It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death, why worry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is just a thread to discuss your thoughts on death. Not afterlife. Not Religion. Not what happens next..

Are you scared of it? Why?

We all are going to experience it.. are you afraid of leaving behind the ones you love? Or losing them? Is there any point to trying to find the answers? I don't really want to know what to expect, I would rather wait and see.. What about you?

Personally I'm not scared of it. I am just focused on living and enjoying life. I suffer from the occasional panic attack, and they scare me because no, I don't want to die yet. I'm still to experience so much more in life and would love to accomplish many things. But when my time comes it comes.. Acceptance, I suppose, is going to be the toughest part for me, especially if I'm doing something great with my life and want to keep at it a bit longer..

I want to see how other people feel about it. I'd like a bit more of an understanding as to what actually makes people afraid of it.. Guessing the main reason will be not knowing what will happen!

But please, share your thoughts/experiences!..

VS

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Necromonger rules: "you keep what you kill." Chronicles of Riddick

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
Necromonger rules: "you keep what you kill." Chronicles of Riddick

I do love that film.. Haha

VS

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It really comes down to the fear of the unknown. I think some people also are afraid of the pain of dying. I think we all fear death to some degree. I've become less fearful because I truly believe we don't die and our spirit lives on.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Sometimes when I'm stressed out the thought of death relaxes me, it makes me think, why worry so much? soon you will be gone anyway and than you can rest for eternity and millions and billions of years wll pass by, without you knowing a single thing

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's not the death, its the dying part that scares me. I also worry about when I'm gone that some of my family members might fall apart, but there's not much I will be able to do about that. I wonder about assisted suicide, as I don't really know if it's good for anyone involved to see me waste away. I don't know, it is something I have thought about for sure.
edit on 30-9-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join