It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the Republican party nominate a loser, fall down artist like Romney?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This guy is already lying down on the canvas and the ref is up to 100.

Why screw some other candidates.

A dirty faced sock puppet could do as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Because they really don't expect him to win. It's not unusual for one of the parties to put a throwaway candidate in the running when they are going against a strong opponent. They have their eyes on 2016.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To keep Barry in. They don't need us telling them who they want running the country.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofonehunlo
This guy is already lying down on the canvas and the ref is up to 100.

Why screw some other candidates.

A dirty faced sock puppet could do as well.

because all of the republican candidates were throwaways. Besides Ron Paul, and was it huntsman, he seemed alright..

All the other ones were trolling hardcore.. Or were unaware.. Rick Perry couldn't have been that funny unless it was on purpose right?

It didn't matter which one went forward.. But I think Romney was the only believable enough one besides Ron Paul, and we all know the story there.

I've heard republicans say that Jeb Bush would have been an obvious choice, if they wanted to try, and I am sure there are others much better suited than the last bunch haha. Also Paul Ryan is young enough to lose as a vice president and look a little dumb for now. He can let everyone forget while he get's a bit more experience.
edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Because they really don't expect him to win. It's not unusual for one of the parties to put a throwaway candidate in the running when they are going against a strong opponent. They have their eyes on 2016.

A plan. Well, that's cute.

I am not seeing a plan here.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofonehunlo

To be honest, Rick Perry seemed to be the Bilderberg anointed one but he didnt perform as expected.

No one else: Santorum, Bachmann or Gingrich were really expected to do anything.

And theyre just blatantly scared of Ron Paul.

It was kind of by default.

Not that it matters, Obama, Romney, Obamney, the establishment wins.

edit on 29-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It's the same thing they did when running against Clinton in 96. Surely the GOP could have found somebody better than Bob Dole.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ok, start from the premise that Romney is the worst candidate of all time, evil, ignorant, unable to connect to the voters, and so on, and so on. He's going to lose by 10 points, it'll be a landslide, etc.

What can you possibly say if, by some miracle, Romney wins?

I'm really curious, what will be the response?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

It's the same thing they did when running against Clinton in 96. Surely the GOP could have found somebody better than Bob Dole.

This makes sense. But only from their own perspective do they have time to burn.

Time seems to be growing short.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The GOP didn't have any good candidates. Their party sucks if you haven't noticed. The party of real rape. This is all they have to offer.
edit on 29-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have wondered this myself...seems like the 1996 election or putting Palin as a running mate! Bound to fail!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Because the GOP lost the core values of conservatism.

Also because you didn't have pragmatic, objective, sober debates.

When campaigning becomes all about ideology and religious zealotry, low quality is what you get.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

And hasn't he been just making mistake after mistake recently? Saying one dumb thing after another? The reason why they choose Romney is because he is the fall guy. But whether he or Obama get to be president in 2012 does it really matter? Does it really matter who becomes president in 2016? No matter who enters that office not much is gonna change and what I can tell you for certain it ain't gonna change for the better, for the most part. A little good here and there but a whole lot of bad everywhere.

Politics is nothing more than diarrhea of the mouth. There is no honor in politics, no integrity, no shame.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The same reason the democrats brought Kerry to the table in 2004

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
George Prescott Garnica Bush is set to revive the party with either a full on entry into the candidacy in 2016 or 2020, either way Republicans are building a strategy to secure another eight year term with popular support even if they have to firewall everything Obama does for another four years to get it done. Hes half Mexican so their puppet plans on playing the race card to ensure Republican hegemony into the 2020's.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Because this is how they ARE.

And Ron Paul is a senile old man who belongs in an old folks home

top topics

join