It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonalds Monopoly Game; I Have Park Place, Anyone With Boardwalk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hello my people, so as the title says I have a Park Place piece in the monopoly game and was interested in making a deal with anyone who had its partner Boardwalk.

In the past I have had one or the the other but never get the missing piece.

And yes I know that eating McDonalds food is not healthy, hell even dangerous, but bad habits are hard to break.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Everyone probably has Park Place so the one person who gets Boardwalk will for sure have Park Place already. I think your out of luck on this one.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Boardwalk is the rarest piece so I doubt anyone has enough to trade one.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Is park place more prevalent than boardwalk?

I have had boardwalk in the past but never seen both in the same year.
edit on 29-9-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am not looking to trade.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

You have never had Boardwalk. If you did, you would have won the grand prize.
They dont alternate the key piece between the two.

If you did have boardwalk in the past, then I feel bad for you.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i have never seen a "winner" having both.

i'm sure for legal reasons they claim someone threw out by accident.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Isn't Boardwalk the piece that McDonalds Execs have in their wallet to mysteriously allow their favorite family or friend to find? err.. nvm..that was the last contest huh? They promised no to let such things happen again. My bad.

If I still ate the burger that can sit a month and still look fresh (
) I'd still wonder about the others playing a game known at least once to have been outright..ahem...directed toward outcome. Good luck to all who play though! Someone has to win....right?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Lol even here on a thread with no conspiratorial context the same "Photos or it never happened" mentality reigns.

I did have it in the past, lying would not gain me anything, so please just leave the negativity behind.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

If you had it and didn't use it, you lost out on a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I had Boardwalk once last time around...but I threw it in the garbage because I don't really play the game. Do those things really have a value?

Edit: I should also add I just try to find the free instant win prizes

edit on 29-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
reply to post by DIDtm

Lol even here on a thread with no conspiratorial context the same "Photos or it never happened" mentality reigns.

I did have it in the past, lying would not gain me anything, so please just leave the negativity behind.

Boardwalk, in the McDonald's game, is just like Boardwalk in Monopoly. It is the TRUMP piece, the most powerful, the most difficult to get and the most expensive to maintain. EVERY year Park Place is abundant, and ONE Boardwalk piece is printed.

I'm not calling you a liar, but if you had Boardwalk in the past and didn't cash in on your prize you lost out on a cool million.

For the record, I don't eat at McDonald's or play their game.. But it's been the same game for like, 20 years or so.. Since I was a kid.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by coven83

I had Boardwalk once last time around...but I threw it in the garbage because I don't really play the game. Do those things really have a value?

Edit: I should also add I just try to find the free instant win prizes

Park Place (#341), Boardwalk (#342) (1 Prize): $1,000,000 payable as an annuity. Boardwalk is the rare game piece. Winning the million-dollar prize by finding the rare Boardwalk place are 1 in 618,106,200.

Link.

You threw away 1 million dollars.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Oh crap really???

So I don't have to collect all the pieces in monopoly to win the million????!!! Just the one property?

Just read the link....
okay, NOW I am going to cry in a corner

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't bet on winning:

Fraud
In 2000, the US promotion was halted after fraud was uncovered. A subcontracting company called Simon Marketing (a then-subsidiary of Cyrk), which had been hired by McDonald's to organize and promote the game, failed to recognize a flaw in its procedures, and the chief of security, Jerome P. Jacobson,[1] was able to remove the most expensive game pieces, which he then passed to associates who would redeem them and share the proceeds.

The associates won almost all of the top prizes between 1995 and 2000, including McDonald's giveaways that did not have the Monopoly theme.

The associates netted over $24 million.

The scheme was uncovered when one of the participants informed the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Even though the fraud was perpetrated without McDonald's knowledge, the McDonald's Corporation voluntarily attempted to rectify the situation by issuing payouts to new (legitimate) winners, awarding five $1 million annuity prizes, and fifty $100,000 prizes over a five-day period.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Monopoly

Even if that doesn't happen, the rare pieces are so ridiculously rare the odds are better putting 20 bucks down on your local lottery. Less heart disease that way too!

We did a thread on it last year, one member also claimed that certain franchise locations had to pay more to get bigger winners...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Good info thx. I had no delusion I could win on my own, hence this thread. What I wanted was to split the prize with anyone who had the piece. I didn't realise they only made 1!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Good info thx. I had no delusion I could win on my own, hence this thread. What I wanted was to split the prize with anyone who had the piece. I didn't realise they only made 1!

of course they would make one if it was the grand prize, other wise they would have to pay out lots of money if people won it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

reply to post by boncho

of course they would make one if it was the grand prize, other wise they would have to pay out lots of money if people won it.

There is actually 3 made. but even still, the giveaway is probably still profitable for them. Because it's a marketing ploy, they will see increased revenue during the entire time the monopoly game is in session.

They could probably afford to throw in ten times the amount of boardwalks that go in there...

new topics

top topics

join