It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secession! Lakota Sioux Nation Leaves The Union! (Again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

President Barack Obama has an unexpected foreign policy problem – in the Western United States. The Lakota Sioux nation has seceded from the United States, according to a story on the anti-American website La Voz de Aztlan.

“We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us,” long-time Native American radical leader Russell Means said. The move potentially impacts the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

Means has been a well-known Native American radical and actor since 1973 when he and others were involved in a siege in Wounded Knew, S.D. and Means proclaimed: “sometimes there has to be violence.” “In 1973, Mr. Means led a siege of Wounded Knee by Indians who alleged that the tribal leadership was corrupt. Two Indians were killed and one Federal marshal seriously wounded by resulting gunfire, and the episode divided many residents of the Pine Ridge Reservation,” The New York Times reported Dec. 30, 1990.

Click link for remainder of article....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This should be interesting and just in time for the election.

Any wagers on how this might turn out? Is this why the Federal Government was buying all that ammunition? There are a bunch of positions open with the Bureau of Inidian Affairs (law enforcement side).

Indian Nations are essentially autonomous from the United States as it is so I am curious how this one is going to play out.

Thoughts?

Even if it goes nowhere it does bring up the topic of Native American land and the US Government and how to right the wrongs.

edit on 29-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hmmm, does BPN follow the same rules with BAN having 2 threads on the same topic open? It may, but in either case this was posted about an hour ago and has already become a hot topic, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh I see you brought a video! Thank you!
edit on 29-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It was also already debunked I am sorry to say. I was already to discover my lost heritage haha. But no this isn't actually happening right now. Look at my last post in the other thread.

Linky Link
edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah I used the glorious search engine and it pulled up older threads on the same topic but nothing new.

Either or I thought it was an interesting topic (regardless of its validity).

Mods feel free to trash if need be.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Awww say it aint so. Debunked? And I was just really getting into that video!

Dammit!

Either way, I love what Russell has to say.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Yeah it happens, and you both have totally different titles.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

There are more videos of the same guy. that's just part one. He was also the voice of chief powattan in pocahantas (spelling haha)..

I like the guy.
I wish this was a current story more than you know.
I was excited about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by Swills

There are more videos of the same guy. that's just part one. He was also the voice of chief powattan in pocahantas (spelling haha)..

I like the guy.
I wish this was a current story more than you know.
I was excited about it.

Is July of this (oops, last) year current enough?

Happy Overthrow the Government Day!

This article was originally published in July of 2011.

Perhaps the Republic of Lakotah has the right idea? We face cultural assimilation, dysfunctional, self serving tribal governments, and a long list of broken treaties that will likely never be recognized. With true Tribal independence, we’d have a hard time doing much worse than has already been done to us under the US Government. We could re-assert our clan systems as political and economic units, move from the cycle of poverty perpetuated by welfare dependence to a system of mutual aid (the way we used to take care of our own,) and manage our resources as we see fit. While the US Government sends money and resources to Indian Country, I wonder whether it is nothing but more poison. What good has it done us thus far? And do a proud people accept hand outs? Or do they stand on their own two feet, supporting and taking care of their own?

A pan-secessionist movement could unite us Americans in a mutual struggle for freedom. Must we all live under the same government to all be Americans? How united are we today when we divide ourselves by which 24-hour cable news network we watch? With so many secession movements across the country, and so many reasons for it, maybe we should start thinking about whose side we’re going to be on this time around.

Long article aianattackthesystem.com...

edit on 29-9-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

President Barack Obama has an unexpected foreign policy problem – in the Western United States. The Lakota Sioux nation has seceded from the United States, according to a story on the anti-American website La Voz de Aztlan.

“We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us,” long-time Native American radical leader Russell Means said. The move potentially impacts the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

Means has been a well-known Native American radical and actor since 1973 when he and others were involved in a siege in Wounded Knew, S.D. and Means proclaimed: “sometimes there has to be violence.” “In 1973, Mr. Means led a siege of Wounded Knee by Indians who alleged that the tribal leadership was corrupt. Two Indians were killed and one Federal marshal seriously wounded by resulting gunfire, and the episode divided many residents of the Pine Ridge Reservation,” The New York Times reported Dec. 30, 1990.

Click link for remainder of article....

I know this article did not just call them "indians" like i saw it do. If the Sioux wanna secede let 'em, i suppose there's good enough reason for alot of states to want to secede. Making their own currency is going to be tough, and fielding their own armies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a second Civil War happened, but who would lead it? The last one it was wealthy men against wealthy men leading those battles, now all the wealthy are playing on the same team.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Seems like a real "radical" to me.

What the hell else are we to do, overthrow the government by force?

What do they want from us???

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
OBEDIENCE

new topics

top topics

join