It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Funk bunyip

CAN I HAZ GOATBURGER PLZ

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Legos

Are you thinking a chink of glass missing from the side window?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why has no one mentioned a drone?

We are hearing about drones almost daily and about how advanced they are becoming....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
It looks like a blue plastic disposable shopping bag blowing in the wind. You can see a hand strap on the right side and a concave area on the left side caused by wind..

Perhaps a good line of investigation would be to go to the local shops and see what sort of shopping bags they use, ie colour/translucency/size of hand straps.

I don't believe it is an attempted hoax, just genuine mistaken identity.

As the photo shows the photographer was not peering through a viewfinder but looking in the direction of the alleged object, she would surely have noticed a shopping bag being blown by the wind - it was certainly large enough to be clearly visible, even if only for a few seconds. Instead, she only noticed the image when looking at the photos she had taken one and a half hours earlier. This discredits your theory.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
from my feeling it does not seem thaaat far aways... I would say it is one of this helium filled baloons you can get a a fair... and, maybe it is only me, for me the shape looks like the head of a panda slightly tilted back

silver black panda head shaped helium filled baloon in the sunlight
that's it...

btw. I say panda because my imagination shows me black panda eyes

edit on 30-9-2012 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

I turned the image upside down. Defintely looks like a cartoony panda face to me

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The simple fact of the matter is, the photographer did not see anything in the sky when taking that picture.

Now that I find a bit strange. I mean, that thing is sitting there, hanging in the air, how could you just miss that!? Plus it seems there was someone with her, and no one saw anything?

For a trained and highly regarded photographer, who tends to be more observant that most people, this is rather bizarre.

This leads me to the only conclusion taken into account these facts. It could only be something that blew onto the lens of the camera, or its a reflection of something.

This is a case of a ufo picture, taken by a "witness", yet, no one, not the photographer, or the other person witnessed anything. 0_o

vvv

edit on 1-10-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
We are clutching at straws, or plastic bags here.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
It looks like a blue plastic disposable shopping bag blowing in the wind. You can see a hand strap on the right side and a concave area on the left side caused by wind..

Perhaps a good line of investigation would be to go to the local shops and see what sort of shopping bags they use, ie colour/translucency/size of hand straps.

I don't believe it is an attempted hoax, just genuine mistaken identity.

As the photo shows the photographer was not peering through a viewfinder but looking in the direction of the alleged object, she would surely have noticed a shopping bag being blown by the wind - it was certainly large enough to be clearly visible, even if only for a few seconds. Instead, she only noticed the image when looking at the photos she had taken one and a half hours earlier. This discredits your theory.

Not at all, that's not how the brain works. If her attention was focused on the goats then that is what her brain would have been processing. Not something in her peripheral, which her brain had probably already subconsciously identified as something mundane like a shopping bag.

For example, how many times have you looked for something like car keys only to end up seeing them right in front of you?

The brain devotes resources to whatever it feels is important at the time and fills in the blanks from memory until something else important appears.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Here's a processed close up, not the typical UFO:

edit on 1-10-2012 by Legos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
reply to post by Legos

Are you thinking a chink of glass missing from the side window?

The window on that side is down.

It looks like a great photo, that said iv seen something in real life, so no matter how much anyone tries to debunk ufo's on here I know there are things in our sky's that are not what we come to expect.

Once you see something so strange in the sky its kind of like a 2001 monolith for the mind. you cant think in the same way because you know things are not exactly what you are told. you have to wonder and think for your self

edit on 1-10-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Very impressive write-up. Not so impressive picture of what appears to be a blue plastic shopping bag..All this "she didn't see it while taking the picture" can be easily explained as well. People Lie, plain and simple. Sad, but very true fact. I wanna believe, but this picture is far from making me do that
edit on 1-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Very impressive write-up. Not so impressive of a picture of what appears to be a blue plastic shopping bag..All this "she didn't see it while taking the picture" can be easily explained as well. People Lie, plain and simple. Sad ,but very true fact.

Look up how the eye works and you may understand why people miss things while taking photos.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Its completely FAKE......no way this was in the air and she did not see it while taking a picture of herself in the wing mirror.

Next its actually a very bad photoshop, you can clearly see its been plonked in there.

Im all for aliens and believing in ET's but this is crap.

reply to post by Springer

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here's an interesting site that will prove that what you see is not necessarily what is real and will demonstrate that it's perfectly possible for someone to take a photo of something and not see it at the time.

jvsc.jst.go.jp...

In particular take a look at the first session titled 'Illusion of an Uninterrupted World'.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I doubt the top part of the dome would be reflecting rocks that are below it

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Unless the sideview is set to act as a vanity mirror for the driver, there's no logical reason why the photographer would appear in it unless he/she was standing outside the vehicle, near the rear, where it should be reflecting... which they are NOT.

My guess is that the entire scene is staged.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I totally believe this is real. Why?

I have personally taken random pics of the sky to test a theory that I have that our eyes are not capable of seeing extremely fast moving objects, but the camera can pic it up, the same way a camera can take a pic of a fast moving race car and it not be blurred by setting the shutter speed at 1000/fps

I have been successful at capturing these types(not able to see with naked eye.) of UFO's. However, they were not as close as this object.

I suggest to everyone, to try experimenting with taking random pics of the sky and fast shutter speeds. Especially the skeptics.

edit on 1-10-2012 by carl6405 because: add more

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Unless the sideview is set to act as a vanity mirror for the driver, there's no logical reason why the photographer would appear in it unless he/she was standing outside the vehicle, near the rear, where it should be reflecting... which they are NOT.

My guess is that the entire scene is staged.

Is she on the drivers side or the passenger side of the car? and wouldn't that have an affect on the positioning of the mirror?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

It's a blue plastic bag. You can see where the reflection is cut off by the edge/opening of the bag.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

what do you think about the claim: the top part of the dome is reflecting the rock outcropping that is below it?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join