It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish pilots killed by Syrian intelligence, Al Arabiya claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Two Turkish pilots thought to have perished when their jet was shot down by Damascus on June 22 were actually rescued, interrogated and murdered by Syrian intelligence services, secret documents released tonight by Saudi Arabia’s Al-Arabiya news channel purport to show.

“Two Turkish pilots were captured by the Syrian Air Force Intelligence after their jet was shot down in coordination with the Russian naval base in [the Syrian city of] Tartus,” according to a document released by Al-Arabiya that was allegedly sent directly from President Bashar al-Assad’s office to Brig. Hassan Abdel Rahman, the chief of Syria’s Special Operations Unit.

The documents suggest the possibility of transferring Ertan and Aksoy into the custody of Syrian ally Hezbollah in Lebanon, but a subsequent file expressed the need to “eliminate” the two pilots. “Based on information and guidance from the Russian leadership, comes a need to eliminate the two Turkish pilots detained by the Special Operations Unit in a natural way, and their bodies need to be returned to the crash site in international waters,” the document said.

If this is true,there could be some very serious ramifications..

The documents, which have not been independently verified, were obtained with the assistance of members of the Syrian opposition, who refused to explain how they accessed the files.

It would not surprise me if this turns out to be true,but we will have to wait and see.

Here is the link
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
edit on 29-9-2012 by PatriotsPride because: add link

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Report: Acting on Russian intel, Syria forces murdered pilots of downed Turkey jet

Link
www.haaretz.com...

Leaks reveal Syrian regime killed Turkish pilots, Al-Arabiya says

To read more: www.nowlebanon.com...

Word is getting around fast

Al Arabiya: Turkish pilots rescued and executed by Syria
www.debka.com...
edit on 29-9-2012 by PatriotsPride because: removed link,i had it in there twice

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have been watching this unfold. They began broadcast of these documents at 16:30 GMT. Truthfully don't know what to make of it. AlArabya is definitely a Saudi owned media outlet source, and they of course would never support Assad, and would much rather see him go [bias?].
I am actually trying to determine if this is for real or a large group of forged documents. My question is: up till now....Why has our mainstream media not even eluded to this. Not even fox. As of yet that is. It is on a few obscure right wing sights, but the mainstream won't touch this story. I was watching the online version of this at 4:30 central time today on Alarabya....No US headlines as yet.....
If it is true, there is trouble in paradise for sure. As mentioned above word is getting around fast, but so far it appears the bias in our media means few will hear of it in the US through them.
Keeping in mind the bias of the media in the Middle East as well as our own. It will be interesting to see who actually carries the story in the US and what comes of it.
edit on 29-9-2012 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Thanks for your reply. I to am quite surprised that this story is not out
all over the place yet,its big news for sure with very serious accusations,
I am puzzled why its not main stream news yet.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yep, riiight, why have a false flag when you can simply run a false news story that ius unprovable either way......that way we can get on with taking Assad down...Turkey first, to make things legal...then allied with nato theyll together triumphantly murder the Assads and the rest of the pesky Alawaites, and well all go take a flying screw at Iran next..........
I would have to hear it confirmed from some other source than Saudi too........

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yep: And smearing Russia in the process to silence them for when We make a move. Nice observation.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

All Syrian enemies will now proceed

www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This needs to be taken with a big grain of salt. The Syrian rebels have been caught faking several incidents already, and this could be another one.

First, within a very short time of the shoot down, Turkish naval forces were in the area. Why did they find no evidence of the crew ejecting?

Second, the crew was reportedly found in or extremely close to the wreckage, which included portions of uniform, and other debris that certainly would have shown an ejection. How did the Syrians manage to get them back so close to the wreckage that the US ship, which had an expert deep salvage crew on board, couldn't tell that they had ejected?

Third, and the biggest of all, Turkish and US forces were known to be in the area on intel gathering missions. This included a US Air Force RC-135. The RC-135 is designed to eavesdrop on telephone calls, and intercept radio signals. How did this miss the automatic locator beacons that are attached to ejection seats, and go off whenever the seat is launched from the aircraft? Or any other signal that the pilots could use to radio for help. The Syrians would have had to have just about had the crew land on their boats to pull this off.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Update

Turkey Says Al-Arabiya Documents 'Fake'

“It is crystal clear that the documents published by Al-Arabiya are fake," wrote Erodgan’s advisor, Ibrahim Kalin, on his Twitter account. He added that “it is well known that intelligence documents do not look like this.”

here is the link
www.israelnationalnews.com...

join