It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN HACKING GLOBAL BANKS & U.S. Infrastructure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There should be a question mark on the end of that headline. That is the title of this video,
however, as the video points out, "why would Iran, who wants to avoid a war, do something
provacative?". Iran has not attacked a country in over 200 years.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Well, whether Iran is or isn't hacking the US & abroad it's clear someone is hacking them, so much so Iran wants to make their own Internet. If we go to war over hacking accusations then the USA/Israel become the pot calling the kettle black & we may as well go to war with China & ourselves.

War is stupid & so is every single politician. Don't listen to them.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Iran's also coming into my house at nite and stealing my panties...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Gonna use a few quotes to make my post, first is from Return Of The Dragon.

"Who know Karate better than Japanese"

Second quote is mine.

"Who know Hacking better than Israel"

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

That was a false flag operation...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Cut off from the internet but still managed to hack banks.
Wow, you'll be glad they just stole your panties.

I met Iran the other day, he selling me some used panties, said NO.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's interesting that this video actually provides a great answer for the question in the OP-- a false flag attack. If Iran wants to get the US off its back, it could try a cyber attack and leave breadcrumbs to a more powerful nation that the US actually has cause to worry about right now, like, say, China. I don't think this is the case (I think the NSA is too sophisticated to be duped by Iran), but I find it interesting that no one has pointed out the possibility of Iran initiating a false flag attack when it seems to be the only thing the US and Israel do, judging by some of the threads here.

Regarding the video specifically, I don't see why Israel would want war with Iran-- they allegedly just want to put a crimp in their nuclear technology. They don't need the US' help or approval to bomb nuclear reactors back to the stone age, as Operation Orchard and Operation Opera prove. Yes, there's a small risk of war if they act alone, and Iran's military isn't that far below Israel's so it could be a dangerous fight, but this risk is mitigated by the fact that the US will step in if things get too dangerous. It's also mitigated by the fact that Israel has nukes, so pretty much the only thing Iran can do is yell loudly about the injustice of such an attack and restart their nuclear program (like Iraq in the mid 80s, although they then, of course, abandoned the program in the 90s).

I'm out of my depth with regards to economics, but I don't see how Greek and Spanish credit default swaps would collapse the financial system. I think Wall Street could cover the

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
dont get me wrong I totally believe Iran is inocent in all this(mostly), i have seen the evidence from both sides and have made my mind up.

......BUT

this thing of saying Iran hasn't attacked a country in "(insert how many years)" is bull, it has nothing to support Iran will not attact in the future, how does saying a country has not attacked anyone in so many years have anything to do with weather they will attack anyone or not? it doesn't. it has no credability behind it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That was awesome my beautiful sister!!!
You ROCK!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Well, whether Iran is or isn't hacking the US & abroad it's clear someone is hacking them, so much so Iran wants to make their own Internet. If we go to war over hacking accusations then the USA/Israel become the pot calling the kettle black & we may as well go to war with China & ourselves.

War is stupid & so is every single politician. Don't listen to them.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Yes war is stupid and polititians are corporate whores. F$$k these war mongering clowns, corporate, morally backrupt, bloodthirsty psycho's. I'm for some peace, love and sista and brotha HOOD! Yeh sista hood especially...give the ladies nothing but LOVE.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My internet went down for over a 2 hour today, it must be those dam iranians

If anyone hacking the west, it be china, but blaming china is not in the wests intrest.

It becoming standard practice to blame iran for everything and anything at the moment, were all constantly bombarded with storys of "Dr Evil Iran " and how they want to eat our children

Iran are not the ones being actively aggressive, america israel and NATO are.

The west has surrounded them by extreme force, there are enough nukes aimed at iran to turn it into dust for the next 1000 years with megalomaniac mouth foaming psychopaths controlling the button, iran don't even have nuclear weapons unlike israel with there nukes aimed at our major western citys, and even if Iran did, can you blame them, the thing i find ironic is americans scream to the hills about the right to bare arms, but refuse to give iran the sames rights why demanding they submit to our democracy.

Think about it, what would you do, lets say if a gang of hells angels or mafia men, who you know have no problem using extreme force, started threating your home, and keep telling you that they are going to burn you down unless you submit to them, and you know they mean it, as they have burn down and killed all those around you IE:neighbouring countrys, of course you are going to want to find some means of defending yourself.

What has Iran actually done to the west nothing not a dam thing in over 2000 years, israel turn up 70 years ago, steal land and rebuild the berlin wall, and spend a fortune insulting there faith and prophet, but if you disrepect jewish faith or deny the holocaust, you are condemned and imprisoned, it really is double standards.

