It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I Heard the show on coast and looked at the photos. It occurred to me after looking at the two pictures, the uo is not visible in the first shot as the vehicle is approaching. In the obvious second shot the object is clearly visible in center frame. Maybe the ufo was moving into the field of view as they approached the ridge. Hell of a great shot to get an unintended daylight image! Yes, I also noticed the windshield wiper streak on the glass. Too bad she could'nt see it and get more pictures as it zoomed away? Keep scanning the skyline, you never know what might be right in front of you! tj

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Popular
ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

A sticker in the middle of the rear view mirror?

No, Dufus. A sticker on the glass of the rear hatch of the Fiat SUV/crossover they were driving.

Ah. That makes sense. I see it perfectly now. Thanks!

PS:

Lay off the *SNIP* in the future.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

I forgot to turn on my < sarcasm> tags

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I have no clue whether these are authentic, but I wanted to give my opinion regarding the symmetry of the object in question. In my opinion it does not look proportional. The left side is more rounded while the right side seems to have less mass, and this difference is quite noticeable. I suppose that the viewing angle may be profile instead of head-on, which could mean we are seeing the cockpit portion, if this is authentic, towards the right side. So I will offer that counterpoint to my claim.

The bottom of the craft however cannot be explained away, in my opinion, as easily. It is quite unsymmetrical, and I do not believe the viewing angle would affect this. But again I will offer up a counterpoint to my claim, which is that if this were a real extraterrestrial craft, by no means does it have to be symmetrical or proportionate. This would be the case if fluid dynamics did not come into play, due to some other mechanism of action than a propellent of some sort. Such as modifying the gravitational field around the craft.

This is just one of the inherent problems with the field of ufology, which is most claims cannot be verified. However, it is possible to utilize the same method that I take advantage of in sasquatch research, which starts by compiling a huge database of information regarding witness reports, and then listing, from most frequent to less frequent, the characteristics that the reports share regarding the look and behavior of the supposed creature.

Now let it be known that I believe in sasquatch because I've seen one, but I have never seen a UFO. I've seen something strange in the sky, which disappeared after I turned away for only a minute, and 5 minutes later a large cargo plane flew overhead, at an extremely low altitude. This was before I joined the USAF, and at that time I knew very little about airplanes. To this day I know that the initial bright light I saw was not a plane heading straight in my direction, and I also feel that the cargo plane was diverted to look for what I saw, which was probably picked up on radar.

I can say now that the plane was an US Army plane, and looked like a C-27. I never really saw these planes being used while I was in the air force, so I assume they are mainly army aircraft. I also remember that the altitude the plane was flying at is not a standard altitude for an aircraft like that, and given the direction it was heading, which was NNW, there was not even a nearby runway for landing, considering the altitude, which was probably well below 2000 feet. It was doing approximately 180 knots, from what I can remember, which is well below the aircraft spec speed of somewhere in the range of 330 knots. But I was still just a kid at the time, and that is from my best recollection. The object I saw beforehand was an extremely bright light, and it was at a similar altitude to the plane that came not long afterward.

My point is that I cannot say I believe in extraterrestrial craft visiting earth, because I have never seen one. And when comparing something like UFO's with something like sasquatch, I think people are much more apt to misidentify an aircraft as opposed to a large, lumbering, bipedal animal. I am certain of this, taken as an average of all sightings. Military aircraft have fooled people for decades, and the public probably remains virtually unaware of the upcoming generation of military flying vehicles. Just look at the huge amount of reports when the stealth aircraft, both the bomber and fighter, began flying over US airspace. That is why I am hesitant to label anything as extraterrestrial, because we do not know what the military has at this point, and given their ability for secrecy, and the history of UFO reports, I am certain that their craft get mistaken for aliens on a regular basis.

I also know that the average person cannot tell much regarding altitude, airspeed, etc., when they see an aircraft, because that is specialized knowledge, and you must be a pilot, or must have spent ample time around aircraft, to have a good guess as to these parameters.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tjfree

I don't know. I'm just not convinced the object could have been outside the vehicle with that kind of reflection on it's surface and not be noticed by the witness. It also has no motion blur in the images that capture it (suggesting it was either stationary or moving slowly, and hence should have been noticed).

I think it has to be some kind of reflection or mirage. It's far enough out from the relative position of the vehicle that the person taking the photo would have had to have seen it if it was in the air. Either it's fake, or its misidentified and the object isn't actually there.

But I'm no pro. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think it is a bird. When I increased the pic to 400% in IE, I can see what looks like 2 bird legs and feet in the back (right side). Also a head shape with a beak (left side). And two wings near the midline. The tallest point of the "object" is actually the farthest wing on the right side of its body.

You can also tell by perspective that it is over the sandy beach and is not very high up in the sky. I appears larger since it is somewhat close.

The reason she didn't notice it at the time the pic was taken, was because it was a common bird flying by,

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Can you please post an image with highlights to the areas you're describing? It's hard to see your vantage point when looking at the photo and I want to grasp what you're trying to explain.

