It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The son of man on the cloud in Revelations 14:14?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Which means the data is incomplete. Yet everyone immediately falls on it in a frenzy. So who's the idiot, now?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Just out of curiosity, will the "harvest" resemble anything like "ahnggk" describes on the first page of this thread?

Will it resemble some kind of natural disaster?

edit on 30-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

Which means the data is incomplete. Yet everyone immediately falls on it in a frenzy. So who's the idiot, now?

What all was said, has no bearing on anything down here. The instruction was given to whom needed it at the time. Man doesn't need to know full instructions of another above.

There have been many times writers (Daniel, Paul, John) have overheard or saw things, in Father told them not to write it because man would never understand, there is simply too much background information that is needed.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Just out of curiosity, will the "harvest" resemble anything like "ahnggk" describes on the first page of this thread?

Will it resemble some kind of natural disaster?

edit on 30-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

No, it will be only for Earth. But, it will be a natural disaster in a human sense. But, there will be nothing natural about it, if that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The Father Tells Jesus when to Reap

Jesus is sitting in the clouds and the Angel tells Jesus with the sound of a Trump when the Father gives the word .

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Matthew 24 verse 29 thru 31 says the same thing about Jesus on the clouds , the angels sounding the trumpet ! Nothing incomplete here .
It is prudent for youngsters to listen and not make rude comments .

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So none of the 144,000 will be women?
And only 144,000 out of millions of jews
Will be virgins and have not lied?
Wouldn't there be more male toddlers and
babies than that number? Or am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Because that makes total sense.

Next!
edit on 30-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UpLateWakingUp

The verses says 12,000 Virgin Jewish Men from each of the 12 Tribes . There are not 12 tribes anymore since they fought Nebuchadnezzar instead of submitting to Gods punishment . Two tribes have vanished . Certainly there aren't 144,000 Virgin Jewish Men of Gods standards today .
Those 144,000 souls may have been taken from the time when the Pharaoh feared the captive Jews were out numbering them and could overcome their captors . The decree was that all Jewish male children born should be cast into the river and drowned . Remember Moses and the bulrushes ?
The time of the birth of Jesus where Herod had all of the 2 year old male Jewish children killed there was only 9 or 10 tribes in existence and they were scattered all over the known world and not within his reach .
Quite possibly God has taken those souls of the male Jewish infants killed during the time of their enslavement in Egypt and kept them in heaven until He needs to put them back on earth . God does work in mysterious ways .

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Quite possibly God has taken those souls of the male Jewish infants killed during the time of their enslavement in Egypt and kept them in heaven until He needs to put them back on earth . God does work in mysterious ways .

Careful, you're straying into reincarnation which violates the "appointed once to die and then the judgement" clause.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

1. Most Christians interpret the son of man on the cloud to be Jesus himself.

Who are these "most Christians" that think that.
I think that most Christians don't worry about it, and see Revelation as purely symbolic.
Rapture cult people try to make out that it is Jesus in the verse cited in the OP.
And as Jesus doing a "rapture", the one they think they are going to be in.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

How many times did Lazarus die?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I think most people who read Matthew 24 verse 30 believe that Jesus is sitting on the clouds at the Harvest.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't remember what verse it is but one states that Jesus put his top angels in charge and went on a great journey.
I may be wrong but i think that the verse ties into your op and what enochwasriight said.

edit on 30-9-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by DISRAELI

The purpose of the book is not to provide a detailed future history, but to provide encouragement to the church in time of crisis.,

Fair enough, but then your earlier statement about how it was all a play-like method to get users to understand things doesn't hold. If most of the book is cryptic....and I've learned that not even christians agree on many parts.

It doesn't occur to you that contemporary christians would have understood the allusions? And it was probably quite a small group of people he was writing to, who may have shared common secret signs and metaphors, as would any underground group, that modern christians have no idea about 1500+ years later (depending on when it was written.)

