Voting for Obama? Hugo Chavez Says HE Would.

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
As a rule of thumb, I have been staying clear of politics lately, for the most part, because of the absurdity of it all. But this article???? THIS IS A PURE DEMONSTRATION OF THE ABSURDITY!

Is this spin? Manipulation? Stupidity? Is Machiavelli resurrected and running the entire friggin' show?


HUGO CHAVEZ SAYS HE'D VOTE FOR OBAMA



Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has weighed in on the U.S. presidential race, saying he prefers President Barack Obama.

"If I were American, I'd vote for Obama," Chavez said in a televised interview that aired Sunday.

The Venezuelan leader called Obama "a good guy" and said if the U.S. president were a Venezuelan, "I think ... he'd vote for Chavez."

"I wish we could begin a new period of normal relations with the government of the United States," Chavez said in the interview on the Venezuelan television channel Televen.

The U.S. Embassy in Caracas has been without an ambassador since July 2010, with Chavez rejecting Washington's nominee for ambassador, Larry Palmer, and accusing him of making disrespectful remarks about Venezuela's government. That led Washington to revoke the visa of the Venezuelan ambassador to the U.S.


Try for the source once again!

I will likely stand back and avoid any left vs right brawling that may ensue. But this is just left me not only speechless. But I think trying to understand it dropped my IQ a few points.

~twitch~

~Heff
edit on 9/30/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This settles it. I'm definitely voting for Obama now. If only we could get someone as radical as Chavez here in america.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


Sounds like ole Hugo is getting nervous?????? A little suck up time?

Chavez rattled by heart-throb rival



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
As a rule of thumb, I have been staying clear of politics lately, for the most part.


No you haven't.

Your link doesn't work.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET
 


It works when I click it. Anyone else having issues with it?

ETA: Oh, and "Oh yes I have!
I've been ruining my good name writing threads about conditioning and brainwashing!
edit on 9/30/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by METACOMET
 


It works when I click it. Anyone else having issues with it?


It just takes me to the AP blue page with the map. Maybe your link is reliant on local cookies?



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think it was using my cookies. The edited link should work.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 




Chavez should Google Ron Paul, or now Gary Johnson.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I can just see Obama facepalming and saying "That dude said WHAT???" and then ordering Holder to make sure no Romney Superpacs have sent any money to Venezuela lately...

Chavez politically supporting you is like getting Lindsay Lohan as your AA sponsor.

~Heff



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
why would he vote for romney ?

why would anyone besides donald trump ?



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I hate Chavez with passion and this Sunday he is going out!

I am not very familiar with U.S politics but I would also vote for Obama just because the other guy seems too radical and a joke for me from what I have seen in the news and here.

I would have voted Ron Paul of he was for candidate but hey!
Sucks you guys have clowns as politicians! I really don't know where you get them from.

I am Venezuelan so I know about Chavez at least.

Picture of today's Capriles campaign in Caracas:





posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would say I am shocked but I bet Mao and Marx would vote for him too.



If only they could have one last embrace...are they open mouthed in this photo? You decide...

I don't even kiss my wife like that in public - odd.

Ah, young love!



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66
 


Not picking sides... but for all of the Obama bashing threads on ATS... why do they NOT include this picture? Is Romney aware of this picture???

If you're a Romney supporter, email him this picture because he really needs some help right now and that picture. Well it might just work!


~Heff



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


May want to hold off on that email and that's because the picture isn't real. It was an ad, an ad the White House already slammed last year.

White House slams ad showing Obama-Chavez "kiss"


www.reuters.com...


(Reuters) - An advertising campaign that depicts President Barack Obama kissing two male world leaders on the mouth drew a critical response from the White House on Thursday.

"The White House has a longstanding policy disapproving of the use of the president's name and likeness for commercial purposes," said White House Spokesman Eric Schultz.

The "Unhate" campaign for Italian clothing firm Benetton showed various world leaders kissing, including Obama lip-locked with Chinese President Hu Jintao and Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, a longtime Washington adversary.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Golf66
 


Not picking sides... but for all of the Obama bashing threads on ATS... why do they NOT include this picture? Is Romney aware of this picture???

If you're a Romney supporter, email him this picture because he really needs some help right now and that picture. Well it might just work!


~Heff


I found this a while back I don't remember where I had it in my ats upload thingy I tend to use it every time anyone talks about the Obama - Chavez connection because I think it’s really creepy.

Is it me or does it look like they are into that a little too much?

Anyway, I am not so much a Romney supporter as an Obama buster - the man is a complete fraud in my opinion and I'd rather put Justin Beeber in office - anyone but him.

Romney is stale and stiff but at least he is not Obama. How much worse could he do?

Personally, I think we need to zero out the system and start over with all new “representatives” with the precondition that they not have served in an elected office ever. Then put in term limits and the requirement for a referendum for any pay or benefit package they get. Make no such thing as a “pension or retirement” for an elected official. Do away with any corporate, group or union (non-personal) donations. Then make restrictions on who they can work for and how much after they are out of office along with making lobbiest a thing of the past.

Take off the limit on a personal campaign donation with the condition that the campaign be able to produce a list on demand with all the names and amounts. Hell if an individual wants to give another all their money to make it to office that cares – the ledgers will be obvious who is trading money for legislation.

That would be a start.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Obama is a good guy , He deserves another term



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowzeroq
Obama is a good guy , He deserves another term




As a freind of mine would say...........

OH YEAH!



Drink it up!



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Hefficide
 


May want to hold off on that email and that's because the picture isn't real. It was an ad, an ad the White House already slammed last year.

White House slams ad showing Obama-Chavez "kiss"


www.reuters.com...


(Reuters) - An advertising campaign that depicts President Barack Obama kissing two male world leaders on the mouth drew a critical response from the White House on Thursday.

"The White House has a longstanding policy disapproving of the use of the president's name and likeness for commercial purposes," said White House Spokesman Eric Schultz.

The "Unhate" campaign for Italian clothing firm Benetton showed various world leaders kissing, including Obama lip-locked with Chinese President Hu Jintao and Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, a longtime Washington adversary.


Still funny - he did initiate a handshake with Chavez and accept an Anti-American book as a gift from him. Bad enough…

He might as well have kissed him.

Perhaps given him a reach around as well…

Accepting an Anti-American book, awesome!

He’s been leading from behind since way before he made the declaration about Libya.






top topics



 
2

log in

join