It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was asked why I loathe Romney besides. Here's why not...counting any policy or Bain.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I tend to lean right, but I will admit. Romney is an easy guy to not like.

He does kind of come across as the CEO-kind-of-guy that would outsource his mom if he could find an old lady in a 3rd world country that would bake him cookies and not except a phone call on Christmas.

Last election, before McCain got the nomination I was watching an interview with Charles Krauthammer and they asked him why people don't like Romney. Charles said, "Look, he's good looking, he has nice hair and teeth, he was born rich and went on to become very rich. What's to like?!"

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by brettrix
i will tell you why I dislike Romney. I am a republican from Arizona and was a state delegate to our convention. During the convention Romney and his campaign, cheated, deceived and disenfranchised hundreds of precinct committeemen and women. We are republicans and we just couldn't understand why he would need to cheat if he was such a sure thing... as it was, the ron paul campaign won about 7 of 15 delegate spots yet after Romney changed the rules and cheated, we were left with only 2 delegates... the list of wrongs is too long to deal with here but I am honest when i say he has no character, no moral compass and wants to win at all costs... but in so doing - he will lose.

additionally, since i am a republican pc and donor, my name got on Romney's mailing list and in his correspondence to me he played his cards and lost. He decided to send me a 8x11 glossy of him on some farm and i just puked... like i really want a picture of him? So the most important reason I could not vote for him is his vanity. I think vanity / pride is a deadly sin... and i can't vote for that.

This made me laugh. We got this same photo. My wife opened the big envelope and she said, " Seriously? What an egomaniacal jerk." Like we all want a glossy photo of handsome old Mitt to hang in our halls like we are North Koreans paying homage to our Dear leader. He spend lots of money on that fat mailer and I am sure most people -- even his supporters -- had the same reaction.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I tend to lean right, but I will admit. Romney is an easy guy to not like.

He does kind of come across as the CEO-kind-of-guy that would outsource his mom if he could find an old lady in a 3rd world country that would bake him cookies and not except a phone call on Christmas.

Last election, before McCain got the nomination I was watching an interview with Charles Krauthammer and they asked him why people don't like Romney. Charles said, "Look, he's good looking, he has nice hair and teeth, he was born rich and went on to become very rich. What's to like?!"

Then there's also the strained chuckle that appears every few minutes, his apparent lack of empathy with people that aren't wealthy and above all there's that bloody story about his dog in that crate on the roof of his car. That story still makes me so damn angry!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Then there's also the strained chuckle that appears every few minutes, his apparent lack of empathy with people that aren't wealthy and above all there's that bloody story about his dog in that crate on the roof of his car. That story still makes me so damn angry!

I just gave our dog a bath a few hours ago. She a big, fit Weimaranar but looks so meek and beaten whenever she's in the bath. I found myself thinking about Romney's dog in that crate atop his car for 16 hours. It's beyond me how he could have done that. Even after it was clear the dog was literally scared sh*tless, the bastard just hosed him down and continued on. I mean, the man clearly has issues deep in his soul. I am starting to buy in on the Aspergers thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
I just gave our dog a bath a few hours ago. She a big, fit Weimaranar but looks so meek and beaten whenever she's in the bath. I found myself thinking about Romney's dog in that crate atop his car for 16 hours. It's beyond me how he could have done that. Even after it was clear the dog was literally scared sh*tless, the bastard just hosed him down and continued on. I mean, the man clearly has issues deep in his soul. I am starting to buy in on the Aspergers thing.

I know exactly what you mean. My wife and I have a cockapoo puppy (half Cocker Spaniel, half minature poodle) and I was drying her off this evening after a walk in the rain. The thought of putting her in a crate and sticking her on top of the car makes my blood boil. And I agree - the Aspergers thing is starting to make sense to me. My wife has taught a number of kids with Aspergers and its more than possible that Romney has a mild case of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Obama gets your vote for... what exactly? Increasing 6 trillion on the debt. Covering up Fast-n-Furious for his buddy Holder. Intel leaks from the White House that have gotten friends and allies killed and imprisoned. Ignoring the calls from our personal for increased security in the Mid East and changing the story. Giving out more executive orders than all other past presidents combined. Allowing the fed to ruin our currency by overprinting dollars, at this point in time >1.2 trillion and climbing. Talking sweet to our enemies while showing contempt for our allies.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Obama gets your vote for... what exactly? Increasing 6 trillion on the debt. Covering up Fast-n-Furious for his buddy Holder. Intel leaks from the White House that have gotten friends and allies killed and imprisoned. Ignoring the calls from our personal for increased security in the Mid East and changing the story. Giving out more executive orders than all other past presidents combined. Allowing the fed to ruin our currency by overprinting dollars, at this point in time >1.2 trillion and climbing. Talking sweet to our enemies while showing contempt for our allies.

