It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believers in after life, do you really think reincarnation takes place, why or why not?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

I do and have pondered much about, and came to believe in reincarnation. For me it is the only thing that makes sense.

God created us, in His image. This is not to say He is a homo sapien, but that we are but sparks of His divine essence. I think at this point He instilled us with free will, and left us to our own devices to learn and grow. We do this by inhabiting a mortal body. When we left Him, we were in perfect form, but in time, by inhabiting mortal bodies, we have acquired karmic "baggage". And now, with this baggage, we cannot return in perfect form to His presence.

With every action that one does, if there be either harm or help to another, there is a new possibility of a karmic interaction, and potentially a karmic cycle may be launched.

Karma dictates that one is bound to the ones with whom one has a karmic inbalance. In another life, the situation will be reversed, and the tables will be turned, all in order to re-aquire the balance. This will continue, until the cycle is broken through forgiveness from both sides in the equation.

That being said, I think we probably are bound most tightly to those nearest us. Your immediate family, spouse, children. These are the ones with whom one should try to resolve (not ignore) life's issues. These are the ones we all should be slathering the most forgiveness on. These are the easiest and most immediate karmic cycles that can be broken.

In the meantime, we make our own hell. Our true goal, and we need a constant reminder, is to improve ourselves so that we are pure once more. Impossible for all but the truly enlightened, to which we need all aspire.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Have you noticed something yet ?

The vast majority of replies have all been based on Beliefs.. Religous or Philosophical Beliefs.

So far only a couple of people have offered information from real and direct experience that exists outside of All Beliefs.

In which case, instead of trying to work out what you Believe... why not start working at having your own real and direct experiences.. then there will be no NEED for you to be Limited by Beliefs.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
That was my other question but this came to mind first. Something along the lines of "If energy is not created or destroyed then where did it come from?" For some reason I'm just more concerned if I'm going to be with people I love and if my husband WILL NOT BECOME my son LOL or whatever odd role.

Why are there people out there who undergo transgender procedures like men that like to dress up in lipstick and drag, and women who injecti testosterone to become like men. There is nothing in neurobiology that really explains why a person chooses to be gay or not.

Is it all just a coincidence? I don't think so. If anything the PL explanation would make sense out of alot of things like these cases.

As far as your husband becoming son etc..., well that's gotta suck but it's alot less controversial than being born on different political sides, ie: Osama bin laden born an evangelical christian in america and vice versa...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yes, my grandad is now a robin.

That is all.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

The vast majority of replies have all been based on Beliefs.. Religous or Philosophical Beliefs.

So far only a couple of people have offered information from real and direct experience that exists outside of All Beliefs.

In which case, instead of trying to work out what you Believe... why not start working at having your own real and direct experiences.. then there will be no NEED for you to be Limited by Beliefs.

Yes experience is the most important, but let's be fair how many people here want to share personal details of their past life memories to complete strangers? Maybe some but not all. I certainly as hell wouldn't because trust is important for me and I wouldn't share sensitive information about myself to just anybody.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrezo

Yes experience is the most important, but let's be fair how many people here want to share personal details of their past life memories to complete strangers? Maybe some but not all. I certainly as hell wouldn't because trust is important for me and I wouldn't share sensitive information about myself to just anybody.

I second this...well said...redrezo.

[The vast majority of replies have all been based on Beliefs.. Religous or Philosophical Beliefs.

So far only a couple of people have offered information from real and direct experience that exists outside of All Beliefs.]

...the conclusion is informed by the erroneous opening assumptions...

A99
edit on 2-10-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I think the point of my post has been missed.

It is about doing the practice, learning and remembering in order to Know, rather than simply accepting what others have said, either from Belief or Experience. This does not require sharing anything with anyone on a forum.

So is better to Experience and Know than to attach to any Belief-System... and summise or theorise.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I think the point of my post has been missed.

It is about doing the practice, learning and remembering in order to Know, rather than simply accepting what others have said, either from Belief or Experience. This does not require sharing anything with anyone on a forum.

So is better to Experience and Know than to attach to any Belief-System... and summise or theorise.

I looked at your website pretty interesting, I have to say I agree with what you wrote regarding negs/etc (not just incorporeal but physical as well) and is part of the reason I want to keep as much information about myself as possible outside of ATS.

But back to the point, I do believe it is important to maintain an open non-judgemental mind. It doesn't mean though you have to discard belief just not be attached to what you believe. There is a distinction between the two.

Belief is important in the sense of realizing would could be beyond the experience that we have now, and that's where faith comes in (non-dogmatic kind hopefully). But of course you know some people they practice but they may never come to any experiences, either because they have a mentality that is against mystical experience (skeptics) and then people who are so left-brain dominant that it would be very difficult to get to that point without having 'faith' that process works.

