The Sky Shall Fall!!!

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I KNEW it was just a matter of time before someone came up with some sort of "theory", "prophecy" or "Conspiracy" about Comet2012 S1.

Here's what I found...

The sky shall fall 11 years ago i discoverd a prophecy about a comet that would cross our skys for 7 days around 2013 . when we see this comet it would be like there is 2 suns in the sky ,that's how bright it would be. It is to mark the half way point of the apocolypse 1999 to 2026. NASA has just discoverd a comet that will arrive nov 2013 called c/2012 s1 but there is more you should all know that it was also said that meteors hidden in the comets tail will bombard the earth. This will create a lot of fear of nuclear war as it will happen at a time of high tensions youtube name -> 00decoder00 and oldgoat1977

It comes from this website
www.goddiscussion.com...

Now first things first, I do NOT in anyway shape or form believe in this so called apocalypse, but one thing that caught my eye however is ...

Couldn't there be the slightest chance that small meteors from this massive comet tail off towards earth?

Anyhow, I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard about this "apocalypse" and if this just another conspiracy that this apparent Religion has made up.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Xquizit because: Website wasn't working

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
sounds like bs to me.

there are so many "prophesies" that you would be hard pressed to not find every single possibility covered for every day of every year.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So true

But what about the smaller meteors branching off the comet and head on over in our direction? Possibility?
edit on 30-9-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

2026, the new 2012

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Depends, if the comet is close enough to outshine the moon then i would worry about smaller pieces possibly making it through. but that is only if its not an ice comet. if it is in fact made of ice then i wouldn't worry too much about it other than a direct impact from the main mass.

However if its made of rock and or heavy metals then the smaller pieces or the whole of it would be an issue of concern.

If its actually a threat you will hear more about it as it grows closer next year. there are thousands of amateur astronomers that watch the skies worldwide.

Someone Will See It, and figure out the trajectory and its near earth approach data more closely as the time draws closer.

Please remain calm and don't max your cards out yet!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
he`s talking about

COMET - ISON

15 brighter than the full moon...visible for weeks...in 2013

peace
edit on 30-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Yes comet ISON is C2012 S1.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What does apocalypse mean to you?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Can't NASA or Astronomers tell if its made of ice or not? I mean they can tell what planets are made of Billions of light years away.

off I go to do some research

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Apocolypse to me means an event of mass destruction thike the earth stops spinning or a meteor destroys earth (same as which ended the life of Dinosaurs) something man cannot prevent.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

However if its made of rock and or heavy metals then the smaller pieces or the whole of it would be an issue of concern.

If its actually a threat you will hear more about it as it grows closer next year. there are thousands of amateur astronomers that watch the skies worldwide.

Someone Will See It, and figure out the trajectory and its near earth approach data more closely as the time draws closer.

Comets are made of rocky particles (mostly dust) and Ice. If it was made of rock or metal it would be an asteroid.

Comets are made mostly of ice (water ice, as well as carbon dioxide, or "dry" ice, and several other types), and rock. The rock is in the form of small dust or sand grains. In addition, comets possess small amounts of carbon-based or organic compounds. You can think of these as similar to soot. All of this material is contained in a solid object, called the comet nucleus, that is typically only a few miles across (though occasionally they can be much smaller or larger). Comets are often referred to as "dirty snowballs" because of their contents.

Source: Hayden Planetarium

The comet's orbit has been worked out and it will pass about 0.4 AU from the Earth. The reason it's expected to be so bright is because it will pass very close to the sun - about 0.012 AU. A diagram of the comet's orbit can be found in the link below.

Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) will get to within 0.012AU of the Sun (extremely close) at the end of November 2013 and then to ~0.4AU from Earth at the beginning of January 2014! According to its orbit, this comet might become a naked-eye object in the period November 2013 - January 2014. And it might reach a negative magnitude at the end of November 2013.

Source: Remanzacco Observatory

An interesting article can be found here:

New Scientist

edit on 30/9/12 by Insomniac because: Formatting and a range of cock ups!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit

Apocolypse to me means an event of mass destruction thike the earth stops spinning or a meteor destroys earth (same as which ended the life of Dinosaurs) something man cannot prevent.

Well, that is the more modern misconception. But the word comes from the Greek for unveiling or a revelation, just like the last chapter of the Christian bible. I did like that part about something man cannot prevent. When I see the sky shall fall I think of Chicken little, the newer movie version is so cute! He thinks an Alien invasion is going to bring about the end of the world but turns out a huge misunderstanding...

Sort of how I feel about this these days, I used to be afraid of the end of the world. I then realized a real end of the world will never happen, instead only an end of the world as we know it and the Apocalypse is just a misunderstanding. Could humanity end sure maybe someday but this is not what the Revelation will be. It will be an Apocalypse of understanding and maybe a brave new world for Humanity full of possibilities we have before unimagined, but not the end.
Wouldn't it be cool if this comet brought that sort of revelation or apocalypse? Or at least a really cool sky show is my hope!
edit on 30-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Apocolypse Also means the lifting of a veil, The revealing of something.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I did not see your comment until after I responded to the same post. Everyone wants an apocolypse to happen. I hope it goes down like the scene in Men in Black, when K tells J that so many years ago everyone knew the earth was flat, and up til a few minutes ago you thought we were alone on this planet!! My take on Apocolypse.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by Xquizit

The sky shall fall 11 years ago i discoverd a prophecy about a comet that would cross our skys for 7 days around 2013 . when we see this comet it would be like there is 2 suns in the sky ,that's how bright it would be. It is to mark the half way point of the apocolypse 1999 to 2026.

Ok, firstly there is a possibility that this comet could look like a second sun in the sky if it doesn't break up, fizzle out etc.. take the comet of 1882 for example. From records it was observed like a blazing star next to the sun with a rough magnitude of -15/-20 so it is possible the person could have this part right.

NASA has just discoverd a comet that will arrive nov 2013 called c/2012 s1 but there is more you should all know that it was also said that meteors hidden in the comets tail will bombard the earth. This will create a lot of fear of nuclear war as it will happen at a time of high tensions

This part I don't agree with. Where has this person got information that Meteors will bombard the Earth? This is nothing more than speculation Who said it? Where is a source to this information? I think someone has added some BS to push his Apocalyptic theory.

I will have a look at the link a reply to the rest later.
edit on 30-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Wheres the prophecy article? i found another about the comet but nthing about the prophecy.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Xquizit

Wheres the prophecy article? i found another about the comet but nthing about the prophecy.

I'm not sure. A friend of mine had posted it on Facebook and told me which site he got it from and I thought to myself... Wow, this is good! I would love to see what ATS members have to say about this...lol.

I have the day off today and so I'll have a little time to search the site as well. When I find it, I'll post it right away

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

I did not see your comment until after I responded to the same post. Everyone wants an apocolypse to happen. I hope it goes down like the scene in Men in Black, when K tells J that so many years ago everyone knew the earth was flat, and up til a few minutes ago you thought we were alone on this planet!! My take on Apocolypse.

Agreed! +1

new topics
top topics

join