It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope this wont come back to bite me but

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm at the end of 4 weeks into an 8 week class. I really couldn't bother with it anymore as it's the last class I have since my loans dried up. I'm seriously pondering just not doing anything more. Yeah, I'll fail the class but really, nothing I took for the past 2 years means anything to me any more. That passion died once the loans dried up and I found I couldn't finish the next 2 years.

I got A's and B's throughout my entire schooling, a 3.40 gpa. I'm sure this will bring it down to a 2.0 or so but really, I don't care. I hate Devry and the ....well yeah. Whatever. xD

I feel free. I'm done.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Are your Devry credits transferable to other schools? Like a community college? If so, then stick with it, even if it's emotionally tough. Don't let THEM take away your accomplishments along with the loans. Ya know?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This close to the end, you should do the best you can. No point forclosing upon any potential opportunity that might arrise later, because you injured yourself now. It may not help you, but it could also hurt you.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would tuff it out...and keep that good GPA going.....you might want to get back into all this at a later date. Why not keep your good work going for another 4 weeks?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Fight the good fight, never let the Man or Woman get ya down.
Community college here are cheap. financial aid covers it all pretty much,
minus two or three hunskie.
just something to keep in mind is if they are federal student loans and you Withdraw you have to start paying them back immediately.

Dont let that hard work slip away.
Best of luck to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, you can always go back and finish later on in life.
Credits should transfer. I would keep the GPA up because you might need it someday later on and regret not keeping it high.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Darkblade71 because: added thumbs up

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Exactly...someone might understand how you got screwed, but they won't like it if they think you threw in the towel.

Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Try to stick it out hun. I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now. Hopefully things will improve in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Really sorry about your loan situation. They dropped the ball in the middle of the game. They're losers. You're not. You didn't get where you are by throwing in the towel. Keep at the game until the buzzer sounds, and do your best in all you do, even when others (like lame loaners) don't measure up to your skill and tenacity .

You know who you are-- BE that person!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks guys n gals. I'm going to stick with it and finish out. I had a moment of non-clarity when I posted the op earlier. I just want to be done and start repaying back that 57k I owe so I can get rid of it. FIgure if I can find a job good enough to where I can make 500 a month payments, I can have it paid off in about 10 or 10.5 years. We'll still have to be on food stamps sadly while doing so because I'll be making about 9.50 to 10 an hour but...... gotta repay that. Just wish i had a degree to go with it. Paying 57k for air is kind of sad.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Sadly, 98% of schools wont take devry credits. Found that out too late though they claim to be accredited.

I'm getting into phlebotomy instead. It's a 2 semester course at 72/credit hour vs devry's 605/credit hour. I have plans. Sad I didn't realize it til it was too late but it's all good
I'm using the last of my loans left to do this phlebotomy schooling. May as well. My dream job was to work in the medical field after all.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

As if the whole scool loan program wasnt bad enough the crediting scam is even worse. The schools that claim to be accredited and are not should be forced to refund tuition.

I know someone who is stuck in the same boat. Just sucks to see young people saddled with so much debt and then get the carpet yanked out from under them before they can finish school.

As for the 500 a month to pay them back I would just give them the very smallest payment allowed.

for 500 a month at 10.00 an hour you will be working 2 days a week just for the payback. That only leaves 3 days a week to live off of or about 240.00 gross, 190.00 take home in the US can you live on 190.00 a week?

Finish up what you can the best you can and let them burn for the rest.

new topics

top topics

join