It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else experiences Extreme Rage during Sleep Paralysis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I always get chills down my spine when I talk about sleep paralysis experiences but here goes... Brrrrrr...

I know science claims to understand the mechanism of sleep paralysis, but the one thing that science doesn't explain is why are the feelings associated with sleep paralysis so extremely negative?

When I experience sleep paralysis, the feelings are of extreme rage or extreme terror.

Even when I'm having a nice dream and awake, during the SP experience it instantly turns to outright horror or rage.

As an example, there was one time where I awoke, couldn't move but could see a figure at the end of the bed, it wasn't looking at me but I was overwhelmed by anger. I'm not talking standard anger, it was almost as though it was not part of me, I can't begin to explain this rage, had I been able to move I would have tried to rip this thing to pieces, the feeling was completely irrational, nothing would have stopped me.

How does science explain this? It was almost as though some part of me knew this thing that was near me during SP was evil and I had to do everything in my power to get rid of it.

The above experience came after a few times of me experiencing SP, it rarely happens now.

One of the last times it happened I was dreaming there was a gap in my bed, I rolled down into it and when I awoke, 'something' was instantly there biting at my neck and making heavy hissing noises. As soon as the anger in me rose, I regained movement and woke up.

This anger or rage has been my way of dealing with SP, and as soon as I feel it coming, whatever presence is there goes away.

Surely if this was entirely explained by science, then whatever chemical it is that keeps us from moving during SP would last a similar amount of time each time? During my first ever SP episode, it lasted for about a minute. I was terrified. If it happens now I fall into this rage and regain movement almost instantly.

Anyone else share this experience of extreme rage, how can it be explained?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
it's adrenaline trying to wake you up.

you realize you are paralyzed and sometimes instead of continuing on to sleep you go into fight or flight mode which kicks your adrenaline into overdrive.
edit on 30-9-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

have you ever let your spirituality get checked ?

edit on 30-9-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

For me I havn't had the anger part ever that I can remember. I don't think it's a chemical thing. I have had this last 30 minutes before, which is just ridiculous that it could be 30 minutes if it was a chemical.

I think it's more like an out of synch frequency between light body to everyday body.

I link it to negative entities of some kind (not common). Sometimes I'll wake up and be paralyzed and be sitting up, falling forward off the bed, till my head hits, and I warp back up, and start falling again. This can happen for about 3 minutes or so, for me to only warp back to my physical body and it turns out I'm just laying there now.

Sometimes Sleep paralysis doesn't involve entities at all. just a non synched being. Other times it's something like a demon keeping my frequencies apart with energy explosions so I cannot re-connect.

Havn't had an episode for about a year maybe 2 years? Around that long. I think it's because I actually asked Jesus for help the last few times.
edit on 9/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That is not rage you feel. That is the natural will to fight, destroy and survive a threat. Fearlessly. Like the individual stated above the 'fight or flight'. If you cannot flee the threat you have no other recourse of action other than fight, without the fear of death.

It is not rage.

In any event. I have stated it several times in response to this subject on this forum. Fight it every time and never allow the hands to touch you. Do not succumb.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

For me it starts out as recognition of the paralysis. then it switches to an all out terror since I am helpless to physically protect myself. In every situation I am confronted by some being and my inability to move really freaks me out.

Then comes the rage. I basically lose my S and start screaming in my head that the visitor has no right to be there and that I demand they leave. The second they are gone I wake up and the rage is gone

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I started experiencing SP in early adolescence and have had it sporadically ever since.

In the early days it sometimes felt as if I was at risk and those ones scared me. Later on, it sometimes felt like something predatory and profoundly life-threatening was trying to get me. It made me angry for messing about with my sleep and aggressive out of a perceived sense of extreme danger.

Since the mid-teens, when the SP feels threatening, I react with a murderous rage that has me trying to attack the 'presence.' I want to rip it apart and show that I'm not going to back off or run away. When the anger reaches a peak, whatever is happening comes to a stop and I awake. Several times, I find my temperature has been off the hook and the bed is soaked with sweat...literally running off my chest.

