It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASONICHIP- Masonic Child Identification Program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I came across this website and found it harmless at first glance. The more I read it the more red flags surfaced in my mind.

www.mochip.org...

Mochip is a mason ran program in Missouri that has a child identification program used in case a child is taken or is missing you can identify the child quickly. Sounds good. That is any parents worst nightmare.

The more I read the website, things like this stuck out to me..

"MASONICHIP it's not what we do its who we do it for"

Now prior to me joining ATS this would not have sent up any red flags for me, but, you guys have all made me think of things differently.

I want to clarify....this is not an implanted CHIP. It is merely photos, fingerprints etc of your child you can keep in case your kid comes up missing. THey state they do not house any info from the events.

So, my question is...who do they do it for? The angel on my shoulder says the kids. The devil on my other shoulder says...the Powers that be. But why?

Is this really just a great community program or is it something else? What are your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I personally have not participated in this program, but from what has been explained to me about it.
Is that the Masons provide the package and show the parents how to use it.
It is the parents that have and can use the children's information, not the Masons.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

So this truly is a good thing? I thought so at first, but, like I said, there were things that really bothered me. Like the title. CHIP? It infers microchip. Lord I am starting to sound like a true ATS'er, but, it makes me wonder if this is just to get us regular folks used to the term before they start implanting chips in our children like we do our pets.

That is really the first thing that popped in my head. It is early here, so maybe I haven't had enough coffee.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It's a voluntary program where a parent can have a group of information to present the authorities should their child ever go missing. Nobody wants to think about that happening, but I know when I was a young parent, I took the kids to all types of ID programs as they were free and meant to help in the event of a terrible event. If you don't plan for the worst, you are doing yourself and family a great dis-service. (IMHO)

The masons are just trying to provide a free service to any and all who would like to have it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
The angel on my shoulder says the kids. The devil on my other shoulder says...the Powers that be. But why?

Because you are irrational about Freemasons. There is nothing bad here, but the Masons are involved, so you assume there must be an ulterior motive. You don't know what that motive is, and there is no evidence for an ulterior motive, but you're sure it exists.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

You are partially correct. I assume there is an ulterior motive, and I have no idea why. But, in my defense, I asked for opinions so I can gather all of the necessary information to make an intelligent decision on my own.

I am fairly new to ATS (been here a year but dont post much). I am learning a lot, and trying to figure out how to internally decided conspiracy or not.

I agree it looks like a sound program. However, with the term "chip" in the title it makes me wary. I have participated in a similar program for my child on a military base when she was small. I never thought anything of it. But, now, with our world the way it is, nothing is as it seems.

If this is truly a way to get info out fast in the event a child becomes missing I applaud the masons.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Already covered in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods: please close this thread.
edit on 30-9-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

For years (8) here on ATS I read the defamatory comments about the Freemasons,
2 1/2 years ago I became one.
Now I know for sure that there is no devil crap, no blood, we aren't trying to take over the world, or what ever else that gets posted here about us.

Honest

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I searched prior to posting...those were in 2006...guess I didnt look back far enough. Thank you! Sorry for wasting your time. THIS is why I NEVER post.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Do continue to post, but take a minute to use ATS search function to find relevant threads first. Perhaps your question is answered there, if not then post your question on the older thread. This also bumps it to the top so people can answer you. Don't be discouraged.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Your reply was so much kinder than "mods remove this post" that I got earlier. Thank you! I am fairly new here so I could use all the help I can get. Thank yoU!!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

There's always one' mods remove this thread'.
You have been ambushed by the mason squad,just check their avatars.The lady does protest too much!
Their explainations sound like the standard ' its for your own good' line.
You are right to be suspicious of their oh so righteous charity work.Nothing the matter with questioning everything.
I find it very telling that they were so quick to shut you up.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Mason squad? LOL
No one is trying to silence the question, only to try to avoid a lot of duplicate threads.
PS I am also a Freemason
edit on 30-9-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

S&F!

It looks like one of the last threads about the subject was posted a few years ago. Thank you for posting it again! There are new members who've not see it (I missed it the first time) - and honestly? We need to be constantly reminded the dangers facing parents - and I'm not talking about losing a child to an abductor - but to the State.