Also sometimes these experiences happen spontaneously like it has for me, so it's not necessarily something that's limited to practice I think.

edit on 2-10-2012 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I practice Falun Dafa cultivation (an advanced form of Qi Gong) where one has the objective of reaching enlightenment by following Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance in daily life while practicing some simple Qi Gong exercises and meditation.

At my level of understanding after you reach enlightenment you can save people near to you directly to your paradise, you will have that power I believe. In any case, if you originally were a cosmic body you had neighbours and family members etc and those are likely near to you as human beings today. So by gradually improving your character and improving your body you will climb back up to that dimension which is your original home.

Just my understanding, no truth rom me and I can no represent Falun Dafa in any way.

Some links to other research:

Proof of reincarnation

Transmigration

To me it is obvious that each peson carries sopecific amounts of karma(black stuff) and virtue(white stuff) and his life is arranged according to his previous deeds. I had huge karma in this lifetime and suffered tremendous pains to be able to pay back my karma and transform it into virtue. However, with alot of black stuff you tend to do more bad deeds too so it is a negative loop pulling you down. WIíth alot of white studd you will get rich, famous or powerful and then it is plausible you will think highly of yourself...

So life is suffering and only cultivation in an orthodox school of body and mind cultivation can help you get out of it all - just my two cents. Ie meditating in double Lotus was unthinkable for me unti l I had practiced for a year - suddenly I could do it because my karma had become less.

My simple advice to evryone is this:

If you want a good future, please remember the following seven wors and keep them in your heart when it gets rough:

Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Humans are ego-centric, we think we are the only form of intelligent life in the universe, we think Souls are Human Souls.

I do not know if this is really true. At least it is not for me. I know trees have souls, and I am pretty sure even a rock has a soul - some people are not aware.

If you do believe in reincarnation, if you have a choice as who or what to come back as, what would this be?

I would enjoy being a piece of basalt at the bottom of Lake Superior.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
The biggest issue I have with the theory of reincarnation is this. There are basically more people alive right now, than have ever lived combined. So if reincarnation is real, then where did all of the extra people come from now?

Unfortunately, that is not true at all. Estimates vary, but right now there are 7 billion people on Earth. How many people have ever lived? 107 billion. So there's no real reason to answer your question because the premis is false. If that's your biggest issue, well, then. It needn't be.

Also, you are assuming a 1:1 ratio of "soul" to "incarnation." One theory of reincarnation involves the concept of an "oversoul." The idea is that when we die, we, personally, do not come back to earth at all. Instead, we send a new soul to experience "X." This new soul may very well remember some of what it was like to be you, but it is a separate entity. And if you can send on, you can send several, It's kind of like multi-level marketing. So once again, worrying the number of souls isn't really necessary.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by straddlebug

I would enjoy being a piece of basalt at the bottom of Lake Superior.

Yeah, but can you take the pressure?
A thought I had last night while thinking about this reincarnation thing:

If I as I know I am self aware, I am me and I could just as well not be me, and as just as well not exist, but I do;
why though?
And when I die, why can I not be self aware again someday?

What is me, that can see, I can learn, I am aware. WHY, I did not have to exist, yet I do, I am typing this and YOU are aware of me having typed this because you are you, you exist too, but why, we did not have to be born, and if we were not born, would we have awareness in another body?

Questions I can not answer.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Toadmund because: .....................................................................

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I didn't quite understand that question. Why are you aware? Is that what you're asking?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Did you read my last line? You and me both.

It's really a question whose weight depends on the individual thinking it.
If you wonder why as an individual you are aware that you are alive, does that not blow you away?
There is a whole Universe out there, and I am here, you are there, and we know about it, but we don't have to know anything, we just as easily could not have existed, but we do and we are aware.

WHY? I think as I sit here, there is a bigger chance that I could never have existed in a Universe that is infinite.
The Universe took billions of years or perhaps an eternity to make me or you and we weren't aware of it until now.

Take a moment and think about all that as you slowly become more and more blown away.
Really, just sit and ponder that.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Imagine you came down here into the ultimate suffering as a human being for a reason. The reason?

You wanted to be saved so you could go back home after the upcoming catastrophe. Everyone knows this world is not sustainable in the longterm, so who can be saved when higher powers decide to transform this society?

Only the good people can remain in hte future if you ask me, all prophecies talk about a division between good and bad people at the endtimes. All religions have become more or less corrupted, we have a warped culture, atheism, materialism, selfishness etc etc. The whole world looks like there is nothing good but it is really not true.

