'Huckleberry Friend' - Mr. Andy Williams gone at 84

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Singer Andy Williams dead at 84

(CBS News) Singer Andy Williams died at his home in Branson, Mo., on Tuesday after a year-long battle with bladder cancer, according to his publicist Paul Shefrin. He was 84.

I know he passed a few days ago. I didn't learn of it until now. Strangely enough I was watching an Andy clip on YT and saw the R.I.P posted in a comment.

Mr. Williams gone... Wow. I'm tongue tied. What can I say? Other than for me? The world will never sound the same again. I'm fortunate my Grandparents gave me an appreciation for classic music and I'm fortunate to have known 'Andy' - if only though his music.

It's sad there isn't a thread to wish him well already. So many of the GREATS are lost. And I'm not talking dead - I'm talking to time and changing tastes and something else I don't even want to examine. Something like the loss of innocence and loss of a sense of good.

Peace to his friends and family worldwide - a small - but very fortunate group. I'm proud to be able to host this thread. Peace again. See ya on the flip side Mr. Williams...
edit on 30-9-2012 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'll be listing a few of my favorite clips of his show and of course his music. I hope you'll take a moment to do the same.

His signature song? Moon River.

My two favorites.

peace
edit on 30-9-2012 by silo13 because: added vid

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
One of his last interviews.

Enjoy.

One of his best shows.

peace
edit on 30-9-2012 by silo13 because: added vid

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm not that old,but I'm old fashioned.Andy was great,
along with a lot of others.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Silo13.
He had such a smooth delivery, and seemed like a very pleasant human being (maybe the latter influenced the former - who knows?).
Best regards to his near & dear ones.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I grew up with my parents listening to Andy. An excellent singer and such a loss. RIP Andy, you will always be remembered.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Star n flagged n its never too late to do a nice thread on another lost icon! They are not making clean cut entertainers any more! Andy Williams and a few months ago Andy Griffith how sad!

Anyone know of an entertainer who does not swear? I never heard a bad word out of either gentleman's mouth!

new topics
top topics

join