It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Good catch.

First time I look, "the drone UFO" comes to mind, cause I can see the sky behind the object, sort of.

8x8 pixelation probably an image translation of the software used to view. Some can smooth it some does not, depends on codecs perhaps ? The EXIF mentioned - not tampered.

700% and still not much pixelated, at 1000% I can see pixealtion but its not a single box, its jagged box - no copy paste here.

edit on 1-10-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Popular
ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

A sticker in the middle of the rear view mirror?

back window
edit on 1-10-2012 by dunipop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

Window Specs.......

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gguyx

Living in Florida, I see plenty of sea birds. I think I've been to the beach well over 100 times. To this day I have not seen light reflected off of a birds wing in such a luminescent fashion. Your explanation has not helped me understand when this started happening with Aves of ANY type.

link   
I've had two sightings in my life.

The second had three of these moving in the 300mph range above the treeline near where I live. The reflective quality was exactly the same. I've described the shape as "like a flatter bottom shiny football" to a couple of people and can't wait to show them this post!

B

link   
rearttp://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread886584/pg9#pid15068585]post by DeadSeraph[/url]

Um.. That is the rear window

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I saw this exact same thing and was going to post an image of it with it highlighted but every time I dropped the picture into MS pain it's resolution was gigantic and not being savvy at photo editing I could not get it to re-size.

Good stuff!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I see a plastic bag airborne with a handle.
edit on 1-10-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by charlyv

That image was taken through the windshield/windscreen of the car. We're all pretty convinced the "stuff" is streaks caused by the wipers and dirt/dust accumulated on the windshield.

Springer...

Yea, agree. Its a blurry blob, probably something on the windshield.

link   
Then doesn't that cast further doubt on the image itself, and help us to triangulate angles of light and reflection? (I'm no expert here, but if what I have circled is just the engravings/stickers on the rear view mirror, they are clearly misplaced, suggesting there is some sort of play on reflection and light going on that calls the original image into question. Have the "experts" considered this?

edit on 1-10-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It looks like cars in crete have small stickers on the passenger side rear window. Look up pictures of cars in Crete...

link   
Camera used is a Canon Powershot S100, which is the successor to its wildly popular S90 and S95 high-end compact cameras.
Focal Length value is 5.2mm (35mm equivalent 26.3mm), with an hyper-focal distance of 1.42m.

Calculations of the angular size of the object could give us some good indications of possible sizes.

It can be calculated using the following formula:

alpha = arccos [(2*sqr(F)+sqr(PA)+sqr(PB)–sqr(AB)) / 2√[(sqr(F)+sqr(PA))((sqr(F)+sqr(PB))]]

With:
F=Focal Length value equivalent 35mm
PA=Measurement between the center of the photo and one extremity of the object, in mm (after conversion from the measurement in pixel to the real dimension in mm using the real size of the sensor)
PB=Measurement between the center of the photo and the other extremity of the object, in mm
AB=Measurement of the length of the object, in mm

It can also be done using a specialized software in a graphic way:

Then, for the object to be 1m (39.37 inches) away from the camera, it will have a length of 0.02943m (1.16 inch);
if it's 100m away (328ft), then it will have a size of 2.943m (9.66ft), etc....

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?
One thing that confounds me, however, is how this was not caught by the expert who analyzed the photo? If it was noticed by him, what is his explanation for the distortion we see?
edit on 1-10-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

As Mark stated on the C2C program, the photo you are looking at here is not the full resolution size that I did examination of. You are seeing compression artifacts, and, yes, the same ones covered on ATS in past years. Pixelation around objects is not unusual at all, especially in jpg compression. You can find these sorts of artifacts in just about any jpg shot on the net (but, no one analyzes a shot of the Eiffel Tower as an example). The original image too, is jpg based and therefore subject to compression as well - but not nearly the amount you see in a web-display image.

Just as an aside, it's a shame to me that many here obviously didn't read the write up, nor examine the accompanying LAB color images.

I have seen many, many times the seagulls, birds and bugs of every kind in the long road of UO photo exams. I am fully aware of what they look like. One poster here made the correct point: show me the bird that can display the specular highlights we see here. Or show me the bird in flight, that displays angular symmetry and domed symmetry.

The bag/balloon/blowing debris: again, symmetry - and let's not forget the shooter angle vs horizon. Blowing debris? I'd like to see the spreadsheet on the odds for those aspects applying to a deflated mylar balloon. I'm just not seeing that as an answer here.

The kite/tail: again, this is not taking into account the channel specific data shown in the LAB crops.

In the end, as I said in the report - there's interesting things about this shot. The circumstances surrounding it, the shooter, and the environment. Could it be representative of the "UFO" phenomena (however loosely defined)? Could it be some sort high level technology? Don't know.

No image in the UFO category should ever be left to rust in the "unknown" bin. It's unknown today at present time, as many others are. Will they always be unknown? Time will tell I guess. I urge everyone to take the time to read the write up, if nothing else.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

No, Dufus. A sticker on the glass of the rear hatch of the Fiat SUV/crossover they were driving.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jyjon

Reasonable explanation for the aircraft, however, after visiting the website...

"When is it available? The first 35 FlyNanos will go out to our dealers from 2013."

Also, as clearly stated by the shooter, nothing was visible to her upon taking the photo. I'm pretty confident someone as established as herself would recall snapping a photo of such scenic beauty (again, as a professional photographer and artist) that had a plane plopped right in the middle of it.

RC airplane? At such a remote location? Why would someone drive to such a beautiful and desolate place to play with a toy that can be flown in your back yard? We need to apply logic to explanations before considering them.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It might be something like this www.youtube.com... . I think that's a drop of water flying from the waves splashing at their right side. A lucky shot.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HAL9000beta1

ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

No, Dufus. A sticker on the glass of the rear hatch of the Fiat SUV/crossover they were driving.

Ah. That makes sense. I see it perfectly now. Thanks!

PS:

Lay off the *SNIP* in the future.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Outstanding. I did listen to C2C tonight and wasn't entirely sure if the compression had to do with the pixels surrounding just the object in question.

Thank you for explaining!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It would be cool to go there off the coast in a helo and photograph the place the car was from a presumed distance that the object appeared to be, then wrap that image on a sphere in reverse to see if the reflections look similar.
This thing looks like a mirror surface reflecting the sky , sea and part of the coastline.
edit on 1-10-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I also saw the streaks on the windshield from the wiper blades. I took the time to go over the entire windshield and failed to find a similar looking blob, anywhere. I find it uncanny that the blob we see is proportionally at the right angle to show up where it did in the second photograph as they moved further up the dirt road. This is purely speculation but I did notice it and have taken it into consideration as whatever this may be the object more at a distance from the second photo. I am also considering it to be dirt on the windshield...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join