It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian economy on verge of collapse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

More from Your Link

While conceding that "over 60%" of the respondents favoured the suspension of uranium enrichment, the analysis added that the survey "by no means can reflect the views of all or even the majority of the revolutionary people of Iran".
And This

Pro-government news organisations attacked the credibility of the poll, and some of them blamed foreigners for interfering in its results. Online polls do not necessarily accurately reflect the views of the majority of society.
You avoided my question in my Previous post BTW, by presenting your poll.
Thats ok, its an online site, your not committed to answer.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Dear Tw0Sides,

I'm very sorry, I thought I had.

What if, the Iranian People Believe their Gov has no interest in the Pursuit of Nuclear Bombs, and the Worlds Animosity is unfounded.

Is it impossible to think that they would tell their government to prove to the world that their country is innocent, thus ending the animosity?
I admit my language might have been confusing, or, perhaps you're thinking of some other question?

Maybe I should have said:"In that case, the people could go to the government saying 'we know you're innocent, prove it to the world so we can get on with our lives.'"
edit on 1-10-2012 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
What if Iranians say, "If only those idiotic leaders of ours would give up on this nuclear bomb idea, we could get the world to stop messing with us. Heck, they'd probably even give us money. I know, let's throw out those crazy old madmen and tell the world we don't want trouble."

Seems like a good outcome. Besides shipping Windex to the area to prepare for cleaning up the remains of the country, what suggestion have you got for keeping the bomb out of crazy people's hands?

That's what you're hoping for, but if the sanctions squeeze them too much, they may decide to side with the mullahs. It's a fine line.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Dear jerico65,

I absolutely agree with you. It is a fine line, a tightrope, if you will. But, man, I wish I had another suggestion. Let the people rise up on their own like they did in 2009? That, for me, was one of the sorriest moments of American foreign policy. We refused to help them. We've helped the rebels in Libya and Egypt, but not Iran.

Why should the Iranians rise up when they have no reason to believe Obama will help them this time, either.

I pray for a solution, but I don't see much.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. Maybe vote in Romney and hope he'll support the Iranian people?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by LostPassword

You are wrong about Iranian National Pride in the form of Nuclear Programs. The VAST MAJORITY of Iranian's are interested in one thing....Getting RID OF THEIR CURRENT RELIGIOUS REGIME!

That's BS, when Israeli Mossad killed bunch of scientists in Iran, their universities
received a flood of applications for nuclear physics

That my friend is patriotism and PRIDE.

edit on 2-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword
That's BS, when Israeli Mossad killed bunch of scientists in Iran, their universities

Of course, there is no evidence that Mossad was involved, except confessions extracted by the Iranian politically motivated and controlled justice system.

To OP. The collapse of the Iranian economy offers the prospect that it would be in Iran’s interests to have a diversionary war. Everyone on these Boards seems obsessed with false flags, so why not a false flag originating from Iran that suckers the West into a conflict, thus indirectly confirming the belief that the West want to attack Iran! Iranian planners must be having a field day with these ideas.

Regards

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword

Of course, there is no evidence that Mossad was involved, except confessions extracted by the Iranian politically motivated and controlled justice system.

To OP. The collapse of the Iranian economy offers the prospect that it would be in Iran’s interests to have a diversionary war. Everyone on these Boards seems obsessed with false flags, so why not a false flag originating from Iran that suckers the West into a conflict, thus indirectly confirming the belief that the West want to attack Iran! Iranian planners must be having a field day with these ideas.

Regards

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
this reminds me of something that happened not so long ago, what was it, hmmm

and then germany was played as the aggressor simply because germany had NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO ACT!

Germany was 'played as the aggeressor'????????????????????? Are you actually living in the same timeline as the rest of us? Hitler wasn't that nice a guy you know, I hope you get to that bit in history classes at some point.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Israeli Mossad was very much involved in killing the Iranian scientists but there was a reason behind it. These small steps were to avoid major war. Very similar to sanctions on economic level.

Iranian leaders are so foolish as to take a economic hit of $50B and still persist with nuke programs and invite a major attack. Seems they do not care about the basic well being of the Iranian people. Fanatics!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Sanctions or war, I'll take the sanctions.

There is no justification for either -- unless you've swallowed the propaganda koolaid. In fact, these sanctions are an act of war.

edit on 1-10-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

Koolaid? Sanctions are not an act of war, they are effectively one entity saying they do not wish to trade with another entity - when did that become an act of war?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There were some whom were accused of celebrating, real or imagination, on the success of the collapsing of the Iranian economy.

There is NOTHING to celebrate at this stage.

The only ones who are suffering are our fellow human brothers and sisters in Iran. Most of them DO NOT understand what is happening to them with this man-made event into their daily lives.

