It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ats members bring disclosure to theses top 10 Unexplained phenomena

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Even with my ability i cant figure out 7 of these 'Unexplained phenomena' I need help.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; *please post one or two paragraphs, *a link to the entire story, *AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
LINK

edit on 29-9-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Many members on ATS are unable to watch video.

You should list them.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

if you can explain them you'd win the nobel prize.

edit on 29-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Placebo Effect - If you believe in it, if your belief is powerful enough, your mind will make it happen. There is power to thoughts. This is a proven science.

Nacebo Effect - same principle as above, except your body is reacting to continuous negativity. Thoughts and biology are very closely linked.

The Lithium Problem - The Big Bang theory is as full of holes as Creationism is. We just haven't given ourselves enough time to figure it out.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Some of us choose not to watch video clips even if we can because most of them on the site are full of spam and can take ages to watch, whereas reading is quicker.

If you can't be bothered to list what you are showing then don't expect too many answers.

I'd love to read this so I'll come back later.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Some of us choose not to watch video clips even if we can because most of them on the site are full of spam and can take ages to watch, whereas reading is quicker.

If you can't be bothered to list what you are showing then don't expect too many answers.

I'd love to read this so I'll come back later.

Didn’t know that ,I will change the thread so it can fit those who are in need of words instead of videos. Sorry for that, first time I ever heard of this.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
De-ja-vu.

That one always gets me.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Those are some pretty nice mysteries.

I cant understand for the life of me, as to why some people dont like science. The real answers to these questions, would truly be amazing.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Didn’t know that ,I will change the thread so it can fit those who are in need of words instead of videos. Sorry for that, first time I ever heard of this.

A lot of people come on ATS on their phones or while they are at work. They cannot watch, and people with dial up modems probably can't either.

This isn't anything new though. I see it in almost every single thread that starts with a youtube video, and has little summary. If you read the terms and conditions of ATS you will notice that you're supposed to at least summarize the video and write what you think about it.

This specific video would just need a list of 10 things that we havn't figured out.
edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Placebo Effect - If you believe in it, if your belief is powerful enough, your mind will make it happen. There is power to thoughts. This is a proven science.

Nacebo Effect - same principle as above, except your body is reacting to continuous negativity. Thoughts and biology are very closely linked.

The Lithium Problem - The Big Bang theory is as full of holes as Creationism is. We just haven't given ourselves enough time to figure it out.

Have you ever tried the Placebo Effect?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No, because I don't believe in it.

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

...sorry, hard to resist.
in any case, you should be more familiar with it than I am. Christianity is classic Placebo. And no, I'm not getting any further into that discussion on this thread. If you want, start another devoted specifically to the topic.
edit on 29-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Didn't one of your parents ever kiss your pains away ? Do you believe in homeopathy ? Are you religious ?

In any case read about Hypnosis (Wikibook), it is all connected.

What the mind believes often becomes true, as it is the only repository for the representation of reality and the sense of self.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
10) Outer solar system "space rock" swept by Gas giant "Brooms". Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus have high gravity fields, they are doing a wonderful job all by themselves. If there was a Planet X, we would have detected it by the gravity effect it has on the rest of the solar system by now.

9) Placebo effect is proof of the will of the mind to influence the body. The two are connected you know.

8) Bloop. Undersea volcanic, seismic event... or both.

7) Nocebo -- same as Placebo

3) Because axis of earth was different. Thats why tropical clime fossils are found in Antarctica. Axis shift caused by impactor?

1) The Ultimate Black Hole

The others appear to be something wrong with the theories about the big bang. Undiscovered science.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Not to worry. I think that some are on Mobile phones which might not view videos. They have to wait till they get home. Some are at work, where YouTubes are disconnected so they will have to wait till they get home too.

Bwah wah.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As stated above, that's a pretty slim OP. Nothing to be proud of.

and, there are many of us that don't watch videos, but love to read. A list of the ten in your OP would've been great. I did watch the video, and had several theories to post, but by the end of the video, I had forgotten several of them, and would have to rewatch the video again, but alas, on this laptop it takes a while to cache. Not worth it for a three minute video.

Well, dark flow was interesting. I'm off to research that.

Try posting in words, and you'll get better responses.

The bloop, U want to figure out as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
10 and 2 dont make sense

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Dark flow:

Uhm, it appears the dark flow theory was cast into doubt..

"This is one of the strongest recent papers that works against the dark flow claim," said physicist William Kinney of University at Buffalo in New York who has published previous work challenging the dark flow results.

and here.

Mysterious, unseen structures on the outskirts of creation most likely aren't tugging on our universe, according to a new study. The paper reexamines "dark flow"—an unusual, one-way motion of matter—using measurements of supernovae and the existing laws of physics.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would blame the lack of rocks outside of our solar system on the gravity of our solar system.

There is also a similar lack of stars when you exit our galaxy, until you approach another galaxy.

Gravity is the culprit. I don't believe in Planet X.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Not to worry. I think that some are on Mobile phones which might not view videos. They have to wait till they get home. Some are at work, where YouTubes are disconnected so they will have to wait till they get home too.

Bwah wah.

And some of us have internet service providers which disallow or hinder the use of video on account of bandwidth usage.

Try going a kilobyte over the fair access policy for internet service that you pay over $50 a month for and being penalized for 25 days with a max d/l speed of 1.2 Kbps - that's the punishment for going just a byte over "fair access" *which is a load anyway, but we do not have access to other internet service around here*.

And Mr. Prophet, what abilities do you claim to have if you are unable to come up with multiple scenarios in which people might require access to your information via text?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join