It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus Not Allowed': Anti-Faith Sentiment Sweeps US

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yuck! I don't like that either! But I guess as long as the court upheld his right to do it and as long as he isn't sacrificing PEOPLE I don't guess I can argue with it. I'm guilty of killing many a chicken myself, however it has always been for eating purposes.

Although one time I knocked a rooster out cold by throwing a rock at it and clocking it in the head. It was trying to spur a neighbor kid and I was across the yard so I just chucked a rock at it. When it hit the ground the other chickens started to attack it, so I had to run to the porch and grab a broom to chase the others off of it. It was kind of funny, but that rooster went in a gumbo soon after!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
20 yrs ago, things were just the opposite. The beetles lost most of the country in fans because of 1 derogatory remark they made about Jesus. It is just amazing how this country is going with the wisdom of DC guiding us whether we like it or not to a prosperity we already had. Bring on the persecution!

***Angela Hildenbrand faced the very real possibility of going to jail for her faith. The trouble began when a federal judge ruled that no one at her Texas high school could pray or even use words like "prayer" or "amen" during the 2011 graduation ceremonies.

As class valedictorian, Hildenbrand felt God deserved the praise, even if it meant jail for her.***
CBN News
edit on 29-9-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

The most offensive part of your post is actually the fact that you spelled The Beatles wrong!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

He'd have to prove his sanity to show that there was no danger of him getting over his head and turning to larger and larger sacrifices. Suppose he decided to blow up...say...a movie theater? One mass ritual.

But if he can prove his sanity, then there's no risk....right? Right? ....

...does that mean I'm wrong?

edit on 1-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And who is so offended? Athiests? OR the FASCIST/THEOCRACY/ABUSIVE ONE THAT COMMITS MASSIVE CRIMES AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN? Hmmmm........Enquiring minds want the full scoop.

And as for the fascist abusers of women, WHO CARES, A SPOT OF JAIL WOULDN'T HURT THEM FOR THEIR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY!.

And I'm not ever going to be politically correct and support evil.

Freedom of speech means Christians can speak freely as well.

Schools are funded by the people, for the people and also have to honor the Constitution.

But they don't have to segrate and provide prayer mats.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Back in the day the tables were turned and they would kill you if you didnt submit to christian religious doctrine.

Fascinating watching the unseen rule from the unseen because for some of us it can ALL be seen.

Well of course im schizophrenic, and bipolar, and sociopathic, and hear the high pitched tones (packets of MK Ultra info) trying to be uploaded into my consciousness.

The door is locked to which there is no key to unlock it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I think it was a couple of years ago, the Pope said that the Church forgive John Lennon regarding his Beatles are more popular then Jesus Christ statement! It would of been really cool if the Holy Father added at the end of that statement: Oh by the way, "Jesus is more popular then the Beatles" :-)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
On March 4, 1966, this quote of John's was printed in an interview by reporter (and friend of John's) Maureen Cleave in the London Evening Standard:
"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
He was, as she reported, reading extensively about religion at the time. It was a small part of the article. No one took notice of it in Britain.

And then, five months later, on July 29, a teen magazine in the US of A (land of the free, especially religious freedom), Datebook, reprinted the quote out of context instead of submerged in an article, and used it as a part of a front cover story.

Radio stations in the south banned Beatles music. There were rallies of boys and girls stomping on their records and bonfires of Beatles material. John recieved death threats, and the KKK protestsed a Beatle concert in Alabama (because, apparently, it seemed like the Christian thing to do).

This statement, hardly noticed in the UK, was completely taken out of context and the bible belt of the hypocritical southern states was used to beat Lennon and The Beatles in a very unfair and very non-Christian way. John was not comparing the Beatles to Christ or god or religion. The quote as it appears here, IN CONTEXT, is just John being John and using things he knew about in a way he naturally spoke to a friend/reporter. The Jesus lovers, acting in their best Christ-like behaviour, threatened to kill John.

Who says terrorism is limited to radical Islam?