AND worse, the narrative is now HIJACKED by the persian authorities to put blame upon the West, the way Bagdad Bob does with half truths, lies and more propaganda.

The whole purpose of the sanctions is to get the Persian apostate leader to end his nuke weaponization attempts through every diplomatic means short of outright war.

The innocent iranian masses were never the targets of the sanctions. It was the persian authorities that were the targets. Unfortunately, to get the persian authorities, sanctions will have to go through the masses.

EVERY nation's leader is responsible for the welfare of his citizens. We mankind share our world, and national leaders do have a responsibility not only to their own citizens, but to the rest of mankind as well. What one leader does will ultimately affect all, as we humanity are interconnected in more ways than one.

And humanity's concern right now is unchecked nuke stations as well as the evidences of nuke enrichment by Iran beyond peaceful uses. Looking at the religious angle, it brooks even further concerns with a nuke power might minority Islamic sect.

Those concerns are real. If it is clear that the Persian apostate is pursing nuke armament. it would mean the suffering of a large significant portion of mankind, whom will have to grovel before the apostate as they did to N.Korean little kim in the past.

So why must majority of mankind suffer?

Thus, that pain felt by us all must be made known to our fellow human brothers and sisters in Iran.

Many of them are not stupid, and know of the persian apostate's repression, but apathy and greed often gets in the way of necessary action, common to ALL humans. As long they don't feel the pain, they will be contented to remain apathetic.

Now they know the pain, with the economy down and afftecting them all. Questions will be asked 'WHY'? Only the truth will set them free. We mankind share our world. The leaders are responsible for the welfare of the nation. Today, the persian apostate had only shown to the citizens how insignificant they truly are, by not caring about them, but cares only for his own deluded dreams.

There is free will for all. Be apathetic, and support those whom cares not about the common masses, or take charge, to do what is necessary, to seek for truths and realities instead of bagdad lies, and hold the representatives of the nation FULLY ACCOUNTABLE.

If the State Department fails to get this message through, then you the reader and me will have to get it out to our fellow human brothers and sisters in Iran, with whatever social media we can, including even cellphones - word by mouths, uncensorable and unstoppable, the best way.....
edit on 2-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Looks like the economy is finally collapsing...

I feel sorry for the people... the Iranian government doesn't give a # what happens to the poor...

liveco.livejournal.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As it is been said many times before,the problem with Iran is not about their nuclear ambitions or the human rights at all.It is solely because Israel and the west can not tolerate an independent powerful Islamic state in the region.It goes against their existence and all their values....And of course oil and the central banks have always been very tempting for the west. Iraq Afghanistan Libya Tunisia Egypt anybody?... It is so naive to assume west's involvements in the ME is purely because of lack of democracy,human rights issues,the fear of terrorism or any other childish reasons rather than the above.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like the sanctions are winning out.

The rial’s death spiral is wiping out the currency’s purchasing power. In consequence, Iran is now experiencing a devastating increase in prices – hyperinflation.

Hyper-inflation is now in Iran

Iranian police clash with protesters over currency plunge, October 3rd

Iran currency is doomed
edit on 4/10/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm afraid Zionists might control the world economy and be able to crumble different country's economies at will. They don't even need sanctions. They just move their money around. This crumble came just as the Iranian leader told the truth to the world on TV. The Zionists don't want the truth to be heard. This is all theory, as I don't really know these Zionists or the Iranians.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LostPassword

YA! Iranian's LOVE the REGIME! That's why all those students were protesting and the Iranian Para-Military were beating Students to DEATH! You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

That's why all those students were protesting and the Iranian Para-Military were beating Students to DEATH! You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. Split Infinity

Where i have that narrative from Again? thats right students were protesting in Sryia against Assad and they all want nothing more then Jobs and Democracy.

Whats happening to the Iranian economy is not because whose running the country but rather its because of the sanctions.

Sanctions do have a huge effect why just ask the Balkan countries.

I found it laughable how Hillary Clinton defended the sanctions and blamed Ahmadinejad for the country's problems yes hillary its always someone else fault right?

edit on 6-10-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

All Iran has to do to get Sanctions lifted is to follow through with the Treaty...the NPT...which IRAN AGREED TO AS WELL AS SIGNED IT KNOWING FULL WELL THAT IF IRAN VIOLATED THE NPT AGREEMENTS IT WOULD HAVE SANCTIONS PLACED UPON THE COUNTRY AS WELL AS POSSIBLE MILITARY ACTION!

All of this is Iran's doing. If it were to just allow in Nuclear Inspectors...that action alone would show some good faith...but Iran wants a NUKE...plain and simple! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

The reason they're going after nuclear technology and (possibly but not likely) the bomb is because they know it will be good for their country. If they do get the bomb, they also know that the USA and other adversaries will be singing a different tune.

You would have to be blind not to see this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join