Welcome to ATS and thank you again for your thread!

Oh, and well, don't worry. That person who told a Mod to close your thread? They must have forgotten they can do it privately using the report system. *wink*

PEACE and Welcome again to ATS

edit on 30-9-2012 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As I understand the program, ALL of this information is in the possession of ONLY the parents of the child.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thank you! I am fairly new here so I could use all the help I can get. Thank yoU!!

I particpated in one of these programs in my home state. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Well...since you offered...

Why are masons so secretive? I mean that alone causes us normal folk to be suspicious when you try to do something nice. It is also the reason masons have their own forum in ATS. Maybe if whatever it is you do was made public, the public would shut up and go on. You realize that the masses are terrified of the unknown, right?

My second burning question...what does that symbol stand for?

What exactly do you do in those meetings you have?? Why are there no women allowed? man I could do this all day..lol

I am seriously curious...and appreciate your willingness to squelch my curiosity.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why are masons so secretive? I mean that alone causes us normal folk to be suspicious when you try to do something nice. It is also the reason masons have their own forum in ATS. Maybe if whatever it is you do was made public, the public would shut up and go on. You realize that the masses are terrified of the unknown, right?

Most of what you asked is not really relevant to your Original Post but I will answer them anyway.

The only thing we are 'secretive' of is our passwords and handshakes and some portions of the ritual dealing with candidate preparation. Anything else is open for discussion.

What symbol?

What exactly do you do in those meetings you have??

There are two types of meetings, business meetings were we discuss the actual running of the lodge building and its attendant events and degree nights where we initiate new members.

Why are there no women allowed?

While most Masonic lodges do not allow women (it is a fraternity after all) there are some groups that operate as mixed gender.

I am seriously curious...and appreciate your willingness to squelch my curiosity.

You may want to start a new thread then as you will end up derailing your own Original Post with non-chip program questions and answers.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I don't get why red flags would go up if you actually read the entire site.

MOCHIP is ran by the Missouri Grand Lodge, but it's not a program ran by every American Grand Lodge. In Idaho it's ran slightly different and in NY it has differences. There exists an organization MasoniCHIP International, but it is not required for a Grand Lodge CHIP to join them.

The more I read the website, things like this stuck out to me..

"MASONICHIP it's not what we do its who we do it for"

What's wrong with this?

THey state they do not house any info from the events.

No information is kept. The only information we keep in Idaho is the release form the parents/guardians sign giving us consent

So, my question is...who do they do it for?

Because people going missing is a major societal problem. We provide a free service for those who wish to use it.

Is this really just a great community program or is it something else? What are your thoughts?

Yes, it is just a community program.

reply to post by k21968

Yes, this program is a great program and it is something I am trying to expand in Idaho.

CHIP is merely an acronym. If someone infers it to mean "microchip" that is that persons problem for not researching it further.

reply to post by k21968

There is no ulterior motives to this program.

If this is truly a way to get info out fast in the event a child becomes missing I applaud the masons.

Thank you.

reply to post by k21968

It's okay to post. Keep posting.

reply to post by glen200376

There has been no ambush nor are we trying to shut him up.

Why are you suspicious of charity work?

reply to post by k21968

Our secretive nature comes from tradition and much of our known history. The values and lessons we espouse today do not seem so bad or radical, but to tyrannical governments back in the day they threatened their oppressive control. Today our "secrecy" is nothing more than "privacy."

Masons don't have their own forum, it is a subforum to discuss what many believe to be "secret societies". The admin's of this website placed a Masonic emblem for it as it does catch the attention.

You realize that the masses are terrified of the unknown, right?

Irrational fear and paranoia does not concern me.

Which symbol? The Square & Compasses?

What exactly do you do in those meetings you have?? Why are there no women allowed?

Once a month we have a business meeting where it would be like any group: pay the bills, read the minutes of last meeting, and blah blah blah. The other meetings are usually our initiation ceremonies. Freemasonry is a fraternity and therefore is a fraternal (male) organization. There are Masonic organizations that allow both men and women, and some some that just allow women.

EDIT: If you're curious of my opinion, I have led the Idaho CHIP for 2-years and was one of the founding members here in Idaho.
edit on 30-9-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

wow those were non-answers...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join