It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encrypted post on Blog....Help ATS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So, a friend of mine has started a blog. Its less than a week old.
He had somebody post on his blog, a very interesting post indeed.
He knows that there's more to the post than just words but he can't figure it out.
So he asked me to bring it to the ATS community and see if anybody has an idea on which way to take his investigating.

Anyway, I prolly wont post the blog unless advised that its ok. But, here's the post:

Date: 09/29/2012 By: Root Subject: Win or Lose the choice is yours. We can talk about the truth of the matter. I am Root and Gretzschel you know me from a time past. You have forgotten your training and will be tested via questions I will give you. There is a $1.500.00 prize if you answer them correctly, Lets play a game....

It seems to me that there may be a reference to computers, maybe. Anybody have an idea as to the subject of this message?
edit on 30-9-2012 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Without any clue as to what the questions are, or what the parameters of the game are, how can any of us possibly help you?
edit on 30-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I have just given you all of the information that there is.

That post is all that was given to me (other than the blog) to deduce from.

Im asking if there are any clues in the message itself that Im not catching.

The parameters of the game itself and who it is aren't even know at this point. The message was posted yesterday with no other info given. That is why we are asking for help from ATS.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
reply to post by Rubicant13

I have just given you all of the information that there is.

That post is all that was given to me (other than the blog) to deduce from.

Im asking if there are any clues in the message itself that Im not catching.

The parameters of the game itself and who it is aren't even know at this point. The message was posted yesterday with no other info given. That is why we are asking for help from ATS.

If there are any discernible clues, they make no sense to me at all. Nothing jumps out at me as far as any kind of clues are concerned.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, I dont know if it matters, but the subject matter of the blog itself is of a "manchild" nature. Keeping up with superhero movies and discussing comics and other "manchild" related things.

My friend was recently in the military but can't recall anything that helps him to figure out who this is.

If there are any questions I need to answer to help anyone, just let me know. I'll do what I can.

The message has been replied to. We are currently awaiting a response. If there is anymore posts or anymore information I'll keep you updated.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
is there really nobody, in all of ATS, that can help me?

man and i thought this would be the place to bring something like this

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ever stop to consider that the message is meant for something specific. Not relative to the blogger or the blog post.

I am surprised at the obviousness of the string.

"I am Root and Gretzschel you know me from a time past"

"Root and Gretzschel"

Give it roughly two weeks, the string will have been fully indexed, archived. It is just a tag.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Answer these question please and then read on...
1. What race is your friend?
2. Where's he from?
3. What are some of his personal beliefs?
4. What exact type of media does he write about on his blog?

(The rest of this post will be written like I am speaking directly to your friend. Instead of saying your friend, I will say 'you'.)

Roots is a reference to our roots as humanity I believe. Our values, etc.
Look up Matthias Gretzschel and you'll find:
Matthias Gretzschel (Author of In Martin Luther's Footsteps)
Gretzschel seems to be a German writer.
It's hard to find his work translated, but you can check out a book by him on Google here.

Let's play a game sounds like the 'Saw' series. The Saw series is comprised of a set of games by a serial killer who sets up situations that play on people's personal values. The motivation is that if you don't win, you lose. It is black and white thinking and losing in Saw consists of death.

Perhaps the $1.500.00 reference is made to show you that death is not a concern for you however, the game is the same as Saw.

Biblical Reference:
While doing a sermon, a pastor named his speech/sermon "Win or lose: the choice is yours". He speaks about part of the bible which can be found here (Joshua 24:1-15). It is about choosing your God, or in reality: Choosing your beliefs, who you follow and ridding yourself of evil and exterior entities.

Gretzschel also has ties to chemical testing on cattle; perhaps for unknown reasons?
This can be found here.

Back to money...
The fact that the poster uses the $ sign is very important. In US Dollars the . (period) symbol is nothing like some places in Europe's use of it. We use it to distinguish the end. For example, $15.005 is very different than $15,005.
The former is 15 dollars and a fraction of a cent where as the last is 15 thousand and five dollars.
So with the use of $1.500.00 they are really saying about ONE dollar and 50 CENTS for answering correctly. They will not give you money, but they may include this to further emphasize the fact that this journey they hope to bring you on is not for money, power, etc, but for:
-Knowledge
-Growth
-Integrity
-Improving your values

Anyways, I hope this helps

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Is that $1.500 Ugandan dollars? They will no doubt ask for your bank account and sort code numbers so they can pay you from a long lost relative.......

Seriously though, can you link us to the blog?

EDIT: Every type of search I am doing is leading back to this thread on ATS.
edit on 30/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's comment spam.
Likely the posters name has a website associated with it. The words are meaningless, they're just written in a way to attempt to trick mods. I get these often on my blog comments and most poorly configured and under-moderated forums get these too.
It's spam and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RottenBeauty

I wouldn't just throw away the possibility of someone speaking in code to send a message that quickly...You haven't seen the blog at all plus the OP is asking for help with an encrypted post, not all the ways it could be pointless to decrypt.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
An email will be sent shortly asking for name, addr, bank account, ssn. Reply with that information and you will be paid much money. Welcome to the internet.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
most people will say your being trolled and you should grow some brain cell's and forget about it.

but i think it sounds legit, you bag yourself that $1.5mill, you deserve it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Gretzschel is my friends last name. The poster is referring to him.

Its the name the poster uses and the reference to some sort of "training" that has us intrigued.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

And Im pretty sure I would need the mods permission to post the blog site....

Im not sure though, can a mod please clarify...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
$1.500.00 is not millions at all. 1.5mil would be:
$1.500.00

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

If it is just a blog, then there shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

well ill post it...but if the mods want it removed, they wont get any argument from me....

themanchildcorner.webnode.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

What did you trained for?

join