It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Oldest Known Art Identified, Is 15,000 Years Old

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
When I saw this thread I was a little excited for
an update. More Pictures and things like that
but its still the same article from 2007

Either way great thread to bring back a subject from the past

here is a link to a post from 2009
that gave a link to the same article
post (link)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
I believe they are saying that the art is similar to that produced in Europe, ie despictions of animals - but without detailed images that not possible to determine.

It is certainly stylistically very similiar to Altamira and Lascaux, but that it is carved and not painted is of more interest to me. I suppose it is likely, as we have seen with those painted caves, that they are far more vulnerable not only to incursions of airborne fungi, since both the European examples had been sealed prior to modern discovery, but as we have seen at Gilf Kebir, the vandalism and stupidity of modern human intrusion. But of the other carved examples, such as those at La Marche and Roc-aux-Sorciers, there seems to be a greater degree of expressionism, and particularly at La Marche, of a wish to express the human form. This find in Egypt, seems somewhat static by comparison.

But as you say, we need to await further publication and more detailed photographs. Presumably, as the poster above points out, since they are rehashing an earlier article, those currently engaged in it's study are in search of the funding to do just that. Let's hope that they garner enough interest to do so, and indeed to ensure that the carvings are preserved and protected.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

3n19m470...your such a 4n20m471 in 3n19m470 clothing!!

so 15,000 yrs ago a dude carved a cow...then went back under the rock...and emerged in 3,100 bc to admire his work

lol...id rather win in an imaginary game, than live in one....

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, since they say in Gobekli Tepe carvings are 10.000 BC, it is getting closer to Altamira and Lascaux time.
So, maybe people from mid Europe learned this from mid Eastern people 15.000 years ago and had to draw in caves because it was religiously inappropriate?

Seriously, all possibilities are in play right now.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

so how many things have the gnostics now claimed to be from before 10,500 BC...honestly, theyve racked up loads of BS...

none of this BS is from an antideluvean time.....none of it.

sheese lewise....

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Cool find

However, some of the art of the Chauvet cave in France dates to 30,000 BC (also depicting various animals) and we have similarly dated, if not older rock art here in Australia (most likely the world's oldest at this point). So i see no superficial reasoning to dispute the dating of this Egyptian find. Cool stuff though!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
Cool find

However, some of the art of the Chauvet cave in France dates to 30,000 BC (also depicting various animals) and we have similarly dated,

30,000 really....the people have gone mad...

lets change that to 3,000....then i might get some sleep tonight

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

lol.. are you trolling? Pick up a book.. may i suggest "People of the earth" by Brian Fagan as a good start

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Well, since they say in Gobekli Tepe carvings are 10.000 BC, it is getting closer to Altamira and Lascaux time.
So, maybe people from mid Europe learned this from mid Eastern people 15.000 years ago and had to draw in caves because it was religiously inappropriate?

Seriously, all possibilities are in play right now.

I believe this is much closer to what actually happened, in the old stone age humanity would have been much more a 'one human family' precisely because their numbers were much smaller. And with lower sea levels travel between these places wouldn't have been as difficult. Literally it follows that they were closer to being one people, than what has transpired over the millennia and humanity has continued to fragment into so many more groups.

There are likely other factors accounting for such seeming similarities between these disparate places and 'peoples', as well/

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
First off,

second, Hanslune, how amazing!! I know it was a very different landscape ages ago, but for a lot of people, it's difficult to grasp the concept that the inhospitable desert used to be comfortably liveable at one point. I can only imagine what it looked like then the rock art was carved--what I wouldn't give for a time machine to see it. That kind of perspective in the first person would be absolutely priceless to historical study, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
When I saw this thread I was a little excited for
an update. More Pictures and things like that
but its still the same article from 2007

Either way great thread to bring back a subject from the past

here is a link to a post from 2009
that gave a link to the same article
post (link)

Howdy

Yep my mistake but to redeem myself I done penance by eating cold Paysandu tongue and provide some up to date information on the site...below

This PDF is from Dirk Huyge the main researcher at the Qurta II site, lots of diagrams and pictures of the art

2009 PDF on Late Palaeolithic and Epipalaeolithic
Rock Art in Egypt: Qurta and El-Hosh

Associated with the rock art is the Late Palaeolithic settlement, the most important of which are GS-III at a distance of only about 150 to 200m from the rock art and may have provided the artists

More information on ‘Ice Age’ art along the Nile

More information on Qurta rock art from 2008 ‘Ice Age’ art along the Nile

Egyptian Archaeology, an ebook by edited by Willeke Wendrich with lots of information of Qurta and other ice art in Egypt.

Ebook on Egyptian Rock art 2011

edit on 1/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

More confused comments from the Pharaoh! Thank you Pharaoh for your contribution

-------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by thePharaoh
loads of BS...

none of this BS is from an antideluvean time.....none of it.
peace

So do we take that as an admission of your association with YEC?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Second, Hanslune, how amazing!! I know it was a very different landscape ages ago, but for a lot of people, it's difficult to grasp the concept that the inhospitable desert used to be comfortably liveable at one point. I can only imagine what it looked like then the rock art was carved--what I wouldn't give for a time machine to see it. That kind of perspective in the first person would be absolutely priceless to historical study, wouldn't it?

We can see the changes in the land during our own time here. I've enjoyed looking at 300 million year old geological formation and imagining the swamp or shallow sea it represented

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Thanks, I will be reading these asap , just wanted to post a thanks to you

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Awsome stuff, I have recently just become so interested in learning all I can about ancient civ's and I honestly think this is a field where there is so much we still dont even have a clue of.

In the last 20 years we have really made some discoveries that are changing the way we thought humans came to live like we do.

15000 years ago I assume there was civilizations thriving everywhere and just how many more are waiting to be discovered and more importantly was there a major ancient player that spread knowledge throughout as I assume based on similarities between ancient cultures.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
you lot are like diabetics in a candy store

a troll...moi.....its like a tyranny of the masses here...

did i miss a hypnotic advert on tv or sumthing....

i cant be the only one not buying this pre 10,000 bc artwork stuff

oh yea...what the frig is YEC?

edit on 1-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You're saying silly things without provide any evidence or rationale as to why we should believe you - you also ignore all questions, so you may not be a troll but you are acting like one

Then explain why you think so?

Still trying to play dumb Pharaoh? Young Earth Creationist

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

did i miss a hypnotic advert on tv or sumthing....

edit on 1-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

What are you getting on about?
Are you saying that the rock art can't be more than 10k years old?
If so why do you think it can't be more than 10 k years old.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
haha..young earth

no...i just know that we dont have any evidence, of any civilisation....5000 bc, let alone 6000....

thats been common knowledge for years....but now, we have odd finds with ridiculous dates attached.

i just think there is an agenda...

to prove demi gods existed....then to prove they have ancestors.......
the same people making these claims also believe in a flood of 10,500 BC....

stay ahead of the curve

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10

What are you getting on about?
Are you saying that the rock art can't be more than 10k years old?
If so why do you think it can't be more than 10 k years old.

10k....im saying 4k

it cant be...because it isnt

peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join