It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW Is This NOT White Liberal Exploitation of Black People?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

manhandling? Really? I see at one point an organizer guiding some a couple away and advising them not to speak to the interviewer. Those showed no signs of distress or anything....That was not manhandling...That's you showing a bit of bias, if you ask me.

Also, according to the video, some are paid but there are also lots there on their own dime.....

As for bringing up race?What in the world does that have do to with ANYTHING? I see people of many races among the protesters. Black, White, Hispanic even....

This has nothing to do with race...And to try and make it about that...I find that rather gross of you...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

One of the major potential areas of union growth in the United States is organizing workers usually hitherto considered "unorganizable," especially low-wage service sector workers, in what is often called "social movement organizing."[12] Many of these service sector workers are minorities, immigrants, and women.[13]

So now that you know the union is primarily made up of minorities how can you see this as exploitation of them?

2012 SEIU is paying their employees to protest against Mitt Romney's campaign at a rate of $11.00 per hour showing their support for the Citizens United Decision made by the Supreme Court of the United States allowing businesses to participate in the electoral process.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Who was it that screwed up that quote at a debate?

wiki

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They can talk but keep movin, she got a lil sidetracked and could have said something stupid, he got her back in line. Shes grown, if she didn't want to be directed back in line she would have said something... But she probably knows the procedure, since they are getting paid....
edit on 1-10-2012 by dayve because: typoh

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Any excuse to try to make unions look bad.

You people must either not work, or you are idiots.

The unions, however bad they may be, are the only way workers have a voice. Without unions workers are completely at the mercy of the company they work for.

Without unions you would not have an eight hour day, a 5 day work week, weekends, paid holidays, overtime pay, safe work environment, child labour laws, minimum wage, no middle class, bargaining rights.

I could go on and on. You people have such short memories, and no sense of history.

Imagine what life in the United States would (or will) be like without unions. To conjure up such an image, one needs only to go back in time when unions didn’t exist… back to the Dark Ages and feudalism, back to injustice, slavery, indentured servants, and castles surrounded by rat-infested thatched-roof shanties housing the starving, uneducated paupers....

Imagine America without Unions

Nationwide, organized labor has become the whipping-boy for business groups and their political allies, bearing the blame for much of the country’s fiscal woes...

Without unions, workers left without a voice

Why do you believe the lies of the capitalist class? Who's side are you on? Do you want America to be like Mexico?

The Thursday story about Mexico's labor system trapping millions in poverty reminded me of what my parents said 50 years ago, that if we get rid of unions, we will be like Mexico -- just the "haves" and the "have-nots."

-- Mary Hada, North Richland Hills

Looking for comments?

Read more here: www.star-telegram.com...=cpy

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

How typical. Call ME racist for pointing this out...what a sad retort.

It has been my experience that when someone finds racial prejudice in even the simplest of things said person is usually racist. I was a bit quick to call you a racist seeing as this is not always the case but 9/10 of the times it is the case. my apologies for my blind assumptions

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

How typical. Call ME racist for pointing this out...what a sad retort.

It has been my experience that when someone finds racial prejudice in even the simplest of things said person is usually racist. I was a bit quick to call you a racist seeing as this is not always the case but 9/10 of the times it is the case. my apologies for my blind assumptions

I appreciate your apology and your tone. I also understand your reference to Hesse's maxim...and agree with you that it is often true...but not always. You exhibit character IMHO.

Perception is everything. I see injustice in this video...while, obviously, some agree with me and some do not. We certainly can, at least, agree to disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join