Economy is not in recession any more, to borrow a phrase "GM is alive and bin Laden is dead", Obama is a net grower of jobs now, he's trying to repair the damage from the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression... where do you want me to stop?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Obama gets your vote for... ?
Not being Romney!
Gonna gamble on no second line.. nvm.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A few points of correction and a few additions to your list:

1. It was Reagan and Bush II that started the 'free phones' giveaways. It was meant at first as a safety mechanism for women in abusive situations and turned into a way to make sure people would have phone numbers to be able to get jobs (no phone is about the same as no address if you're looking for work); and they are limited to 200 minutes a month, which can be used up pretty quickly if someone puts you on hold. They are paid for with a few pennies tax on cell phone users (or a donation by the cell companies, however you want to figure it).

2. In addition to the haircutting incident, which is assault and battery, BTW, Romney also reportedly led a nearly blind teacher into a closed door, on purpose. The other kids who shared a dorm with him termed it "Lord of the Flies". Either of these incidents should have gotten him thrown out of school and obviously his father being governor of the state played a big part in nothing happening to him. Shame, maybe he would have learned something.

3. The missionary work in France: I've posted this before here but bear with me. Romney was involved in a fatal car accident while he was there avoiding the draft and annoying the locals. There were either five or six people (the reports are not clear) crammed into a Citroen and Mitt was driving. He was not considered at fault, a drunken local pastor trying to pass a truck slammed into him head-on. The wife of the mission president who was sitting right next to Mitt died instantly. Mitt was declared dead at the scene by the first arriving official. Turns out he was in a coma for two to three days, and took nearly a year to recover. He was in France for three years, not two, because of this. When he finally returned to the States, Ann said he 'was a different person'. Now this may explain his stiffness, it may explain why he 'doesn't remember' cutting off that kid's hair and other things, or maybe he's just a liar.

It really does bring into question which though, and whether he has latent neurological damage.

4. You didn't mention that he apparently stole (he said his father gave it to him but I find that very hard to believe) a Michigan police uniform from his father's security detail and used it on more than one occasion to impersonate a police officer in both Michigan and later on in California where he was going to college. He told friends he liked to put a light on top of his rambler and 'pull people over'. At the time he was doing this, there was a rapist/murderer in the news doing the same thing and as any cop will tell you, this not only is extremely against the law, it's quite the perfect situation for disastrous outcomes. How would you feel if you, or your daughter were pulled over at night by a fake cop??? Can any one of you even consider doing this, for a second??

The man is neurologically questionable and his behavior before and after his accident call into question his lack of conscience as well as memory. He's a sociopath and possibly a psychopath, people who are famously known for 'faking' normal human behavior, often of high intelligence, who can be very charming, but the psychopathy shows in small ways at times as they can't fake normalcy 24/7. Too bad we don't order mental health examinations of our politicians, I wonder how many would pass?

To be clear, I voted for Obama last time (McCain and Palin were impossible to support) and I'm voting for Gary Johnson this time. As far as I can tell, the man is sane, intelligent, and warmly human. He would represent the US well in foreign issues and has the resume to prove he can bring the budget into some kind of balance. I just feel Obama is out of his league and although at times a good man, he's also broken enough Constitutional laws as to be a war criminal at this point.

One addendum: Romney tried to use the horse as a 77K business expense deduction. It was disavowed by the IRS.
edit on 4-10-2012 by signalfire because: addendum

edit on 4-10-2012 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I know its gonna be a partial conversation but still hoping for fair one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join