It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are any Ron Paul voters mad enough at the GOP to vote for Obama?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am curious about this. After all the primary election fraud and now Romney's attacking regular Americans while the GOP is trying to steal everyones' voting rights, won't some RP fans be disgusted enough with the GOP to vote for Obama? I can't believe that they will all write in RP and take a risk of Romney being elected after all the crime they did to make him the nominee.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

No. The majority of us are upset at both parties, GOP and DNC.

Both suck and I will cast my vote for a third party candidate. I don't care if it will be a write in for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, but it will depend on where the unity lies most--probably Gary Johnson.

But no, hahahaha, NO WAY would I vote for another Obamney.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I'll be voting for Ron Paul. In all likelihood, Ron Paul will be the last person from the 2-headed 1-Party system that I will ever vote for.

After this year, it will almost always be Libertarian.

Once youre exposed to someone like Ron Paul, you can never simply accept the typical scum bag Republican/Democrat.

In many ways, I think Ron Paul has set the bar too high. I doubt that in my lifetime, we will ever see someone as incorruptible, someone who cant be bought or pressured, someone who has such a deep understanding of economics and government that hes been forecasting events 30 years beforehand.

There will never be another Ron Paul.

edit on 30-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Of course. Romney is a non option for me.

Let me rephrase... My vote will probably go (I) or (L), but if those weren't an option, I'd rather Obama remain in than see Romney take it.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Well, as a Republican who voted for Dr. Paul in 2008 and helped him campaign this election cycle, I can say that no, I will not be voting for Obama though I am enraged with how Ron Paul was treated this year, specifically during the primaries and the state caucuses which I followed very closely.

In my eyes, both parties or rather the career politicians from both parties have all but publicly gotten together and held hands while destroying this country. No matter which way you cut it, while one party is making plans that will help destroy the middle class, the other party is at the very least standing by and letting it happen. They are both guilty of putting their personal loyalties before their loyalty to the American people and the Constitution.

Sure, they like to argue about gay marriage and what have you, but both parties have helped pass the Patriot Act, NDAA, they both support imperialistic wars, they both support bailing out banks that have conducted criminal behavior. Obama gets way more credit then he deserves from the right-wing mouthpieces, but he has blame laying at his feet, as well. He has helped expand all of the policies that started this country on the path it is on during Bill Clinton and George Bush presidencies. Of course, many of these problems stem even further back, but in the past 30 years we have seen in increase in corrupt and criminal (in my eyes) practices and policies especially out of the economic sector that have broken the back of the middle class.

So in summary, I am steaming mad at my own party, and am very critical of them. But that will not drive me into the arms of the Democrats as their policies have done just as much harm and they are just as guilty.

As much as I want to write in Ron Paul like I did in 08, as far as I know, it will not get counted. So I will be casting a vote for Gary Johnson and Judge Jim Gray.
edit on 30-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nope. I will write in RP, vote Johnson or I may take the kids to the park and forget about the whole thing.

A good friend of mine told me that I was stupid for taking such a stance and that sometimes we have to vote the lesser of two evils....Obama or Romney.

Evil is evil and I don't play that game.

I really wish we had the option to check "none of the above" on the ballot.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Nah, Ron Paul supporters are either going to write in Ron Paul or vote for Gary Johnson, although I suppose a small minority will vote for one of the two lesser evils and that's ok because they were never true supporters of freedom and liberty anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'll still be voting for Paul even if I have to write his name across the ballot.

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I support Ron Paul, but I'm not a Republican. It was no surprise to me that the GOP would pull the stunts they have. I'm certainly not going to vote for Obama. I saw Bush 3.0 for what he was before the first election. I shall revert to voting for Gary Johnson. I'm a registered Libertarian anyway. Romney is a joke. Obama is a joke. Unfortunately, the joke is on America.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How is that anywhere near a legitimate question?

If you couldn't eat cherry pie, would you eat mud pie?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have been an independent voter my whole voting life............I am now 60. From this election forward I will not vote for a Republican or a Democrat no matter how good they "appear" to be. If there is no third option I will write in, or not vote.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
I am curious about this. After all the primary election fraud and now Romney's attacking regular Americans while the GOP is trying to steal everyones' voting rights, won't some RP fans be disgusted enough with the GOP to vote for Obama? I can't believe that they will all write in RP and take a risk of Romney being elected after all the crime they did to make him the nominee.