I think it's futile to be scanning books of the bible as they've been handed down to you and looking for evidence of any clues to our modern reality really, but I guess there are people who do believe in, and do, that sort of thing.
It's not my area, but I was just curious as to what this thread was about.
I'll leave y'all to it, but I think it's been proven by others that the Jesus has already been located on a mountain or something in this scenario, so it's some other 'son of man' on the cloud.

By the way, clouds don't really have the density to support anything heavier than water-saturated air, so I hope you are just looking for the allegorical meaning and not thinking this was like a literal video-ed vision of something that's really going to happen.
Then again, people believe all sorts of stuff, so no harm if you do I guess.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.
15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”
16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
-Revelations 14:14-16

That one has always scared the crap out of me Beings sitting in the sky waiting to Harvest!...Reapers! Harvesting the earth??? Probably gonna be around Thanksgiving or Christmas when they are all nice and plump stuffed from all the Holiday indulging! All the poor fat people are going to be rounded up like cattle...to feed what???
edit on 30-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.
15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”
16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
-Revelations 14:14-16

Lets break it down..
1. A "son of man" appears.
2. An angel appears.
3. The angel instructs the son of man to do something.
4. The son of man does as he is told.

Here's the interesting part...
1. Most Christians interpret the son of man on the cloud to be Jesus himself.
If it was Jesus, then don't Christians(especially those who believe Jesus is God) find it strange that an angel is telling Jesus what to do?

Also note that immediately after, we read about a second angel instructing a third angel with a sickle to make a harvest of the "grapes" (symbolic of souls, I guess). Both the son of man and the third angel were being instructed to make a harvest.

2. Another thing I'd like to point out, since revelations was written after Jesus walked the earth, so why didn't the writer just mention the name "Jesus Christ" instead of "son of man"?

Discuss.

edit on 30-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Excellent point...if I am not Mistaken John is the Author, while he was imprisoned during his latter years...and he was Jesus cousin...6 months his elder..

Great thinking!!

Sorry if others already made this point...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

No, it will be only for Earth. But, it will be a natural disaster in a human sense. But, there will be nothing natural about it, if that makes sense.

Yes, the triggering mechanisms will come from outside the Solar System. It's just my belief that the galactic system works much like a biological system. We might think that local geological processes to be cycles originating from within the Earth where it might be linked to the Sun or even the galactic core. These unseen links may be best described through quantum mechanics, even natural processes that we are still yet to discover.

We might expect simultaneous earthquakes, simultaneous volcanic eruptions. accompanied by asteroid/comet impacts. Natural disasters on a massive scale.

The 'sickle' could also represent massive tsunamis. As I've said about cities resembling grape vines from outer space, and most of them in coastal areas. Mega tsunamis would easily wipe out whole cities in a short period of time.

Anyway, you interpret it, it represents an extinction level event and destruction of all the works of man which is the subject of God's wrath.

Stop loving, enjoying, praising the works of man now, hate it, despise it as God would. Do not subject yourselves to God's wrath later!!

@abeverage

That one has always scared the crap out of me Beings sitting in the sky waiting to Harvest!...Reapers! Harvesting the earth??? Probably gonna be around Thanksgiving or Christmas when they are all nice and plump stuffed from all the Holiday indulging! All the poor fat people are going to be rounded up like cattle...to feed what???

You got the most part correct

But do not expect to see massive UFO's, global scale abductions. If they do appear, they are not of God's but the evil one.

God's wrath will manifest itself through nature/celestial/intergalactic events to destroy all the works of man and all the men and women who took proudly took part in it.
edit on 30-9-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I think most people who read Matthew 24 verse 30 believe that Jesus is sitting on the clouds at the Harvest.
Can you identify these "most people"?
If you are polling people in your cult, then probably "most people", but if you mean you pick out random people from the population, hand them that verse and ask them what they make of it, I would say zero would come up with that explanation on their own.
This is what cult indoctrination is, to instill into the member the delusion that what they believe is what "everyone" believes.
edit on 1-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Can you read the bible ? What are you trying to say? Have you got something against Jesus coming in the clouds ? Or do you just want to study the demographics of believers ? You have some less than accepted interpretations and you call other people cultist , I'm not sure what you believe .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join