It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rem Sleep And Telepathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Rem Sleep:

Rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep) is a normal stage of sleep characterized by the rapid and random movement of the eyes. REM sleep is classified into two categories: tonic and phasic. It was identified and defined by Nathaniel Kleitman, Eugene Aserinsky, and Jon Birtwell in the early 1950s. Criteria for REM sleep includes rapid eye movement, but also low muscle tone and a rapid, low-voltage EEG; these features are easily discernible in a polysomnogram, the sleep study typically done for patients with suspected sleep disorders. REM sleep in adult humans typically occupies 20–25% of total sleep, about 90–120 minutes of a night's sleep. REM sleep normally occurs close to morning. During a normal night of sleep, humans usually experience about four or five periods of REM sleep; they are quite short at the beginning of the night and longer toward the end. Many animals and some people tend to wake, or experience a period of very light sleep, for a short time immediately after a bout of REM. The relative amount of REM sleep varies considerably with age. A newborn baby spends more than 80% of total sleep time in REM. During REM, the activity of the brain's neurons is quite similar to that during waking hours; for this reason, the REM-sleep stage may be called paradoxical sleep. REM sleep is physiologically different from the other phases of sleep, which are collectively referred to as non-REM sleep (NREM sleep). Subjects' vividly recalled dreams mostly occur during REM sleep.
Source
My golden time and state for prophetic dreams and other abilities I am discovering that can be attained via this state of mind, one of which I have experienced before but wrote it off as a whim, until now.
Telepathy:

Telepathy (from the Greek τηλε, tele meaning "distant" and πάθη, pathe meaning "affliction, experience") is the supposed transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction. The term was coined in 1882 by the classical scholar Frederic W. H. Myers, a founder of the Society for Psychical Research, and has remained more popular than the earlier expression thought-transference. Scientific consensus does not view telepathy as a real phenomenon. Many studies seeking to detect, understand, and utilize telepathy have been done, but according to the prevailing view among scientists, telepathy lacks replicable results from well-controlled experiments. Telepathy is a common theme in modern fiction and science fiction, with many superheroes and supervillains having telepathic abilities.
Source
I'd had quite a good nights dreamy sleep and suddenly I started to hear a womens voice narrating... I thought it was outloud in the bedroom, so you can imagin it being odd..... it brought me out of the land of nodd fully. I turned to find my wife sat up reading her kindle silently (in her head). I asked her,"were you just reading out aloud?", she replied "No, in my head". I told her to reread the last portion of the book she had just read and it was the same but the voice being different....
I thought I'd share......
inner voice a lot more sexier than the outer
Could this be the voice of my wifes Soul? Maybe....
edit on 30-9-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hey OP, that's a very interesting set of info/theories/experiences.

Wanted to share something with you: although I CANNOT remember most of my REM sleep (stress?),
I've been getting the "impression" that some information "comes to me" too easily,
and I too have wondered about dreamstates and prophecy.

thank you for this

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Quite interesting! I am also a very vivid dreamer. I think my REM would be a lot more.

As for telepathy, everyone must have experienced this at some point in theor lives, at least with one person!

You feel like you know what thy are thinking and then they speak out the same thing. I did get shocked many times!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

As I tell everyone who has this problem of remembering dreams....."Always keep a journal and pen next to your bed". I have been reading that sleep depravation increases Rem Sleep and Dreaming but I won't recommend it.
I've always found it easy but everyone is wired differently.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

The dep might make it more intense, but i don't recommend losing sleep on purpose!!
It causes you not to be able to remember as much.

might be permanent too (ex gamer)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lovemyworld

All the time... It gets quite perturbing for my friends and family when I happen to speak what they are About to say. Imagine if I worked for Wikileaks

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A few months back I entered a photography competition at work, I got through to the final 15.
The other night I had a very vivid dream about me winning the competition, I remember seeing my picture
On the front cover and a caption saying winning image....I shall let you know soon if it comes true.

I'm starting to think there is more to the human brain, especially in dream state, that we don't understand.
Maybe our bodies subconsciously take control of the mind and use the wasted 90% (or whatever it is we don't use)
during sleep?

Possible?

DM

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
reply to post by DreamerOracle

The dep might make it more intense, but i don't recommend losing sleep on purpose!!
It causes you not to be able to remember as much.

might be permanent too (ex gamer)

As so was I back in the day but not as much these days... I'm choosing to be more creational than recreational but then Creativity is in itself Recreational..... it's just more satisfying.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Matters

I'm starting to think there is more to the human brain, especially in dream state, that we don't understand.
Maybe our bodies subconsciously take control of the mind and use the wasted 90% (or whatever it is we don't use)
during sleep?

Possible?

I truly believe so and it may just go to show what we are truly capable of... We have simply lost the How Too ways of accessing that 90% in the waking world. Could it be evolutionary change in how our brain is wired? All we can do is hazard a guess at... Then wait for the day when knowledge about these phenomena is unveiled by some future science and the true extent of human capability is finaly realised. Human Nature permitting that is

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
reply to post by lovemyworld

All the time... It gets quite perturbing for my friends and family when I happen to speak what they are About to say. Imagine if I worked for Wikileaks

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Matters

I truly wish your dream comes true! ALL THE BEST! Sometimes you do get images of your near future, it happened to me too though it was just about a person.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle

Originally posted by Dark_Matters

during sleep?

Possible?

I truly believe so and it may just go to show what we are truly capable of... We have simply lost the How Too ways of accessing that 90% in the waking world. Could it be evolutionary change in how our brain is wired? All we can do is hazard a guess at... Then wait for the day when knowledge about these phenomena is unveiled by some future science and the true extent of human capability is finaly realised. Human Nature permitting that is

hello again!
You guys might think this is a stupid theory, but I personally believe that the pineal gland (thought by many to be the seat of the third eye and paranormal experience) is damaged and/or blocked by flouridated water, i.e. ferrous fluoride builds up between this gland and the brain, deflecting signals away from your "Eye of God".

The fact that Nazis pushed water fluoridation onto the public doesn't make me feel any better about the religious aspects and the idea that having that problem may account for NASA astronauts' brain damage.

My name for ferrous fluoride in the human body is.. dun dun dun... the Iron Cross. because of the shape of the molecule and how hot it has to get before it will melt.

Sad theory isn't it?

We truly need angels down here on earth.... sos lol

top topics

join