The Apology

John: "If I had said television is more popular than Jesus, I might have got away with it, but I just happened to be talking to a friend and I used the words "Beatles" as a remote thing, not as what I think - as Beatles, as those other Beatles like other people see us. I just said "they" are having more influence on kids and things than anything else, including Jesus. But I said it in that way which is the wrong way."

Reporter: "Some teenagers have repeated your statements - "I like the Beatles more than Jesus Christ." What do you think about that?"

John: "Well, originally I pointed out that fact in reference to England. That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion at that time. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it as a fact and it's true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is. I just said what I said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this."

Reporter: "But are you prepared to apologize?"

John (thinking that he had just apologized, because he did): "I wasn't saying whatever they're saying I was saying. I'm sorry I said it really. I never meant it to be a lousy anti-religious thing. I apologize if that will make you happy. I still don't know quite what I've done. I've tried to tell you what I did do but if you want me to apologize, if that will make you happy, then OK, I'm sorry."

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
20 yrs ago, things were just the opposite. The beetles lost most of the country in fans because of 1 derogatory remark they made about Jesus.

Oh...where to start?? First off...it's "Beatles" not "beetles". Secondly, the infamous "bigger than jesus" comment was made in 1966...that's 36 years ago...not 20. Twenty years ago it was 1992 and John Lennon had been dead for 12 years already and Paul and Linda McCartney's band "Wings" had been disbanded for 11 years.

Likewise, it's a salient and material historical fact that The Beatles SKYROCKETED in popularity after John Lennon made the infamous "bigger than Jesus" comment" in August of '66 at the JFK airport when being interviewed about their release of the Revolver album. Album sales from August of '66 onwards include Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let It Be. The White Album ALONE has sold more copies than all pre- Revolver records COMBINED.
Although, in fairness there was one group who began protesting outside of Beatles concerts after August of 1966. Specifically, that group was the Ku Klux Klan.

Yes indeed...how times have changed. Now the KKK never shows up to rock concerts anymore...they just make sure to be present at the 2012 GOP convention in Tampa.

It is just amazing how this country is going with the wisdom of DC guiding us whether we like it or not to a prosperity we already had. Bring on the persecution!

Yeah...it's a war on christmas, alright. Imagine...someone thinks that public schools which use public funds for their existence ought to keep the imaginary and magical entities out of school functions. What if the student speaking would have been a Muslim and wanted to lead the class in a special prayer towards Mecca?? Let me guess...that would have been war on christmas too, right? What if that person was a scientologist and wanted to offer up a prayer to the Thetan ET's who "Intelligently Designed" the human race? Would they also be "persecuting" poor christians then?

Your right to worship whomever and whatever you see fit ends where my right not to be subjected to religious nuttery at public functions supported by taxpayer dollars begins. If you want the right for Hildebrand to pray to her skydaddy at graduation time...then you MUST also support an opportunity for the Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu's, Scientologists, Tseek's, Shinto's, Wiccans, Druids, Mormons, Atheists, Agnostics, Secular Humanists, and any other system of belief which wants to be represented to ALSO say their piece.

So...I'm cool w/ permitting Hildebrand to insult me by praying to "jesus" if you're cool with me getting up on stage to correctly state that there is no empirical or quantifiable evidence whatsoever that a guy named "jesus" ever existed or that a magical entity of any kind meddles with worldly affairs and that religious beliefs are the root cause of far too much human suffering, misery, oppression, torture, and killing.

So...what do you say? Are you really concerned about Hildebrands "rights"...or are you really just concerned about promoting your own belief system with tax payer dollars upon those that it insults? Isn't that the whole argument the christians use for wanting to bring back creationism to the classroom? They just want "all sides" represented? Well...OK...that's cool. Let's see how willing you are to hear what the Satan worshippers have to say at graduation.

Fair is fair, right?
edit on 1-10-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by reaganero

Correct. John Lennon's ACTUAL quote was in support of Jesus and in condemnation of hypocrisy.

