It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#@%$

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
When I left work on wednesday evening I was on cloud nine, not only had I just found out that there was nearly three times more leave in my account than previously thought, but also upon opening my paychit found to my delight that a performance bonus had been awarded to me. This put me on high the likes of which had not been experienced by me in quite some time, the wine was slipping down beautifully as I contemplated finally getting the home recording studio I have been promising myself since nineteen ninety three up, and running, as well as purchasing sundry horticultural goods for my burgeoning veg plot.
The next day THE VERY NEXT DAY I received a bill for wifey's car that completely wiped it out, [snip snip snip] it all the way to Hades. I am now off to iron four work shirts for the four consecutive twelve hour shifts that our looming at me this week in the dark satanic mill. BALLS!
edit on Sun Sep 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Now that was a rant

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If it makes you feel any better.

I'm doing rather well, and I'm in a pretty good mood.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I feel your pain mate , life has a way of conspiring against us sometimes but hold on to your dream .. one day..one day it will happen .
Have a S&F as its all I have to give you

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Excellent rant...love the medley of expletives.

One hand giveth and the other taketh it away...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i have been there before, sorry about the crummy luck, hope things
turn around again very soon good sir.

sometimes life hands you lemons, and you just wanna squeeze
those ^%&$&% till they turn to diamonds!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Actually no it does'nt, but I appreciate your attempt to cheer me up. At least that's what I think it was.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I feel your pain mate , life has a way of conspiring against us sometimes but hold on to your dream .. one day..one day it will happen .
Have a S&F as its all I have to give you

Thanks bud

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by hotel1

And lo the mods have taken it away

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

reply to post by hotel1

And lo the mods have taken it away

Though the MODS have absconded with your expletives, that just leaves those of us with very active imaginations the opportunity to fill in the blanks with whatever our own little gutter minds can come up with.

Just wanted to let you know, my dirty little mind did a fine fine job, in filling in the blanks in your rant.

In doing my own filling in, I must say. Your rant, was a top of the line rant in my books.

Sorry the Universe gaveth, then tooketh away from you. Hold onto your dreams, they will happen in due time. Sometimes the Universe is testing us, sometimes it's just crapping on us......I prefer to think the Universe was just testing you.

Hang in there....the S and F I leave you show respect for your rant.

Des

edit on 30-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by hotel1

reply to post by hotel1

And lo the mods have taken it away [/qu

Though the MODS have absconded with your expletives, that just leaves those of us with very active imaginations the opportunity to fill in the blanks with whatever our own little gutter minds can come up with.

Just wanted to let you know, my dirty little mind did a fine fine job, in filling in the blanks in your rant.

In doing my own filling in, I must say. Your rant, was a top of the line rant in my books.

Sorry the Universe gaveth, then tooketh away from you. Hold onto your dreams, they will happen in due time. Sometimes the Universe is testing us, sometimes it's just crapping on us......I prefer to think the Universe was just testing you.

Hang in there....the S and F I leave you show respect for your rant.

Des

Cheers Des
I love the fact that you have a dirty mind

edit on 30-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Op you just need a hug. Where would you be without the extra money? How do you suddenly get a big repair bill for a car? A competent mechanic would never do anything that would cost you extra without asking. And the only times i ever had something that had to be fixed immediately on my car was when a wheel fell off, a failed engine....

I dont trust mechanics either. Most of them ive met cant do anything i cant do, and im not even a good mechanic.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Op you just need a hug. Where would you be without the extra money? How do you suddenly get a big repair bill for a car? A competent mechanic would never do anything that would cost you extra without asking. And the only times i ever had something that had to be fixed immediately on my car was when a wheel fell off, a failed engine....

I dont trust mechanics either. Most of them ive met cant do anything i cant do, and im not even a good mechanic.

You are of course correct about the extra money, but i am finding it particularly hard to be philosophical in the face of this one. It was'nt that the bill was unexpected it was just way more than I was expecting.
edit on 30-9-2012 by hotel1 because: be added

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

No, I wasn't.

I just enjoy saying that to anyone who complains that they are sick, or had a crappy day or whatever. Some people get a laugh, some people get pissed. But it's really just entertaining for me.

But everything tends to balance out in the end.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Little comfort, but you made me laugh. Can't tell you the number of times I have been there. Pretty much every year at tax time, anticipating the refund, dreaming of a trip, or that home repair, etc.. Only to have it all evaporate in a car problem or some other unpleasant 'Surprise'! Oddly there is either just enough to fix said problem, or enough and needing a bit more. 'sigh' Hug your wife, have a brew, she'll be right again before you know it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How about an E-high five?

High fives have a weird way of cheering me up when I'm down.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

You're looking at it backwards. The bill was coming and you didn't have the money for it, so God, Karma, the Source, whatever, provided you with the needed money. You should be singing and dancing, celebrating your good fortune.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by hotel1

You're looking at it backwards. The bill was coming and you didn't have the money for it, so God, Karma, the Source, whatever, provided you with the needed money. You should be singing and dancing, celebrating your good fortune.

That is profoubd. OP is all tweeged out, nut he should be grateful. There is a story about Edgar Cayce, never a rich man, who was in desperate need of, IIRC, $80.00. He received the extra $80 somehow, then spent it on a fishing pole and gear. His wife was outraged that he had spent this God-given gift. the very anser to their needs. He looked at her and said,

"Don't worry. We'll get the money somehow."

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by hotel1

If I were a mod I'd give you applause for that one

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i dunno, sounds like pretty damn good luck to me, where would you be if the bill for wifes car came in and you DIDNT have all the extra money, someones looking out for yah , just have to open yer eyes 8o))

not all bad luck is bad luck ^^

top topics

<<   2 >>

join