It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House Blocks Obama Administration’s Plan to Send $450 Million to Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
How about along with not sending money to other countries that don't share the US's values, also not sending the troops to those same countries. How about the US save money and remove its soldiers from all countries who's people don't want them.
Bring those soldiers home, put them to use rebuilding the US instead of nation building abroad. Reconstruct the infrastructure, retrain these men and women to be a part of the new economy. And build stronger borders, this country is gonna need em the way the world is going.

Aaaand in a couple short years the US will be stronger than it ever was and these countries will be begging for us to come back and attempt to bring civilty back to them as their oldworld fake theocracys fail.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
Finally. We stop funding terrorism.

We should stop funding the rest of the world period. It's insanity to think of all the economic woes we are having, and then our folks on the hill want to give (not loan but GIVE?) our money away hand over fist!
I don't give a crap if promises were made to give free money; we need to take away the irresponsible spenders' check books like yesterday!

Put that $450mil and every other damn red cent we're giving away into an American small business loan fund. Help Joe the Unemployed become Joe the Plumber of Joe's Plumbing. Put our money where your hot air and rhetoric promise it will go in the first place! We'll pay back the money loaned to us from ourselves, and it will make money to boot. It's better than just flushing it away to a country who will hate us tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If we stop financing the world, right our own ship, become prosperous or at least find our way out of the red and into the black, then we can think about being charitable to foreign governments. Let the people decide however.

"Dear Egypt,
I'm writing to say I'm sorry that 51% of my peeps said I can't write you a $450mil check.
Maybe next year.
Much love,
PresO."

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
They already posses meta stealth space ships here in america we have only one goal.

World domniation or world peace.

in the words of a queensryche song "If we don't stand together we stand to lose the future"

edit on 1-10-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Something tells me that the folks in charge intend to not lose much of anything

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Did he earn it legally, and pay the taxes on it? let him enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

you dont actually think america is paying it out of its pocket..
no..its about allowing the IMF to release payment.

i doubt its from your bank account,,,highly doubt

peace

It really does no matter where it is from. Your not getting it, that's what matters.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
awe wth i really wanted to send my tax dollars there and not get a t shirt, damnits!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Who is on who's side anyway ??

Important Topic Updates

The US State Department said Monday it would work with Congress to try to unblock some $450 million in economic aid for Egypt, after a lawmaker froze the funds.

State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland confirmed the US administration had asked Congress to free up the money in two tranches to support the government in Cairo.

But she said there were "concerns" about the plan amid rocky ties between the United States and Egypt, under its new Islamist leader, President Mohamed Morsi.

"We're obviously going to have to work with the Congress in the coming days and weeks to explain why we think this money is so essential at a time of almost 12 billion (dollars) in budget gap in Egypt," Nuland told reporters....

US State Dept Seeks to Unblock $450 mn for Egypt

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmhaines
reply to post by jimmiec

Did he earn it legally, and pay the taxes on it? let him enjoy it.

Will he pay more than 14% on that money and property?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Honor93

Now all we have to do is get the traitors out of the Senate.
or bigger balls in the House !!!
either way could work though ... but, i'm all for a round of new seating in both.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by buddha

Obama bought a 35 million dollar home in Hawaii actually.
doesn't mean he'll be there ... besides, didn't you know that was a "gift" for Michelle and the girls knowing all the DL (downlow) info was coming out again.
gotta keep her happy ya know ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join