It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I am against fire arms.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

If you dont like firearms you dont have to own one but you cant tell me I cant have one because you dont like them.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I do not think that comparing a highly addictive narcotic to firearms is a valid argument. If you are addicted to crack, you are already in the interlope world, so of course you will have absolutely no problem finding crack being highly addicted to it. Average Joe does not necessarily know where to go get a gun or have the will to go ask random people in the streets for guns. By banning gun we drastically limit the ability for one to get a gun.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
reply to post by AdamLaw

If you dont like firearms you dont have to own one but you cant tell me I cant have one because you dont like them.

No but I have the right to fight for them to be banned and will keep doing so until it is. Firearms are a plague to this country.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

Actually by banning guns you create a new mafia type organization. Since they are illegal you will see full automatic weapons of larger caliber. There are always unintended consequences. Criminals will get guns anyway. Taking them away from the law abiding citizen is not the answer. Guns actually feed a lot of people. Deer hunting is not just for fun. Deer meat fills freezers. Not to mention that our Interstates would be littered with dead bodies from collisions with an exploding population of deer.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

what makes you think firearms are a plague to this country? what do you have against legal firearm ownership?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamLaw
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I do not think that comparing a highly addictive narcotic to firearms is a valid argument. If you are addicted to crack, you are already in the interlope world, so of course you will have absolutely no problem finding crack being highly addicted to it. Average Joe does not necessarily know where to go get a gun or have the will to go ask random people in the streets for guns. By banning gun we drastically limit the ability for one to get a gun.

Average Joe would know where to go because the same people that deal drugs will begin to sell more guns then they already do. People are also addicted power and to have power one thing you need is guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by AdamLaw

No but I have the right to fight for them to be banned and will keep doing so until it is. Firearms are a plague to this country.

That's quite adorable of you. Lets for the sake of argument, say you won and guns were banned.Who is going to pay me for my loss when my guns are confiscated? I (like millions of others) have spent a LOT of money on firearms. You just want them takin' away at my loss????? How cute. You want my bows too?

There are millions of us hunters and we rely on our weapons to feed our families. What is wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Where do you guys think illegal firearms come from? The millions of illegal firearms currently in the United States did not get here by boat by Gun Lords.

15% of crimes with firearms were committed from stolen legally bought guns.
27% of firearms legally bought will have a crime associated with it in the following 2 years.

Criminal steal guns but it is nothing compared to the Biggest source of illegal guns , huge transactions with corrupted firearms dealers.

Thousands of firearms go "missing" or are "lost" each year.

Every illegal firearm has its roots in legally purchased gun by commercial firearms dealer at the top of the chain.

Ban them from buying/selling gun and you will see a significant decrease of criminals with guns.

The logic that only law abiding citizens will not have guns is completely flawed. People who want guns for criminal purposes will be affected the most.

edit on 1-10-2012 by AdamLaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9

reply to post by AdamLaw

That's quite adorable of you. Lets for the sake of argument, say you won and guns were banned.Who is going to pay me for my loss when my guns are confiscated? I (like millions of others) have spent a LOT of money on firearms. You just want them takin' away at my loss????? How cute. You want my bows too?

There are millions of us hunters and we rely on our weapons to feed our families. What is wrong with that?

I have nothing against hunting rifles if you are registered, licensed and have no criminal record or mental disease and that the gun is locked at all time if you are not hunting.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

I am against fire arms too....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by AdamLaw

I am against fire arms too....

I must say, you made me laugh.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

"15% of firearms crime were committed from stolen legally bought guns.
27% of firearms legally bought will have a crime associated with it in the following 2 years."

"The logic that only law abiding citizens will not have gone is completely flawed. People who want guns for criminal purposes will be affected the strongest. "

"I have nothing against hunting rifles if you are registered, licensed and have no criminal record or mental disease and that the gun is locked at all time if you are not hunting. "

so, the majority (legitimate purchasers and users of firearms) will be the least affected by the complete ban on firearms? where did these numbers come from by the way? i would like to see the source and it better not be the brady campaign website unless they link to an actual legitimate source.

and by your hunting rifle comment, that would be covered in a ban as well. i am also going to assume that you are against self defense by the same comment, is that correct?

also, those with felonies on their records already can not legally purchase a firearm, nor those with "mental disease", though i would assume you would lump those that own guns for personal use in to that category?
edit on 1-10-2012 by j230ns because: add the last part about the legality of felons owning firearms

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by j230ns
reply to post by AdamLaw

"15% of firearms crime were committed from stolen legally bought guns.
27% of firearms legally bought will have a crime associated with it in the following 2 years."

