It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Clown Posse files lawsuit against FBI

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

ICP and their fans the Juggalos are a crude bunch of folks who truly do not give an F. If you're not familiar with ICP google is your friend but chances are you won't like them once you discover who they are. Me personally I like some of their music but I would never go to any ICP concert and that's because I'm not man enough

In any case, it appears the FBI has listed ICP and their fans as a gang so when ICP got word of this they submitted a FOIA to the FBI inquiring more information but as per usual the Gov't isn't giving up information easily so a lawsuit is on it's way.

I for one fully support ICP. God speed.

Insane Clown Posse files lawsuit against FBI

rt.com...

Insane Clown Posse, a Detroit-based rap act that mixes circus-infused rhythms with rhymes of lore and gore, has sued the FBI for ignoring a Freedom of Information Act request for evidence supporting the agency’s grouping of ICP fans as gang members.

A press release posted by the group on their official website this week acknowledges that an attorney for ICP filed a lawsuit against the FBI on Tuesday, September 25.

Lawyers for the group submitted a FOIA request in August to see copies of any and all documents that back up the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s inclusion of ICP fans — self-described “Juggalos” — on the FBI’s 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment’s report (.pdf). For failing to respond within the federally required timeframe, lawyers for ICP and their label, Psychopathic Records, intend on taking them to court.

The press release posted on InsaneClownPossee.com says that plaintiffs “filed suit against the FBI in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, alleging the FBI’s violation of the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) for its failure to produce any documentary evidence in support of the FBI’s classification of the groups’ fan base, the Juggalos, as a gang” in last year’s report.

They are/were a gang, one of my friend is DEEEEPPP into ICP they both were leading a street gang called "Inner City Posse" and they did prison for various things... the last time they went to jail a rival gang broke into the house of one of their relatives forcing them to flee to another city...

They stated a rap group going by the same name "Inner City Posse" later renamed "Insane Clown Posse" due to a dream one of them had about a clown running in circle and then something about a carnival of horror I don't remember too well I would need to ask my buddy which I know would end up in a 2 hour expose on their lives so please don't ask me more and google LOL...

But yeah they were a gang and started a rap thing with blind followers going by the same slightly modified name they used to use as a gang... so...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

lol, ICP sucks. They aren't a gang though, they just have a legion of cult followers.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
*** attention ***

this is not a discussion about music, discuss the topic

FBI calling them a "gang" and the law suit, thats it.

Any other posts will be removed.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

They are 2 guys...a "bunch" is more than 2. The posse consists of 2 (TW0) rappers..TWO from Detroit...both white.

So youre way off calling 2 white guys still living in the "D" as a "bunch" of anything.

The POSSE of "Juggallos"? Perhaps they...numbering in the 1,000.'s might be called that....But you didnt say that.

They both got little kids in school here in their everyday lives...so get it straight....they arent a bunch of anything...except dads carpooling their kids..

"Juggallos? Maybe. ICP them-2-selves? No way.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Tyler bit them though, seriously... Michigan started it

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Although I note the possible need for moderation in this thread, especially with the back and forth argumentation, ...it's very much about the music, and it's effect on people. That's the whole reason this story came to be. Cause and effect. We can criticize the band left and right, it's not difficult to do, but whatever plan they have, either by the music, lyrics, marketing of publicity, it's working to influence people, and often, influence them more strongly than any other modernish band I can think of, and in droves.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
well i dont trust any fan of icp anyways.
its one of those "vulgar for the sake of vulgar" bands, that attract the uneducated, and the longing to be accepted into just anything for the sake of self esteem.

and from what i understand, the bulk of the fan response when this news first came out, was they were joyous to be labeled a gang. im guessing because it only reinforced the feelings of a close community that these people were drawn to to begin with.

im not a fan of the government tossing around labels like this so easily and pointlessly.
but i am not the least bit shocked in this case. the band and it's fans asked for this...

now to fight it down, is just a publicity stunt for them.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

In fact Juggalos are a family and not a gang no matter what the FBI want people to believe.

I'm sure the Bloods and Crips consider themselves families too.
edit on 9/30/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

So do politicians and fraternities? So does the army...

Really, I think acknowledging these idiots who believe themselves to be part of a "gang" just makes the problem worse. (Referring to people who actually admit/flaunt/advertise they are in a gang or speak about wanting to be in one.)

People form group relationships anywhere and everywhere. I know that negative connotations are given to groups considered gangs for reason, but all that does in my opinion is draw more attention and increase the appeal to people that would join those groups in the first place.

In this case a performance group has stated they are not a gang, but are being labelled as one, along with their fans. In which case, some of their fans probably are involved in shady dealings but it's not to say all should be listed as such if there is no formal membership or initiations. Simply wearing crappy makeup and listening to music is not adequate evidence of gang activity.

