It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a mistake or a deliberate attempt to stir up unrest in the community?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I noticed today that there has been a news article (which has been picked up by other alt news websites) and is reported as if it just happened, however the actual incident is from 2000. Why would a news site post something that old as if it is new? Was news that slow they are having to post old news? Were they doing it as a commemoration type thing on the anniversary of the victims death? If so it is not written like that. Or are they trying to stir up hatred against the police and churn up unrest or trying to start some sort of riot, especially as they made the point of statign the victim was black and the officers were white and that it would add strain on the relations with the black community. What do you all think?

abc News

Story from 2000

othe r sites
google search

EDIT: having tried several attempts to make the last link have 'Other Sites' as the text to click on, for some reason it is not showing that and is putting up the whole string as the link. I think it still works as a link though, just doesn't looks so neat

edit on 30-9-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: see explanation in EDIT.

edit on Sun Sep 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Wow, this is weird. What is going on here? Could there possibly be two John Adams killed in the same way in the same city? Seriously doubt it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah I know. No way could there be two guys of that age killed in the same manner in the same town 12 years (almost to the month) apart.
This is why I was wondering if perhaps it was a deliberate attempt to stir up unrest.

I think there should be laws against reporting old news as if it is new, as it is really mis-representation. Now if they have done this, what else have they cooked up that has not been spotted as being not new?
edit on 30-9-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: added second paragraph

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One source says he was 61yrs. old and the other says 64.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don;t see a date on the ABC version.
Am I missing that?!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
no I don't see a date on it either, however I suspect it was written in 2000, but has somehow re-surfaced and looks like new news. Looking at the google search, a lot of other websites have taken it as being new.

Have had a look at the 'source' info and in the raw HTML it does state that it was posted in 2000. So, the question is, how and why has it re-surfaced and being taken as 'new'?
edit on 30-9-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: added new info.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm more interested in the related news section - have nothing to do with the story