the side window is down and they are only on the mirror.

CX.

Yes, awesome, there is the smoking gun, a fresh trail of splatter all over the mirror.

Open and shut case of the goats sending some fluid flying in the direction of the camera person.

Someone needs to file this under seeing what you want to see and not what is really there.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well upon examination of the photograph in question .... I.... have come to the conclusion that the object in question is a fleeting glance of the helmet of a great and mighty warrior strolling along the coasts of Crete. Perhaps this mighty and noble warrior came out by reason of distraction by the presence of the true subject of the photo...which was obviously the beautiful woman in the mirror. I'm sure the photo shall be a favorite of her husband

Harry,.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. I was just hoping that there exists a method to objectively determine a "focus value"(?) for the object that could then be used to calculate against the known "focus point distance"(?) of 58 cm as opposed to the whole "I think it's in/out of focus" thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Does it look out of focus? Does to me..
The wing mirror has perfect focus..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It's a sticker on the window for sure.

BTW, those reflective beetles on Crete, reflect green and purple. Both colors seen on the UO.

edit on 1-10-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Erno86

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
People put much to much faith in EXIF image data. I know several programs that can edit EXIF data. So saying that this is not photoshopped because there is nothing in the EXIF data that suggests it means nothing.

Im still undecided on what the object is or how it got there. But it looks to clear and bright to be very far away if it was a real object.

Its certainly not proof off anything at the moment.

edit on 1-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I haven't read all the post's on this thread yet...but I have to agree with PhoenixOD on this UO, because "it looks to clear and bright to be very far away." The UO does not have a haze that is commensurate with the ocean haze and far land mass; thus the object if very small and close-by.

That is where I differ, I don't think it is clear at all. If it was all that clear you would have a much better idea of what it is. It does not have to be within the focus distance to be seen, just not seen clearly. That's how it looks to me. Springer I think, said it looked like a large object at a distance, that seems just as viable to my thinking.

Rather...I think the sun reflection off the object has a remarkable clarity, that is not conducive for the object being far away due to the hazy conditions in the photo. Otherwise...the closer you magnify the object --- the hazier looking it will get.
I'm splitting hairs, I know, but the UO --- without magnification --- looks too close to be "some distance from the shooter".
edit on 1-10-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 1-10-2012 by Erno86 because: added a few more

Well we both agree that it is a reflection of the Sun. We don't know the overall conditions of the haze, the straight ahead horizontal view is that it is very hazy, rising up to the vertical view is harder to determine without being there, it could be the same density or perhaps less. So take something near the camera, say a piece of discarded cellophane off a cigarette packet, that is highly reflective. and catching the sun as it passes the camera, it would be extremely bright, much more than you see here. Birds tend to be more reflective the higher up they are, and that can be very bright too, also much more than you see here. What I see is a bright reflection of the sun off of something rounded in the area of reflection modified by the hazy conditons who's clarity is also modified by the same conditions, plus the reflected Sunlight itself.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot

Does it look out of focus? Does to me..
The wing mirror has perfect focus..

Thanks for illustrating my point.

Mob rules is better than seeking an objective determination? Not for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join