It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House Blocks Obama Administration’s Plan to Send $450 Million to Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
US House Blocks Obama Administration’s Plan to Send $450 Million to Egypt

The Obama Administration wants to transfer some $450 million to the Egyptian Government led by Muslim Brotherhood supported President Mohammed Morsi.

The U.S. House said wait a minute !!!

WASHINGTON (TheBlaze/AP) — The Obama administration’s plan to transfer $450 million in cash to Egypt hit a roadblock Friday as a top House committee chairwoman blocked the move, saying it warrants further review.

Rep. Kay Granger, R-Texas, said the State Department had notified Congress of plans to move the money to the new government of President Mohammed Morsi as Cairo struggles economically. The money is part of the nearly $1 billion in debt relief that President Barack Obama had promised the Muslim Brotherhood-controlled Egypt earlier this year.

“This proposal comes to Congress at a point when the U.S.-Egypt relationship has never been under more scrutiny, and rightly so,” the chairwoman of the Appropriations subcommittee on foreign operations said in a statement. “I am not convinced of the urgent need for this assistance and I cannot support it at this time. … I have placed a hold on these funds.”.........

What advantages / disadvantages does Obama have here ?

Hold the phone....

Let's think about this !!!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Finally. We stop funding terrorism.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

lol looks like the o-team is tripping over it's own BS
as it's obvious the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing

now the o-team is going to have to let key opponents in on whatever racket/scam/agenda they're pulling.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
its so obvious that they plan to call egypt an enemy in the near future.

america has always sent money to egypt since howard carter...isrealis hope egypt stick to the agreement, but here we have certain americans not wanting to....weird.

securing the canal and providing security for isreal in the sinai is what the money is used for...bearing in mind america send isreal much much more....what is that money for?

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr

erm..are egyptian terrorists???????

you paid to set up the taliban...now your paying to set up terrorists in libya and syria....but you have a problem with egypt....fix up, that BS rhetoric wont work on egypt.....

all this means is that egypt have no reason to stick with the carter treaty...is that what you want...because thats exactly what 90% of egyptians want!!!

be careful...this one will bite you in the....

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Svipdagr

erm..are egyptian terrorists???????

you paid to set up the taliban...now your paying to set up terrorists in libya and syria....but you have a problem with egypt....fix up, that BS rhetoric wont work on egypt.....

all this means is that egypt have no reason to stick with the carter treaty...is that what you want...because thats exactly what 90% of egyptians want!!!

be careful...this one will bite you in the....

peace

lol we're broke dude, or didn't you get the memo? we cannot even afford to fix our own country how do you think we can afford to fix yours? the money faucet is running low and this will only get worse so i don't think Egypt will not be alone in receiving less obama funny money this year.
edit on 30-9-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Damn politicians need to worry about cleaning our own house before giving charity to those that dont bleed for this soil.

quit throwing money to other countries... spread that money between the lower classes. (the poor WORKING classes)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

you dont actually think america is paying it out of its pocket..
no..its about allowing the IMF to release payment.

i doubt its from your bank account,,,highly doubt

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow!!! Are the tides changing? Did the House members eat their Wheaties this morning? Did they all get some last night? I am dumbfounded by their intelligence when confronted with such matters. Heck, I might go and buy a lottery ticket just for the good thinking and fortune... I might just win! Besides, couldn't the American people put these kind of funds to good use? Just asking...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Inexplicably, the administration’s announced aid proposal came two days after Morsi read the U.S. the riot act in his remarks at U.N. General Assembly. In his speech, Morsi defended a ban on free speech when it comes to insults against Islam. “Egypt respects freedom of expression,” he said, but “not a freedom of expression that targets a specific religion or a specific culture.”

This guy is already off to a wonderful start.. right? He's the perfect guy to give $450 million to.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Good on the guy who blocked it!

I personally think giving out money to other countries is ridiculous unless they are in a humanitarian need and it is for humanitarian supplies.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
kudos to the lady of the House with the kahunas to put one foot down and delay ... delay ... delay

i still don't see the need for the $billion promised and we certainly cannot afford it anyway.
Morsi has no intention on cooperating with the US so why should we cooperate with him ?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

What you mean they have also stopped funding israel as well. well done.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrafax

I would seriously doubt it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think that should really be blocked since it can trigger war.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Now all we have to do is get the traitors out of the Senate.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by astrafax

I would seriously doubt it.

I Know but it was worth the try.

They just secretly passed a bil that makes the US president personally conduct a review of israels military level compared to any possible threat once a year and provide whatever money or equipment is required to maintain israels military advantage over it's perceived threats. As a side note this has no limit on the amount of money that the USA has to pay to fulfill this review.
I also find it strange that it forces the president of the USA to personally carry out the review or face consequences. That is really rubbing the US's nose in it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Mohammed Morsi, The Muslim Brotherhood and Egypt can all go get bent as far as I am concerned. We are in a National crisis financially and Americans are suffering more and more everyday. I support this move and I also support halting any and all foreign financial aid until we balance our budget. Then and only then should Congress even put to task helping other Nations and only Nations that share our exact same values. Nothing more and nothing less than equal to our own.

I am not scared to say that I don't give a crap about Egypt or it's problems and people. What I care about is my Country and my people. Congress needs to grow a bloody pair and start doing these things consistently.

I love seeing the Executive Branch get a what for from the Legislative branch like this.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And I bet they still vote Obama the dictator in.
is he going to retire to Egypt?
after he destroys america.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Obama bought a 35 million dollar home in Hawaii actually.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join