It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Clown Posse files lawsuit against FBI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree... When anything is branded negative, more people will want it and a increase in fandom will happen. (parental lyrics labeled cd). Twisted sister has been through this, sales go through the roof

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Nobody in this thread called them sweet or innocent, we've called them quite the opposite. The fact that you are so defensive when we question you accusations is odd. No one here is calling you a liar but it is suspect that for years so called Jugglaos terrorized downtown Reno but yet there are no reports from journalists or police about this. I'll tell what I do know about gangs and when they arrive into a town and begin to set up shop and especially if they are terrorizing the public, the police get involved and it stops. And real gangs get shut down by police when this occurs so how is it a group of Jugglos did this for years? What were the police doing? What were you doing? How come you don't have any pictures or videos of this? Did this all occur in the days before cell phones with built in cameras?

So with that, don't get all upset because we don't buy your story word for word.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This lawsuit is just another reason for icp to have millions. Sorry people, but icp could probably buy-out ATS. They have real eastate in hotels and other house property around areas where they do concerts, buy-outs with faygo.

Sorry, but they are probably multi millionaires, largest clothing line in america, peroid

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

You really think this is a way for them to have millions? Come on man.

And wait a minute, they have the largest clothing line? No they do not, no way no how, sorry that's totally not true.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Amazing how people can just derail the thread by bashing a collective group of people and assume it's "okay" to do so.

You have your free speech and they have theirs. Defamation is a completely different subject matter though..

When everyone who joins and stays on this site(or others like it), is labeled as a gang member or potential violent criminal, you'll be the first to cry wolf. But if it's something you don't agree with, you throw rocks. Humans are truly amazing... I guess every president since Washington was the leader of a gang by the logic of some of these posts..

At least "JUGGALO" has had a positive meaning to those who choose to accept it. To those who don't, it's a sharp object to hurl at those who you deem, "below you." And believe me, as a "Juggalo", I don't think anyone is beneath me...only those who choose to be, rapists, racists, corrupt politicians, etc.. Seriously, the amount of stupidity here is far from surprising.

So much for my "First" post aside from my intro thread MONTHS AGO. I'll go back to lurking from now on...

At least SOME of you give me hope. ....Crazy to think that most of the "Juggalos" I've ever met in my life, have similar thoughts/beliefs as the lot of you here... so that must mean that because you have the same interests, you too, are in a gang...even if you didn't commit any crimes...

-ConstantlyThinking.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Let's be honest about ICP.

It's juvenile minded music targeted at the age group between 13-16. The lyrics are lowbrow, albeit effective in humor/entertainment for the age group target. The "beats" are simple and grove well enough.

The thing is, kids start listening to this group and realize they have become part of a club more or less. Juggalos, juggalettes, ninjas, etc etc, whatever they want to call it, it's a club, a branding that they can associate with. Being a part of something, being a piece of a group, a movement, club...it makes for decent record/merch sales and a loyal fanbase. It's effective.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate these kids. I was that age too, and angst is powerful. While I went off to the metal scene, others gravitated to rap. ICP however, have found this median where the two meet, rap with more gore/dark/horror themes, and a comedic aspect, and it's smart for them.

The problem is, at least I see it as a problem(we have free will, people are who they are and like what they like) that people don't grow out of it. They take the group vastly too seriously, and take this club they are a part of the same way.

Now, I imagine that most would grow out of this phase, this thought process, but some don't. It's not like someone who really likes this or that group/genre, it's like ICP, one group, 2 guys, is a HUGE part of their lives. It literally seems like they are brainwashed. I've actually had conversation with so called jug/ninja's in their 30's+, you get to talking with them, no mention of music, ICP and bam, they just start laying down the ICP gospal out of nowhere, and don't stop.

In my experience, I haven't met a major ICP fan who I could call "intelligent". Every one, again, in my experience, could well be termed a mouthbreather along with juggalo. People who are about as sharp as a bowling ball and easily susceptible to outside influence. Of course you could say the same about alot of people who get way deep into various interests and ideals, such as religion(zing!).

What i'm getting at here is ICP, to what end I don't know, are marketing geniuses. Whatever it is they do, it strikes some people. And when those people find out they can be a part of this group, gang, club whatever you want to call it, they dive in head first, and even though their brain is drowning, they feel content to be part of something.

