It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partisan Black Caucus ignores Fast and Furious, honors Holder as 'role model'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
With all the recent controversies and miffs surrounding U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder including withheld documents and Obama claiming executive privileges and Holder being held in Contempt of Congress, it seems his only fans now are members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

They awarded him the prestigious "Congressional Black Caucus’s Chair Award' at the Annual Legislative Conference Phoenix Awards Dinner.

Wow

Gota love it.

Lauded in First Lady Michelle Obama’s keynote speech for “outstanding contributions to our nation,” Attorney General Eric Holder was presented with the Congressional Black Caucus’s Chair Award at the Annual Legislative Conference Phoenix Awards Dinner Saturday evening at the Washington Convention Center in the nation’s capitol.

“The Phoenix Awards Dinner pays tribute to the legacy and achievements of extraordinary individuals who positively impact the African-American experience,” the ALC 2012 brochure advises. That makes the inclusion of filmmaker (and prominent Obama financial backer) George Lucas as the group’s honoree for “the highest standards of dedication, ability and creativity” all the more curious, but at least puts to bed the “progressive” phantom menace of Jar Jar Binks being “a Rastarfarian Stepin Fetchit,” or at least recognizes it’s more politically advantageous to forget that and emphasize “I voted for Obama because he’s black” Jedi master Mace Windu’s exhortation to “Wake the [snip] up, Vote for Obama!”

Partisan Black Caucus ignores Fast and Furious, honors Holder as 'role model'

Attorney General Eric Holder was awarded the Congressional Black Caucus’s Chair Award last Saturday at the Phoenix Awards Dinner in Washington, DC. In her keynote speech for the event, First Lady Michelle Obama gushed over Mr. Holder’s “outstanding contributions to our nation.”

Contributions? Does that include Operation Fast & Furious, the government gun walking scheme that allowed 2,000 guns to land into the hands of already dangerous Mexican drug cartels? These guns are linked to the deaths of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and over 300 Mexican citizens. Hundreds are still missing and have recently been found in Colombia. Mr. Holder has not held anyone in the Department of Justice accountable.

The inspector general’s report on Fast & Furious said Mr. Holder did not have previous knowledge of the operation, but even if that is true, it suggests complete incompetence on his part. Mr. Holder and the Old Media claimed it vindicated him, but IG Michael Horowitz said over and over in his hearing that his report did not vindicate Mr. Holder. If anything, it shows he should not be the attorney general.

Congressional Black Caucus Honors Eric Holder

All I can say is

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Are we really surprised?
Even without F&F, we still have the lack of investigation into the intelligence leaks or the banking problems. He is a role model for the hiding of corruption in Washington.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

“The Phoenix Awards Dinner pays tribute to the legacy and achievements of extraordinary individuals who positively impact the African-American experience,” the ALC 2012 brochure advises.
You pretty much have to admit that Holder is "out of the ordinary." And a lot of people are saying (or complaining) that he's doing everything he can to help "African-Americans."

I guess they picked the right guy for their group to honor.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The controversies surrounding Holder go back for quite some time, and they are serious indeed. The guy is a criminal.
What's really rather sad about this story is the the CBC appears to have a rather low opinion of black leadership. One would think there should be more to being a role model than simply being black and successfully clawing one's way into positions of power, and abusing that power all along the way. Lowering the standards for a role model like this sounds to me like they somehow don't believe that black leaders are capable of meeting higher standards. I find this shocking, and very sad, and a huge insult to the black community that has produced some incredibly strong and principled leaders who are rightly role models for us all.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In all fairness, Holder has not been charged with any crimes, has not been removed from his job as AG and is, in fact, a successful black man.

Unless he is convicted of a crime or is removed from his post, it seems as though he is someone to be looked at as inspiration for black people as to how they too can succeed and move up in the world.

If you want to be outraged about something, we can find many more examples that would better serve the country...rather than worry about who got the CBC award.

Just saying......

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
How the hell can he be charged with crimes when he is the head of the "department of injustice" ?

The highest LEO job in the country you can get away with murder, and he has.

Meh.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
when will we realize these are just people with shiny titles honouring and lending legitimacy to each other with no regard for the greater society..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok, fair enough. Now can you tell me why Holder should not have gotten this award?

Also, should we chastise the CBC for this as well?

Honestly, I could care less about this issue but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

join