NJ School District Cuts Portions for Students $3 Behind on Lunch Payment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Aint that great?

Students going hungry portions getting smaller, getting charged more, all the while those teachers make 75-100k a year!!!

Student's count?

Nope teachers salaries do.

Yeah, let's cut teachers' salaries because kids are getting shorted on their lunch!

That's a way better idea than eliminating corruption, ending tax cuts for the wealthy and cutting down on our bloated military budget.

Besides, teachers in New Jersey are already making an average of $66,612 a year! What a bunch of elitist snobs straddling the lower-middle class like that. How dare they expect to be paid a fair wage for doing arguably one of the most important jobs in the country.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I suppose the kids are really learning well at school these days. They are learning they can expect to pay more, for less of what they won't get much choice in...and even that will be cut back as punishment if they don't maintain their position in the rat race.

Yup.. Who could have doubted the effectiveness of our schools? They seem to be working very well indeed...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

How about cutting the billions wasted on free cell phones eh?

If teachers were earning the money that was paid to them that might be a different story, and blah blah blah evil defense when the facts say:

Never mind who am I kidding go ahead and let dogma get in the way of common sense.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Kharron

Move to Chicago,il,USA that is the country I live in,.

Paid attention to the news?
edit on 30-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

All depends which news you listen to, man... to illustrate a point, here's a quick google search for Chicago average salaries, tells a different story from the MSM pomp and circumstance:

The in box. The $74,000 lie.

That just isn’t true. To fact check this claim, I went to the best source available to the public: the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS has data from May 2011 for the Chicago metropolitan area that breaks down the average salary for teachers. Across the profession, teachers in the area were earning an average salary of $56,720. Keep in mind that a median salary would probably be a more accurate picture of what teachers actually earn (veteran teacher salaries will be dragging the number upwards) but that this number is not available.

If you look at the different subsets of teachers, some earn as little an average salary as $44,480 (foreign language teachers). Also keep in mind that the cost of food and living is well above the U.S. average in Chicago.

Khar

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

In my school district if a child gets over $12 behind without payment then the cafeteria gives them a sandwich, a bag of chips, a piece of fruit and a carton of milk. Surrounding school districts are not as generous, giving a sandwich and a carton of milk only with an outstanding balance as little as $3. The funny part about it is that the least generous districts are usually the wealthiest.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I suppose the kids are really learning well at school these days. They are learning they can expect to pay more, for less of what they won't get much choice in...and even that will be cut back as punishment if they don't maintain their position in the rat race.

Yup.. Who could have doubted the effectiveness of our schools? They seem to be working very well indeed...

indeed wrabbit, the 3 R's are getting short shrift more and more at the expense of the main curriculum
obedience,obeisance, and conformity.

to tired to google but i'd bet dollars to donuts the repugs have a majority in NJ
this is why they've been chipping away at the school lunch program with the goal to eliminate it.

more money for their criminal friends.

at this rate they'll be taxing oxygen soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

How about cutting the billions wasted on free cell phones eh?

If teachers were earning the money that was paid to them that might be a different story, and blah blah blah evil defense when the facts say:

Never mind who am I kidding go ahead and let dogma get in the way of common sense.

lol neo it's only common sense to corporate overlords and C.O. wannabee's

to my anarchist POV
you're just promoting slavery to the rich
sorta like the case of this OP

i agree about the phones though, for the elderly sure, but, i have to say i never thought i'd see such degradation to the point of selling one's vote so cheaply

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

BRAVO teachers in america have very difficult job.
one perk thou that i think would make it all worth it is
summers OFF three weeks a year off, all the holidays OFF !

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I graduated in 1975 and we actually had good school lunches. We never had to pay for lunch as it was provided by the school. In fact there were many times in which we were able to go back for seconds if we wanted to.
The people working behind the counter were school employees and they came in early in the morning to get started cooking the lunch.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why feed children when a country can better spend trillions on a war on terror.

That's the priority, it is pretty clear.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
First off, I don't understand why people are talking about smaller portions under Michelle Obama? My children's lunch menu clearly states that they get one main entree and UNLIMITED trips to the fruit and veggie bar.

That being said, when I lived in Missouri they would limit children to a pb&j and milk if their lunch account was over 10.00. Most self respecting parents would NEVER do that to their children as the other kids would make fun of them. Now I live in Kansas and they will not let children go hungry no matter what, so if your lunch account gets over, your children still get fed, and fed well, but the lunch lady will at some point show up at your house and cap you in the knees until you pay. Yes that's an exaggeration, but seriously, parents need to keep up with the lunch account, or make their children's lunch at home!!! Simple as that

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yes, indeed. 'Obey' is the one lesson repeated often and non-stop throughout the school years, isn't it? I suppose I can't honestly start with 'Well, back in my day.....' lol... It was no different in the 70's where that's concerned as I recall. Conformity was rewarded and individualism was...discouraged..to put it nicely where I was.

You know where I see the biggest difference? Obey was a concept and conformity was strongly encouraged. It wasn't required by absolute force of law and regulation, on pain of explosion or perm. record marks following one round from grade school onward.

I agree with you on everything but the Partisan angle... Repubs are the VISIBLE bad guys and seem to accept that role for the bad press they get with it....but the schools have been largely a Democrat stronghold in most areas for at least a couple decades now. Clear back to my days in the 70's for the So. California schools.

Does that mean I see Democrats to blame? Hell no... Not really, and not as a party. Republican screw the school kids from the State House and Democrats screw the school kids from the School Administration building and School Board chamber. The poor kids at the bottom of the pile still get screwed from all sides and can't even tell you where it's coming from half the time, IMO.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Is really sad when news like this show up in our nation of "plenty" but plenty only for government waste and abuse and trillions in foreign aid to terrorist countries

When I was a teacher here in the south, I remember that I was told that for some children lunch was the only meal that many of them got in the entire day

Yes that is the truth.

Even when some think that lunches is the responsibility of the parents, is many areas in the US that some can not even afford to pay.

This is happening in America the nation of plenty, the nation of generosity at the expenses of tax payer to foreign nations

Were is the outraged.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
School teachers have it rough my wife is pretty much getting forced to retire. If she doesn't it cost $400 a month and nearly $500 more a month for insurance. So a nearly $900 a month hit if she works past the end of the year. As it stands she will only get about $6500 a month and have to pay about $200 a month for insurance for both of us. About a 30% pay cut for forced retirement. The new guidelines for lunch is crazy kids can't bring salt and pepper and the school has none and it can't be put on food when cooked. She took some left over ribs in last week and nearly caused a riot
edit on 1-10-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join