It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one feel the Irving Tx Earthquake at 11:05 9/29/2012?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
also to note i believe there is a fualt line somewere near by there also

Balcones Fualt

Historic Seismicity Source
edit on 30-9-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have friends living in the Grapevine area who felt it.

They seem to think it may have something to do with all the drilling for natural gas they are doing on the Barnett Shale.

blumtexas.blogspot.com...
edit on 30-9-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Another odd place for EQ's to happen is NM.

9/28/12 - Los Chavez, NM - 3.5

earthquake-report.com...

Los Chavez, NM, USA (near Belen) - I felt the earthquake that was more of an up and down than a shaking. I have experienced earthquakes in southern Californa, in the 1960's and in 1978 in Venice Calif and worked in the aftermath of the Loma Prieta in 1989 and in the Mexico City Quake aftermath, for 5 months with clean up and recovery of bodies. I know earthquakes!

frogville.us...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hi I am new here. I came across this website when I was doing some reading regarding the earthquake last night. That was my first earthquake experience. I live in Irving around the Story and Pioneer area. We did not know what was going on. I thought some big armored tank thing was driving over the house. It was freaky! I read an article that said we had 2 earthquakes, we only felt the one no after shock or anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I saw a mention of it on Facebook right after it happened. I'm in Denton, and we felt nothing here.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We did we live in Irving, TX Valley Ranch area. It happened at 11:05 3.4 mag more or less at McArthur and Rochell. We felt it I was washing my hands and it felt that things went sideways. My boyfriend was at the computer and we have an older one next to the new one he said that it shooked and the ceiling fan also. A friend of ours just one mile and a half away from us felt it more she said that some of her things fell down. It was strange because our dogs did not bark or any other dogs around here. They also said that another one about 4 minutes after that a 3.1 was also felt. It was also felt around the Carrollton, Dallas and Euless area. Did not like it at all called the police dept busy then we called the fire dept and that's when they said that to us. Hope it does not happen again. It was only about 6.9 miles from us we might go by there later on and see if it did any damages. We did read that there were some cracks.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MC1321

Interesting. My toddler grandson was asleep and didn't awaken and their apt only swayed. You certainly must have been closer to the epicenter.

This strong is so weird in Texas. I have lived her most of my life and never felt one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join