It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lifelong Big Brother reality show in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In Germany they are working on a lifelong "Big Brother� reality show. The German alternative of the reality show "Big Brother" hopes to start broadcasting from March 1 from a special city especially where candidates would live during several decades. That confirms the German newspaper Welt am Sonntag.

The makers of the retransmission plans to make a market, a church, shops and a small wood on the provided surface of approximately 4,000 square meters. The candidates must be unemployed, according to the German newspaper.

For the eye of the camera the participants must learn other languages or learn a profession. Additionally, it is also hoped that families are founded.

Source

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sounds like "The Truman Show". Good movie... That's a bit weird though... I mean, who would volunteer for this kind of thing?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Enough people! Think about unemployed people. They even told the press they are looking for unemployed people with no future in "real life". Yea!

This trash of entertainment comes over from the netherlands, created by Jon de Mol, Europe's richest TV producer.
His last try: A show similar to the American show with Mr. Trump, where candidates try to get the "Best job of the country".
After one episode it was put out of program...probably because if there is one thing Germans hate it is Jon de Mol

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'll volunteer for this. As long as I have a computer and internet access, I think I could make it for a few decades without working.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wow, thats pretty weird. But I guess the canidates would get used to it somehow. But if families are founded what happens when the children question the ethics of the show? I don't think it would be fair for any children who come along.

Of course every show needs good ratings to survive and theres no way a reality show or any show for that matter could survive that long. This might go on for a year or two at the most and then its over.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think it's a good point about the children.

It would probably be hard for them to function in "real" society once the show did end.

For the adults, once the novelty wore off, it would be like living in a prison.

new topics

top topics

join