Thanks much

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Of course, your mileage may vary. I suspect similar sights have been seen by many millions of folks throughout the centuries who live near, or work upon, the oceans of the world.

It might be the fact that it is a single, static picture. And not even a very good picture.

We see our environments more like a movie with constant motions, sounds, smells, and sensations -- these all add to our perceptions and our abilities to identify things and creatures. In my younger days, I used to practically live at the beach, on the cliffs and in the water as a swimmer, body-surfer, fisherman and general enthusiast..

Unfortunately, I haven't even been to the beach 100 times this year.

Also being a bit of a photo / video buff, I've seen lots of odd things in photos that were hard to identify. But when I check the videos, which I often film concurrently, these mini-mysteries are usually cleared up.

Anyway, you could do the experiment. Take a couple hundred photos of shorebirds in the mid to late afternoon in Florida with wind from the Atlantic, on cliffs of maybe 50 to 100 ft. Try to take the photo so that you get 'profile' views of the birds who are a little above you and about 40 to 60 ft away, with the sun shining in generally the same direction as the OP's photo. I think you will find one or two that will be similar. If not, take a thousand such photos. I feel sure that you will find some that exhibit similar traits. Remember to set your focus to something about 6 to 10 ft away from you.

Alternatively, take videos with the same parameters and examine it frame by frame. This might be your better bet.
edit on 1-10-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

The reason she didn't notice it at the time the pic was taken, was because it was a common bird flying by,

This is the part i'm struggling with....the fact that she didn't notice it was there when she took the pic.

No i don't believe it's a bird at all, but it could have been something else like a toy or something else someone was flying. That to me would not be uncommon on or near a beach, but would explain why she didn't take much notice of it or see it initially.

I've flown enough kites and been to enough kite festivals to know that they come in all kinds of weird and wonderful shapes and sizes, from the huge down to pocket size ones. I've flown them with invisible sewing thread as the lines too, sad i know but just saying that there are many things this could be that don't show up as "the norm".

CX.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Reminds me of the movie from 1986; Flight Of The Navigator.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Calm down guys, it's obviously just a Chinese lantern.

Nothing to see here, move along.

On a more serious note, nobody that's brought up the RC toy/other aerial craft explanation has addressed the bit where she claimed there wasn't any sound. I doubt she was mistaken since she was there for a while, and those RC toys/other aerial craft are all quite noisy to the point of irritation. You'd notice it if it was there.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Akuhei because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My first impression when I seen the picture was that its some kind of flaw in the glass of the car door. It looks to me that a chunk of the glass has been broken off.

Would love it to be a ufo of course.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

There was no glass in this shot, the side window is down.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Oh come on. You are staring at the space in front of you, take a photo and only realize afterward there was something in front of you you didn';t see. Either it's a hoax or this woman is blind.

The only two explanations. You don't look at the picture and say this is what I see... you look at the picture and say what else is going on that's not obvious... the fact she didn't notice it while looking in that direction shows her story is bollocks.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
My first impression when I seen the picture was that its some kind of flaw in the glass of the car door. It looks to me that a chunk of the glass has been broken off.

Would love it to be a ufo of course.

Seems to be the most reasonable explanation to me. There's no way to tell if the window is up really, except for light scattering (which it seems to be doing closer to the rear view mirror).

That explanation works for me, personally. They were obviously driving on rough terrain if the goats and surrounding territory are any indication.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Ok the legs and feet stand out the most. I am also a terrible artist. I was afraid someone was going to ask this.

A= Two feet and two legs
B= Beak
C= Left wing
D= Right wing
E= Head

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gguyx

I'm afraid my opinion on this not being a bird is already set. I do respect your opinion, you are entitled to it as a human being and a fellow member of ATS.

In the 28 years of my life, out of the thousands of birds I've seen first hand, in photos, movies, personal videos, aboard aircraft, on boats, swimming in the ocean, sitting in trees, driving in cars, ... etc. (you get the point); I have never seen a bird shine in a luminescent fashion. A bird is a bird. When you see a bird (unless intentionally manipulated) in a photo or video, it's fairly obvious it's a bird.

I am not saying this is a "UFO", in my opinion, but I am saying this is not a bird. If you will post a picture of the areas you speak of with the specifics you're referencing to the legs and beak, etc. it may possibly sway my opinion. As it stands, I fail to see how you're pulling a bird out of this photograph.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by jpmail

There was no glass in this shot, the side window is down.

Springer...

If that is true and can be verified, then all I can say is it's either doctored or the real deal.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Outstanding. Thanks for doing this! Worry not, I am a far cry from being artistically inclined myself.

If you could, behind the right wing, can you explain where this reflection of sunlight is coming from?

*off to bed, will catch up tomorrow*
edit on 1-10-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
A 'chip' in the glass of the window, possibly!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

sarcasm is the future, don't stop
(i love sarcasm, for me it's the highest form of wit!)...dang... am i being sarcastic? I dunno

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join