It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics is made up crap! (Mainly quantum mechanics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Now I'm not saying that ACTUAL TANGIBLE PHYSICS aren't real, like the velocity of a falling object on earth. I'm talking about higher level physics such as theorectical or quantum physics. String theory and all these other "theories" are just that. These higher up "scientists" such as Steven Hawking etc, are just playing with stupid greek letters that represent imagined ideas made up in the heads of people to represent abstract ideas in an equation that most the time they can't even prove!

Take for example the theory in quantum physics that explains electrons "teleport", so therefore teleportation and miniature black holes exist in between our universe in "bubbles". Just because an electron collidor beam and instruments aren't calibrated to see the extremely small spaces electrons travel around an atom's nucluei doesn't mean they are magically "teleporting" around the nuclues itselft. Just because TV's have "pixels" as the smallest measurement of objects they show on screen, doesn't mean that electrons "teleport" from pixel to pixel.
They could be traveling through actual "space" that's so small we can't even measure it. Space doesn't have pixels, so essentially an electron can travel through an infinite number of spaces while it's traveling around an atom's protons and neutrons. But that's just speculation on my part just like how other scientists "speculate".

Sure Einstein was great at imagining objects in space that's why he had larger glial cells in his brain. And all these people that claim that "Einstein invented" the atomic bomb, or a bunch of other theoretical physicists I just feel is misleading to the actual engineers and chemists that created the isotopes needed which were "real" and not some imaginary equation written in greek representing abstract ideas that scientist can arrogantly scoff at "regular" people that deal with things you can, feel, touch, manipulate etc.. who do most of the work for these inventions based off theoretical ideas that the "scientists at the top" could hardly even realize and comprehend because of their believes in imaginary equations.

Anyways that's my rant for the day. I'm not saying that all these foreign greek equations are all false, but the most extreme that sound so important to mankinds "ultimate knowledge" ultimately are useless.

Now as somebody that has a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Sciences, which he had to change from Biochemistry because his college dropped it while he was in the middle of the program, who also holds a minor in Zoology and Psychology, can anybody refute my claims, or discuss why they're right in an easy to understand language for me and everybody else?
edit on 29-9-2012 by Swing80s because: grammar

edit on 29-9-2012 by Swing80s because: made title more specific

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

You should change your title to include "quantum" physics.

Regular "tangible" physics is how we understand the "reality" around us and does not represent the hypothetical theories of overpaid theorists.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yeah but with the emphasis on physics nowadays being some magical force that only super genius can understand other than layman I think everybody needs to read it. Hell we can come up with an equation for gravity but we can't even explain it. But I can explain E/I*R.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

can anybody refute my claims

Near as I can tell, you haven't actually made any claims. Just complaints that you don't understand the math involved with quantum mechanics.

or discuss why they're right in an easy to understand language for me and everybody else?

Nope. Not unless you understand the math. But look at it this way, your computer wouldn't work unless the math of quantum mechanics is right.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
When QM scientists talk of theories like 12 or 13 other dimensions and there are countless copies of me and you out there, and blacks holes are portals where other galaxies and Universes are found.

I say, COME ON! Really, it's like they built crazy theories on top of other crazy theories, and build more on top of those, like the Chinese telephone of science.

I like the KISS theory of the Universe.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I never heard anyone claim that Einstein invented the Atomic Bomb, I think that honor went to J. Robert Oppenheimer.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Einstein>Oppenheimer>ACTUAL CHEMISTS THAT MADE THE ISOTOPES OF PLUTONIUM AND URANIUM and ENGINEERS THAT DESIGNED IT. You can't say that the first 2 theoretical physicists "invented" the A-Bomb on a piece of paper? Can you really say that?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I agree exactly with you, it's all a bunch of unprovable theories written in an uncomprehinsible language specially made so we can't call them crazy fools.

I do agree that the less extreme theories from some of them helped the world but those could probably tie in with actual physics like somebody was saying to me, Satellites, GPS, etc...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

No but Einstein's theory did help lead to the bomb. In 1905, as part of his Special Theory of Relativity, he made the intriguing point that a large amount of energy could be released from a small amount of matter. This was expressed by the equation E=mc2 (energy = mass times the speed of light squared). The atomic bomb would clearly illustrate this principle.

edit on 29-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Exactly but the theory of relativy is about BIG things not SMALL things like quantum mechanics

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Does light have mass?

It is effected by gravity. So then it should have mass. But if it has mass and it's travelling at the speed of light then it would have infinite mass, but it does not.

Well all that "wacky" theoretical physics is needed to explain or try to explain the above conundrum, for one.

If you want time travel, teleportation or warp drive. Then all that "useless" physics is necessary.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You might want to get your basic facts straight before trying to make your argument.

Einstein had very little to do with the atomic bomb project. He wrote a letter to Roosevelt encouraging him to fund the research necessary to develop the bomb and that's about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can't find anybody that can explain to me why the theories of quantum mechanics isn't total B.S. Besides all these people that think they're so smart, why can't we tie in Relativity and Quantum theory? They're totally opposite of each other unless you invent something nonexistant like "Dark Matter".

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it is "made up". Everything in science started as a theory at one point or another. I'm sure everything they think isn't necessarily true, but I'm sure much of it will turn out to be. I don't begin to imply that I know anything about high level physics. But that doesn't make it all BS.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

Exactly what I was talking about in my post above I just wish John_bmth would come here and enlighten us since I'm a physic's tard.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I'm mostly talking about Quantum physics and ESPECIALLY it's relationship to Relativity.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundreez

The creation of the atomic bomb was a group effort. No one man invented it.

Bethe, Szilard, Oppenheimer, Fermi, were some of the big names involved.

If you want to give credit to one guy give it to Szilard. He visualized the concept for the bomb while standing at a streetlight.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The rise in anti-intellectualism is down right frightening.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join