"The logic that only law abiding citizens will not have gone is completely flawed. People who want guns for criminal purposes will be affected the strongest. "

"I have nothing against hunting rifles if you are registered, licensed and have no criminal record or mental disease and that the gun is locked at all time if you are not hunting. "

so, the majority (legitimate purchasers and users of firearms) will be the least affected by the complete ban on firearms? where did these numbers come from by the way? i would like to see the source and it better not be the brady campaign website unless they link to an actual legitimate source.

and by your hunting rifle comment, that would be covered in a ban as well. i am also going to assume that you are against self defense by the same comment, is that correct?

also, those with felonies on their records already can not legally purchase a firearm, nor those with "mental disease", though i would assume you would lump those that own guns for personal use in to that category?
edit on 1-10-2012 by j230ns because: add the last part about the legality of felons owning firearms

Poor usage of sophism on your part but I will answer anyways when you can demonstrate how what i have said makes me an opponent of self defense?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

you claimed you had nothing against hunting rifles as long as they are locked up when you are not out hunting with it. i assume this means that you would be against it being used in self defense as getting it from a safe takes time and makes it more or less useless.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This young girl is very glad she was armed. She would be dead had she not been.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Adam, who is going to re-pay all of us gun owners for our loss?

Oh yeah, I have a nice pistol sitting behind my keyboard with two loaded magazines(scary, I know) as I type this. This pistol would do me no good if it was locked in a case and someone wanted to rob my shop!

Why are anti-gun people so scared of an unlocked gun?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

That page states the story is bogus.
How is this a point of discussion for either side?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

Question 1: In 2012, does the most militarized country in the world, with a budget of 700 billion dollars a year requires a well regulated militia with citizens armed and ready to protect the security of the State?

As has been said already. The military was established to protect the country from all enemies foreign and domestic, and that remains true despite the bastardization of that intent in recent years...

The second amendment stands as a protection of the right of citizens to protect themselves from just such a bastardization being turned on them.

So, yes, it does. With the definition of militia being the citizens being willing and able to protect the security of the country in which they live in.

Question 2: Is the 2nd amendment an individual’s right or a collective right?

Individual. But it applies to all individuals, so in a sense, it is collective. Only in certain circumstances is the right to own/bear firearms abrogated... A felony record is the only one that immediately jumps to mind. SCOTUS has reaffirmed that right in numerous cases brought before it.

Question 3: Should we conclude that the Second Amendment protects the individual right to possess rocket launchers, bazookas or tanks if the times we live in makes it militia relevant weaponry?

The Second Amendment says exactly that, in my not so humble opinion.

Now do I really want a bazooka/rocket launcher? Hell yes...I do. Not for any intent to use it to defend myself, but for the sheer perverse pleasure I would take from the double takes it would receive from certain anti-gun people in my life when they saw them hanging on my wall...

Do I need one? No. I don't.

Question 4: Should the United States Of America take an active role in preventing criminal crimes by revoking the right to bear arms to American citizens?

No. Because it would cease to be a United States that I want any part of, and would become a battle ground in many places. The sheer stupidity of such an idea usually leaves me speechless. I pity the poor LEO, or group of same, that attempts to enforce this sort of idiocy... Because few, if any, will have. There'd be lots of funerals. LEO and citizen alike... Not to mention the fact that many formerly law abiding citizens, such as myself, will suddenly become felons. Because I will not, under any circumstance, turn over my firearms.

Yes, I'm a gun nut. ...and as hard as you will fight to take 'em away? I'll fight just as hard for peoples rights to keep them, and to utilize them for legal purposes, or illegal should it come to pass that our own govt. turns on them.

So there you have my answers to your questions. I can't quote/won't quote Founding Fathers, or Supreme Court decisions at you...you're fully capable of finding them for yourself.

I know the intent behind the Second Amendment, which I consider the most important of the ten, as the writers wrote it.

Agree or disagree as it pleases you.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is not a bogus story. I remember it well. Had she not had a gun she would be dead and 2 murdering drifters would kill again.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
This young girl is very glad she was armed. She would be dead had she not been.

www.snopes.com...

How is one case relevant when talking about the future of a nation? What about the thousands of death caused by firearms each year in the country? Were they all glad their assassins had a gun?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join