It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help . I'm constantly smelling exhaust fumes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There is alot at stake,please.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublejive
reply to post by jiggerj

I need very seriuos advice,there is something that i have told no one but some know because they were there and know,it's been 15 years or so and it's tearing me apart,but i dont have 20 posts etc,i beg for those who can make it happen please let me post,if someone out there can help it will save so much,please,i beg.

I dont wish to take away from the poster above,but please i beg of you.

I don't understand, DJ. What I gave you was very serious advice.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What advice you havent heard what has happened,there is more,there is what is happening thats what i need advice about.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublejive

By the way thats was my step brother so my family is not like some mental case one,if i could just have some time to explain in detail what has happened,and more recently you would understand.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'll put your confusion to Jiggerj's response down to not being familiar with posting on this site but you did respond directly to his post on page 1 at the bottom when in fact he was offering advice to the person who started this thread.

Anyway...........go on, tell us more so we may be of assistance

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

Change what your eating. Could be something bad or maybe medication you take. Some health issues cause odd smells and tastes ie diabetes-floral,metallic, heart attacks-burnt toast. Lunesta sleeping pills can cause people to have a total loss of taste and smell and or taste metallic. I know home heating oil can permeate your clothing and hair as well as gasoline, diesel, smoke, burnt car oil etc.

I would start narrowing it down

Food
Habits
Meds
Travel
Work
Health

Etc

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hey doubleJive..

Start a new thread in the members forum.

Then you can get your post count up, plus you can share some things about you, your story.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Does anyone here that has this problem live downwind from an airport? Or under a landing or take off glide path for big jets?

The reports here seem to indicate there is no source in the real world. My mom smells burnt matches sometimes. She describes the smell as sulfurous. It comes and goes suddenly. I have heard that this occurs when negative spirits break thru the veil. There might be a flash of light, electricity or a smell of ozone too. But she is possessed anyway and I know where thats comin' from. "Auto exhaust" has me stumped. How can that be an infection or psychosomatic in a world filled with plains, trains and automobiles? Weird.

I hope you all find a solution for it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I agree with jhonathanandheather with the medicine aspect.

At one point in time, I took Lunesta, which made me wake up with a horrible taste in my mouth as if I had been sucking on a dirty bum's sock full of nickels all night long. This taste persisted throughout the day, but was most pronounced in the mornings.

My point: Perhaps a certain medicine or supplement is causing the phantom aroma. Also, the chemistry in your mouth plays a substantial role in how you preceive taste. You probably already know your smell and taste senses are closely entwined.

An infection would also cause bad smells. You don't mention any symptoms of infection, but perhaps a culture of bacteria is present in your sinus cavities that is somehow either fooling your immune system, or you are immune to its ill effects, aside from the odor, of course.

I figured if I was going to make a joke earlier, I could at least come back and contribute something worthwhile.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Does anyone here that has this problem live downwind from an airport? Or under a landing or take off glide path for big jets?

The reports here seem to indicate there is no source in the real world. My mom smells burnt matches sometimes. She describes the smell as sulfurous. It comes and goes suddenly. I have heard that this occurs when negative spirits break thru the veil. There might be a flash of light, electricity or a smell of ozone too. But she is possessed anyway and I know where thats comin' from. "Auto exhaust" has me stumped. How can that be an infection or psychosomatic in a world filled with plains, trains and automobiles? Weird.

I hope you all find a solution for it.

I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, and have worked on live aircraft. The smell of JET A, JET A-1, or military JP fuel does leave a lingering odor if you are exposed to it.

AVGAS is like car gasoline, only more volatile, and it contains lead. I believe the OP mentioned smelling an engine running, which would indicate combusted fuel. I'm not sure if the lead content of 100/130 or 100LL would cause the smell to "stick" to the nasal cavity or not. I haven't noticed it.

However only GA aircraft use AVGAS, and very few aircraft use JET-B. The likelihood of the OP being exposed to those kinds of fumes in any measurable concentration are slim to none in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Beano?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't know if your bedroom closets are above an attached garage, but if it is, it could possibly be the exhaust fumes from your car are leaking into your closet and causing your clothes to smell like exhaust fumes. Just putting that out there.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

Thanks for the rundown. A mechanics input is helpful. I was wondering, it seems there are some science reports that indicate there might be more pollution off runways than previously thought. Here is an article which attributes sunlight to magnifying the problem at a busy airport. Not sure this has anything to do with smell though. Just passing it along.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Go see an ENT never heard of exhaust but smells like rotten eggs or bad breath smell is a sign of infection as others have stated. My Grandmother had this for years turned out to be a baby tooth in her sinus I KNOW RIGHT? that some how after years started getting infected then she had the smells only she could smell. They did x-rays and found the tooth!
edit on 30-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Originally posted by pacifier2012
get off ATS and seek medical help. Why the hell would you seek help on ATS of all places????

You are absolutely 100% incorrect and your advice is FAR more dangerous than seeking help on ATS. Medicine Doctors are NOT to be trusted...

Everything IS backwards just like the quote in the signature says...

There's no more dangerous activity than walking into a (witch) doctor's office... because modern medicine is neither an art nor a science, it's a religion

"The medical industry is no longer to be trusted. We have a Medical Inquisition. The Rockefellers took it over way back and warped a lot of it. Our doctors are brainwashed. The Rockefellers are dedicated to population reduction and are using the medical industry to do it."

“I do not believe in Modern Medicine. I am a medical heretic. I believe that Modern Medicine’s treatments for disease . . . are more dangerous than the diseases they are designed to treat. I believe that more than ninety percent of Modern Medicine could disappear from the face of the earth – doctors, hospitals, drugs, and equipment – and the effect on our health would be immediate and beneficial . .

"Confessions of a Medical Heretic" Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, (pp. ix-xi-xv) Source

I will NEVER trust another Doctor even if my LIFE depends on it...
I do not believe in Modern Medicine
The medical industry is no longer to be trusted
Why Pharmaceutical Drugs Do Not Work
Everything is backwards; Doctors destroy health

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well I thought I was having olfactory hallucinations recently. Kept smelling a combination of dark chocolate and bacon frazzles. Turns out the new healthy diet Mr Suspiria is on is to blame. Apparently men who eat at least one stick of celery everyday give out more powerful pheromones. His happens to smell like chocolate and bacon crisps.

It's obviously irresistable to women this chocolate and bacon combo. Some woman lifted her skirt to show him her down stairs mix up in a pub just the other weekend. Seriously they are all over him all of a sudden, they couldn't give a toss if I'm stood there or not. Good job I think it's hilarious, the lynx effect's got nowt on celery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join