Let me make it clear, i'm not pro iran or pro israel, i have no stake in the matter, and nor do the british and americans, i'm just pointing out the absolute madness of it all.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be ironic if it was iran that was the culprit in the huge hacking rip off of millions of bucks a short while back?
The US and Isreal, by attacking Iran with cyber weapons, have inadvertently left themselves in a not good predicament.
If it is iran who ripped the many millions of dollars they lost recently...well...who would blame them for getting a little of the money back they lost from flame,suxtnet and friends.
I am sure replacing their control systems etc was not cheap.
For now, we have to wait and see, the goverment may not have told the whole story..............

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

It is more credible than the US having a history of invading. While it is true the past does not predict the future, it does act as a way of understanding the present. Even if Iran does attack say Israel, so one nation was invaded in 100 years, point being the US is still far ahead. And if you completely ignore history, well then what reason do you have of worrying about Iran or anyone if everything is a clean slate everytime? Just a rhetorical question, as I assume you do understand the importance of a historical record.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Fascinating! Thanks orbitbaby for posting this OP, and especially techwolf for the Businessweek link and TheMaverick both for interesting responses!

Although I found the video a bit pretentious, the theory that it expounds - that Israel may use a "hacking attack" to collapse the US (or European?) banking system, as a false flag pointed to Iran, is a very interesting theory.

However, this isn't (just) about Israel, and Iran. Or China and the US. This is about the new world we live in... and that MANY nations are actively engaging in CYBERWARFARE. How many of us could identify the difference between cyber-terrorism, and cyber-warfare? In the case of our very vulnerable Electronic Banking system being targeted, would it make a difference if it were done by Anonymous (and thus labeled terrorism) or by "Izz ad-Din al-Qassam" (and thus labeled as a state-sponsored act of war)?

Also -- Cyberwarfare is tricky, because it's not just about taking down the other sides' infrastructure, such as electricity or whatnot, but rather it has synergistic and compound effects which would affect many areas -- in this case, using Cyberwarfare to cause an economic meltdown, or cyberwarfare as a false flag, opens the door for wider repercussions (military war and new political issues).

We already live in a new world, which is at war, constantly, leveraging every advantage they can to get the upper hand... heck, even China is putting malware / keyloggers embedded in the chips they are shipping to us (to U.S.), preparing for the next iteration of this stuff.

..... Can't we all just get along?!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

They know not what a potentially dangerous situation that could become.

Silly buggars.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
as i had suspected, iran has been developing flying saucers with invinisble camouflage technology which now is being used to scrabble signal and hack into banks.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I guarantee they are going to use this as false flag to attack iran .

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yes Yes it was Iran .. i had nothing to do with those panties i swear !

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I bet they have enjoyed the breath taking collection of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowzeroq
I guarantee they are going to use this as false flag to attack iran .

It's not to attack Iran, it's to pass laws for internet "security". They'll use the new laws to monitor everything that everyone does online, under the guise of trying to find a select few people that MIGHT pose a threat, out of hundreds of millions, and store it all in a central database. There's threads here pertaining to a MASSIVE underground tech storage facility, set to go operational sometime next summer, run by the NSA. It's all building up to it. By the time next summer rolls around, we'll have laws preventing us from using google unless we're searching authorized terms. These laws will be written in ways that don't address the root of the problem, instead they install a mosquito net on the end of the connection and filter out what they don't want you to see. We won't see a true end to the prevalence of "hacking" until quantum computing becomes a household reality, and that term itself is a truly scary notion left for another thread.

Meanwhile, the software and hardware loopholes that are "allowing" these hacks will go unattended, and nothing will change except the amount of privacy we have. Sit down and have a chat with anyone "tech minded" enough to understand the industry beyond what the media tells you, and you'll quickly learn that "hackers" cannot be beat. It's an endless cycle of patch and hack, inherit to the fact that programming anomalies cannot be eradicated. The universe is inherently non-perfect, and that trait trickles down to everything in existence, all the way to the quantum level. Thus, programming, after compiled into 0's and 1's, will always beat non-perfect as well, and no amount of security law will change that.

The governments of the world need to face up to the fact that hackers cannot be beat. The moment that they start listening to us, instead of trying to dictate what we listen to, that will be the time of peace.

Want to know how to fix the "problem" of government computers being "hacked" ? You make every single computer involved offline. They only can network with each other, and that's freakin it. No outside access, whatsoever. Then, if someone with the brass to hack you decides to do it, they'll have to do it internally, instead of being able to bounce through 7 proxies from mom's basement with a linux box.
edit on 3-10-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join