On the other hand, the fans who are possibly starting gangs should be looked at individually, especially if they are using a moniker that is the same as normal fans who simply like the music/style of the group.

edit on 30-9-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Uh... for anyone who cares, ICP does have a "gang-like" following. In the south part of town there are several "gangs" of this type. They frequently get into disputes with rivals over god knows what.

I used to know a few people that identified their "gang" as ICP specifically.
edit on 1-10-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
FBI, how do they work?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

So because a handful of Juggalos have committed those crimes it makes them a gang? Seriously?

Going by your logic - if a handful of Justin Bieber fans beat people and commit crime that makes the Beliebers a gang. It doesn't make sense, does it?

Good on ICP for having the balls to do this. I've been a fan of their music for years and they've helped me through some tough times. The people who judge them by their appearance and style without giving their music a go are ignorant.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Funny because even though they do all the stupid # they do, both performers claim to be Christians.

I've always thought of their music/movement as a covert Christian psyop.

But, they did put out some damn good tunes. I'm just put off by some of their hardcore fans.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
They are/were a gang, one of my friend is DEEEEPPP into ICP they both were leading a street gang called "Inner City Posse" and they did prison for various things... the last time they went to jail a rival gang broke into the house of one of their relatives forcing them to flee to another city...

They stated a rap group going by the same name "Inner City Posse" later renamed "Insane Clown Posse" due to a dream one of them had about a clown running in circle and then something about a carnival of horror I don't remember too well I would need to ask my buddy which I know would end up in a 2 hour expose on their lives so please don't ask me more and google LOL...

But yeah they were a gang and started a rap thing with blind followers going by the same slightly modified name they used to use as a gang... so...

thats a nice story and all, any links/sources for any of this? or is this another personal account with no backing at al?

i hate reading posts with no sources or "proof" well call it. if you have nothing to show for it, its read as opinion not fact.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
that's right, they're not a gang, more like a cult. lol

i used to go to see em in Worcester, MA , crazy stuff.. fans are very culty

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

My choices in music has nothing to do with my educational background.
Hey so what if I choose to listen in ICP and go to shows(concerts), not everyone has to grow up listening to Mozart, Dolly Parton, the Temptations, or Enya to be educated.
You never know if your surgeon is all tatted up and goes to crazy metal concerts on his off time or your local bad-a** biker might spend all him time raising money for charity, don't be so quick to judge a group by the actions of a few stupid people.

Now, just because there are a few rotten apples are you really going to throw them all out?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The band is nothing more than a band. They are two or more guys making music with a clever marketing hack. Typically bands who have to disguise their faces do so for a few reasons. One they lack actual developed talent, two they want to be able to walk the streets without fans knowing them, three they want to be able to replace members of the bad without the fans knowing it. All good reasons mind you I am not being criticle its just another way of doing things. A number of bands have done this in the past with KISS bing the big one. So ICP took a method and applied it to Rap. Success good for them.

Their fans on the other hand are another matter. For better or worse the fans of bands can build a reputation. You know going into it that the band has that rep. You cannot act shocked or surprised that the rep rubs off on you. If you listen and follow the Greatfull Dead you will be called and labeled a pot smoking drug addict. Facts can be and usually are far from the image and rep. You have to live with it and if that rep is negative then its incombent upon you to clean up your fan base. When you see them acting stupid or doing something in the name of Juggalos then stop them. The problem is that these fans WANT this reputation. They are doing this kind of stuff to build street cred. The reality is these clowns (yes thats a pun) are really just suburban white kids with no idea what living a hard life is all about. They need to be called a gang to live up to the image that the music has built.
When I was in highschool in the 80's I hung around with some kids that for whatever reason wanted to be thought of as skin heads. They dressed the part and talked the talk. In reality they were just dumb kids looking to be different. Oddly enough it was not minority kids that kicked the crap out of them. We all headed downtown to go see a concert, GWAR if I recall correctly, at any rate there were some real deal Skin Heads at this show for some reason. They saw these kids from the burbs and they were wearing white tee shirts and Oxblood Doc Martins and had their heads shaved. Well they came over and started talking to them and it got bad real quick once they realized these kids were posures. They walked out of the mosh pit with bloody noses and black eyes. All three of those kids grew their hair back out after that show.
I would bet money that the vast majority of these "jugaloos" would soil their floopy shoes the first time they even saw someone point a gun in their direction.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'd say their fans have made the Juggalos into a gang for sure.. Not all of em, I know, but I have heard of at least two Juggalo related killings in my area of Washington alone, one of them in the park down the street. They used hatchets both times (was on the news, ill look into it). There are people reppin Juggalos as a gang man and committing ruthless acts of violence, just sayin'. I have also had a Juggalo friend, and he wasn't violent or gang related, so I know they aren't all psychos.

Nothing against ICP though.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
would it not be funny.
if THIS brings the FED down?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join