I think they would vote for Gary Johnson before Obama. I'm one of those Obama supporters who cheered RP on and would have voted for him if he made it but, now that it's between Obama and Romney, I can't risk my vote with Gary Johnson. I'm gonna have to vote for Obama again.

Yes, I know. "Lesser of evils, grumble grumble..." but even though the lesser of evils is still evil... it's still the lesser evil. As much as I try to vote according to my principles, pragmatism always trumps my pride.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think most of us 'Paulites' realize it will be a complete wasted vote to write in Paul, and thus a large portion of us will be voting Johnson/Gray this year. I personally wouldnt vote at all if Johnson/Gray didnt have a a realistic platform to launch from. They are most similar to Paul in where they stand, and Johnson seems like an honest individual.

So no, I wont be voting for Obama, I already know hes going to win, been knowing it since Ron Paul lost out on a fair shake with the GOP, so I dont need to help him, Romney can fall off a cliff for all i care with how he ended up nominated, so that leaves not voting or G. Johnson. I like the prospect of not voting since that sends the message that I dont agree with the whole darn system, but I would also like the Republican party to see how much damage they have done, and hopefully begin to split this 2-party system up, so ill let my vote reside with Johnson.

The GOP will have another 4 years to think about all the wrongs they have committed and how irrelevant they are becoming. From hijacking the Tea Party and what it stood for (if left alone the Tea Party probably wouldve formed around Paul to begin with being he was the champion of the constitution and such), to shunning the only real candidate that wouldve tried to actually save this country only to protect their profits. No thanks, so once we have the GOPs attention, we turn out the democrats next as they will still be covering for their 'republican' buddies and business partners, so we need to completely wipe out their existing ideals and give birth to some new political parties that will once again work for the people.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's unpleasant to see so many people acting like crybabies, saying they're going to flush their vote down the toilet. If Obama gets elected, I hope you all get diaper rash.

Remember what Ralph Nader accomplished in 2000? His votes in Florida kept Gore out of the White House.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Q33323 because: Additional insight

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
It's unpleasant to see so many people acting like crybabies, saying they're going to flush their vote down the toilet. If Obama gets elected, I hope you all get diaper rash.

Voting for Romney isn't flushing their votes too? Would you seriously prefer to see Romney pretending to be president?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Yes. Obama is the worst choice this country could have made, during one of the worst times in our nation's history. He must be fired. But, if you want to cut your nose off to spite your face, be my guest.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
reply to post by Cuervo

Yes. Obama is the worst choice this country could have made, during one of the worst times in our nation's history. He must be fired. But, if you want to cut your nose off to spite your face, be my guest.

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just still in denial that people support Romney. I thought they were just kidding. So you are really going to vote for him? You aren't just being ironic?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
realistically I just dont see Romney able to over come Obama, ive known it since Ron Paul was outright cheated, and for those seriously treacherous acts by the GOP, they have lost a ton of votes. If they were concerned about Ron Paul pulling a Nader, maybe they shouldve put up a better candidate that wouldve pulled votes instead of begging for them back from a person not even actively running anymore. Too bad we are all smarter than the GOP takes us and will be voting for Johnson so they know not to mess with the little guys. We will cut the head off the snake one way or the other.

We tried to kill the snake completely (both Rs and Ds) by putting Paul in office, but with all the cheating it just truly exposed how corrupt the GOP is at the moment, so now we will destroy the Republican party as a whole this go around, and work on the democrats after we clean the republican house. Let the pieces fall where they may, but at the end of the day the GOP brought this all on themselves. They chose their candidate, they chose to be corrupt in a day where every one can tape what you are doing. They get no sympathy from me. Shouldve done their fracking job and represented the people instead of big corporations and big money.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I don't like Romney either. I'm being pragmatic.

I like Paul, but I'm realistic. I believe we'll have a viable third party candidate in eight years.

In addition, there are Obama operatives posing as Paul supporters to keep the pot stirred.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

You are completely insane. So, what you're saying is we all ought to suffer another four years of Obama as a lesson? Listen to me: there may be nothing left to salvage, and you are a blubbering CRYBABY!

PLEASE NOTE: ad hominem attacks are not conducive to the discussion. Criticize the post, but do not attack the person who wrote it. Please refer to Civility and Decorum are Required. Thank you.

edit on 1/10/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join