I discoverred that there really isa positive force to this world, and it is called Falun Dafa(was published for mankind in 1992), is free of charge, has no membership and all information can be downloaded for free at this website: Falun Dafa

While I have spent my last few years improving my health, stamina and character by leaps and bounds I am aware that many people are not as lucky as I am. That is why I really would like to help those who want to be helped.

I could not believe there was such a pure land in this modern world but there really is. Please go in and read the book Zhuan Falun and you will understand what human life is all about, where we head after "death" etc etc.

Most importantly you have the chance to improve your future destiny by improving your character in daily life while being alive - then it is too late to change anything.

Just my two cents, I wish everyone the very best in the future and I have no truth to offer, I just recommend people to keep an open mind.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq

Only the good people can remain in hte future if you ask me, all prophecies talk about a division between good and bad people at the endtimes. All religions have become more or less corrupted, we have a warped culture, atheism, materialism, selfishness etc etc. The whole world looks like there is nothing good but it is really not true.

yes and no, it is not religion that becomes corrupt it is the people themselves that become corrupt through delusion. I disagree with the assertion that all religions are corrupt. I am in the minority when it comes to religious pluralism but imo any creed or religion that ascribes to a strong code of ethics and has elite practictioners (saints) who truly show the fruits of geniune spiritual practice is a legitimate faith (ie: st. Francis of Assissi, shirdi sai ba ba, etc..).

Yes prophecies talk about times that get better, but if you think of the not so distance past, toilets weren't invented, cars didn't exist and warfare has always been endemic to the human condition and genocides regularly took place. People look at the past with a warped sense of nostalgia without looking at the warts.

And anyone who believes in these prophecies have to stop deluding themselves that they will be saved and actually start working on humbling themselves for once and consciously work towards correcting their own character flaws instead of looking at others as wicked people who will perish or whatever.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

If a religion divides people then it is not "good" imo.

Evil has got to be eradicated and the light will overcome it in the end.

This is why the spirit has to keep coming back, so we can grow to our full potential toward the light.

Evil deeds manifested by people who seek self wealth at the expense of their brother/sister can be a person of any religion, race, or what have you. Being a "christian" will not "save" you in this instance.

If you go against the good order of nature.... you are manifesting evil into the material world.

Look around today and you will spot the ones who are manifesting such. These people have more to learn and will not graduate when the times comes for higher learning.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If you go against the good order of nature.... you are manifesting evil into the material world.

Evil and good are purely perspectives. Take absolutely ANYTHING that is evil, and there is a benefit, however small. That means it isn't purely evil, right? Now, consider the background and culture this evil came from. Do they view it as evil, or as good? Usually, when someone calls something "evil" or "good", they are putting their own benefit, or the benefit of those whom they care about, over the benefit or opinions of others. It's judgment.

Good and evil are labels applied according to how we feel about something. In fact, evil and good are more reflective of ourselves than of the situation or creature/object we are describing. When you realize this, you realize the true nature of good/evil, otherwise known as polarity.
edit on 3-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Evil and good are purely perspectives. Take absolutely ANYTHING that is evil, and there is a benefit, however small. That means it isn't purely evil, right? Now, consider the background and culture this evil came from. Do they view it as evil, or as good? Usually, when someone calls something "evil" or "good", they are putting their own benefit, or the benefit of those whom they care about, over the benefit or opinions of others. It's judgment.

Good and evil are labels applied according to how we feel about something. In fact, evil and good are more reflective of ourselves than of the situation or creature/object we are describing. When you realize this, you realize the true nature of good/evil, otherwise known as polarity.
edit on 3-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I agree...

Had you had quoted all I said in regards to "evil" you would see it was coupled with the plural word "deeds".

Good comes out of "evil" deeds, no doubt. Its a scale I envision that can be weighted down on either side.

Either way.... the scale has to balance.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

As I see it, do an evil deed today and you might benefit in the short term, materially. In the longterm perspective the Universe will balance everything and you accumulate black karma while doing an evil deed. That black karma has to be paid back by suffering in the future(and more suffering the longer you wait to pay back). So wisdom means haveing a lonterm perspective, realizing that it is ok if I don´t get anything in this lifetime since I will receive my due rewards afterwards.

What is belief in a God? As I see it that means believing in a specific Universe that he embodies in another dimension. In believe there is a misunderstanding, belief in an almighty God means belief in the Being who embodies the biggest Universe out there.

Saying one does not believe in any divine spirit would amount to saying: "I do not want to live in the Universe anymore since I don´t accept you as my Master.". Where could such a person go after death?..

That is why I tend to say to people, have a belief in something and also have belief in kindness to others. Then you will become a good person. Of course, Falun Dafa is here now, we have 2012 and one should know about these things and that they are good and exciting things coming up, prophesied throughout the ages.

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join