FBI, right or wrong for targeting this group and these individuals, seem to have a valid reason in my opinion, of course, they could easily choose a few other groups and movements to look at with the same level of validity.

Not ment to offend any fans of the music, or friends of juggalos, it's just that I see this group and it's fans as a little more than out of touch(and really, aren't we all in one way or another?) with reality, and seek their guidance from a couple of buffoons who know how to market themselves quite well.
edit on 30-9-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

i disagree

idolator.com...

10 million + a year

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Disagree all you want you're still wrong.

10 million a year is pretty unbelievable but I aint gonna hate because they are making money but they do not have the largest clothing line in the USA. And that 10 million isn't all just clothes, its everything that they sell.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Its for the same reason bloods and crips violent and criminal acts aren't reported on the news. It's common and happens to much for the news to care.

Sometimes there's cursory coverage of their criminal activity. But it doesn't happen often.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

yeah they do. there fans buy clothing line as a product of rarirty. 5 Jerseys same style different color

ICp new album has 4 or five different versions. Including mix tapes and other extra stuff. they do this so that there fans can buy 4 version types of the album, racking up income for ICP and billboard numbers as well.

The album debuted at #4 on the Billboard 200 chart, selling 41,000 copies in its first week.[20] It is the 3rd album from the group to debut in the top 5 and ties The Amazing Jeckel Brothers and Bang! Pow! Boom! as the highest peak in the group's history.[21]

(wiki)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm in no way a Juggalo, but my almost 18 yo son is, and he's a straight A student who is decades beyond his peers in Science, etc. My brother is 31, is extremely smart, works full time in loss prevention, runs his churches youth group, runs a successful side business doing haunted city tours and a paranormal organization, and he has been a juggalo since they were that original name before ICP. Neither of the two wear the facepaint but they are extremely smart, have warm hearts, never harm others, etc.Heck, my brothers best friend is happily married, helps my brother with the church youth group, just became a police officer in my hometown (a dream of his and one person who would never ever abuse the public - he's in the dying breed of officers FOR the people) and he's a juggalo also..... It may be only a few people, but that right there dispels the 'all juggalos/ICP fans are evil folk' myth. So yes, please don't say all fans of the music or juggalos are low intelligence or 'mouth breathers' or are bad people.

Humanity has to stop tossing the baby out with the dirty bathwater. They have to stop tossing out the entire bushel of good apples for the few rotten ones on the top. Seriously.
edit on 30-9-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Nope, gang activity is too reported in the news. Sometimes it may be harder to identify the gangs because today they are not so openly displaying their colors which identify them and thats because the police are looking for them but their criminal activities still make it to the news even though they aren't identified as gangs. According to your story it was all too easy to identify these terrorist Juggalos so they would be all too easy to identify making it even easier to report their terrorist activities in the news, especially if it happens for years as you say.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

According to that article that 10 million isn't solely on cloths but the ICP name, which includes all of the merchandise. That makes sense to me.

—upwards of $10 million a year. They have the Gathering, of course, as well as tie-in DVDs and action figures and T-shirts and a forthcoming sequel to their 2001 film Big Money Hustlas.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Violent J has a mafia style way of doing business including owning hotels and real estate, not to mention other companies he has made (lawn service, etc) My GF did his taxes back in the day. He loves charity work, tax write offs..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ummmm, if you say so but that has what do with you being wrong about ICP having the largest clothing line in the USA?

And what big business doesn't LOVE tax write offs and charity?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Eminem PISTOL WHIPPED them two guys in a club i have not been a fan. They were shown to be the punks they are. Big talk and nothing to back it up.

No he pistol whipped an associate of ICP..

A few months later, perhaps without considering the consequences, Eminem ran up on an ICP associate with an unloaded gun and pistol whipped the guy known to be John Guerrera who was kissing Kim, the wife of Marshall.

www.eminemworld.com...

It had nothing to do with ICP so how does that make them punks?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well my name says it all...

And as for the Juggalos being a gang that's just a crock...
Oh and to the OP you should really go to a show all I can say is... Epic!

WHOOP WHOOP!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join