Despite having read the academic studies and also recognising what causes it, it leaves a bad feeling that can linger for days.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think the extreme rage comes from the fact that during the sleep period and or dream we have gone to a place closer to the Creator where we wish to always stay. But alas we are told that we must go back to this three dimensional incarnation upon Gulag Planet and that pisses us off! To think we were in angelic realms and had to return to this...war, violence, avarice and complete and utter collossal stupidity! I am pissed off every morning that I wake up!! So here I go, slogging one foot in front of the other with a disingenuous smile upon my increasingly wrinkled face. Remember to always be positive!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Strange you make this thread, i have had sleep paralysis once (or at least i can only remember it once) and i was exactly the same. I can remember waking up and feeling like something pinning me down, i couldn't see anything by me but i can remember somehow knowing something was there and i was really pissed off, i remember trying to shout "get the # away" but couldn't. so i was thinking that as soon as i am free i am going to kick the # out of whatever was there, but i just fell back asleep and forgot about it until later the next day.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've only experienced sleep paralysis a few times in my life but I was plagued by a condition called Night terrors for years. It would always begin with a feeling of being threatened in a dream and me waking up, usually in a barely controlled rage. Luckily, I have never harmed anyone.

What you seem to be describing may be night terrors. There are a number of factors that this condition shares with sleep paralysis; the "entities" that visit you, either causing terror or rage, in some cases felling paralyzed but being able to "burn through" it with the rage. I've had an experience with an entity that I've come to call the "hat man" whom I've seen during these episodes. I saw him behind my wife as she got up one night. I leaped from our bed and charged the figure, screaming at the top of my lungs. I ran right through the figure, feeling like I had plunged into a pond in winter (it was summer by the way) and I couldn't get warm for what seemed like days afterward.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Interesting accounts everybody, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Glad I'm not alone in experiencing the felling of rage when it happens.

I remember one occasion where I was awake and was screaming as loud as I could for the entity to fight me, when I woke up the next day I was convinced I must have woke peope up but apparently I hadn't shouted out loud, even though I was certain I was awake

Thankfully, my SP is quite rare now, if I avoid sleeping on my back it doesn't happen. Every now and then I'll roll over in my sleep but as soon as it happens I get the mindset and wake up straight away- for that split second whilst it lasts, objects in the room can appear as figures or faces.

It's creepy!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This happened to me quite often actually,while i was sleeping having this overwhelming feeling and yet being very aware of what was lying right beside me,strange that it never occurred again after the end of our marriage..

edit on 2-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

do you snore ?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I recognize what you are talking about alot. I've dealt with daily sleep paralysis for more than 8 years now, although it's been occurring less and less since sometime around newyears 2012. When I awoke in a SP(sleep paralysis) state I would almost always feel an dark/evil presence over my left shoulder. It would sometimes lean over me and had the shape of a solid dense shadow figure. Along with this presence i usually heard screams, talking, laughter and music. And then there was also this rage you speek of, I remember shouting and cussing loud at this shadowy figure, so loud that the people I live with usually came into my room wondering what was going on. Since I was still in a somewhat dreamy state the rage could sometimes be directed at my family coming in. I was told that I used to say the most awful things to them when they tried to speek to me while i was in SP. I could go on with many more details, let me know if you want me to,
Cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The very first time I has sleep paralysis, it scared the crap out of me. But, then I researched it, and although I've had it since, it has never bothered me because I am fully aware of what is happening, and that I will wake up from it. All that is required is a simple bit of education and that will dispose of all of the superstition that makes you fearful of it.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
@above: I feel the same way... I found out about it, actually thru a movie that called it old hag syndrom I thought it sounded just like what I was experiencing. So I checked it out on internet and I was blown away by all the info, I stayed up all night reading about it, it made me feel so relieved that I wasn't the only one! So reading about it defently took the paranormal aspect away from me, but I still wonder why I get so angry and use cuss words I'd never dare to say in a normal state.

top topics

join