...but since when do facts matter when dealing w/ the religious right in America?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I don’t think it’s exactly “sweeping the US” it has just become more acceptable to be a faith basher so the bashers are more vocal these days.

It's the decline of civilization…..how else can it be explained? It’s shameful if you ask me!

Has anyone noticed that the rise of the dependent class (people on welfare - takers) coincides with the rise of bashing faith? Does that have any meaning? I don't know???

so, if a valadictorian went on stage and wanted to thank satan for his inspiration, you would be ok with that? or if a muslim went up onstage and praised allah for his divine inspiration, you would be ok with that too?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150

I think it was a couple of years ago, the Pope said that the Church forgive John Lennon regarding his Beatles are more popular then Jesus Christ statement! It would of been really cool if the Holy Father added at the end of that statement: Oh by the way, "Jesus is more popular then the Beatles" :-)

Yeah. And it only took 2000 years of torturing people to death, ethnic cleansing, genocide, and organized cultural Annihilation to do it.

Imagine the market share that the Beatles would have if everyone who didn't buy and the White Album and go to a Beatles concert was burned at the stake?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
And who is so offended? Athiests? OR the FASCIST/THEOCRACY/ABUSIVE ONE THAT COMMITS MASSIVE CRIMES AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN? Hmmmm........Enquiring minds want the full scoop.

And as for the fascist abusers of women, WHO CARES, A SPOT OF JAIL WOULDN'T HURT THEM FOR THEIR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY!.

And I'm not ever going to be politically correct and support evil.

Freedom of speech means Christians can speak freely as well.

Schools are funded by the people, for the people and also have to honor the Constitution.

But they don't have to segrate and provide prayer mats.

No...it would be bring your own prayer mat and you are absolutely correct about them not being required to segregate the students. That's why if you wish to attend the graduation ceremony you should expect to see the Muslim kids up on stage leading a prayer towards Mecca and also a brief Satanic ceremony as well prior to the diplomas being handed out.

Since you support free speech so much...you DO support a little Satanism prior to your son or daughter getting their diploma, right? Just so long as there isn't anywhere else for the christians to go and you bring your own pentagram, right?
edit on 1-10-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You have no idea what you are saying, in fact you just made my point for me. You just showed that Christians aren't the problem, which was the point of my post. Your long winded diatribe was pointless, not on topic of my post, and showed your true intentions. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by littled16

I would defend her, and many others I know would also! Freedom of religious expression in a right given to ALL of us- not just some! Her right to give thanks to god and goddess is just as important as my right to give thanks to Jesus!

Not being sarcastic. If you truly believe in freedom of religious expression, then you would HAVE to defend that girl if she held up this sign:

Yep. That's just "freedom of expression".

So are Satanic rituals at graduation time too, for that matter.

However, something tells me that it's more about "freedom to be told what I wanna hear".

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I don’t think it’s exactly “sweeping the US” it has just become more acceptable to be a faith basher so the bashers are more vocal these days.

It's the decline of civilization…..how else can it be explained? It’s shameful if you ask me!

Has anyone noticed that the rise of the dependent class (people on welfare - takers) coincides with the rise of bashing faith? Does that have any meaning? I don't know???

so, if a valadictorian went on stage and wanted to thank satan for his inspiration, you would be ok with that? or if a muslim went up onstage and praised allah for his divine inspiration, you would be ok with that too?

HA! That was exactly my point a few posts ago. "All Hail Satan, Prince of Darkness, for providing us all with this diploma. Guide us to do Your will, Beelzebub, as we go forward into the world!!"

...let's see how concerned everybody is about "free speech" then.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If anything, the events that are going to happen will push more people into religions in the near future. Everything will soon start the other way, it's a wave pattern we humans follow. I'm not saying Christianity itself will get more members, I'm saying all religions will. Hopefully the religions will start to come a little closer together after the next couple of years. I believe in God, not a specific religion. I like most of the Christians I know. I also get along with members of almost every religions out there. Believing in no supreme being seems boring and lonely to me. I'll keep believing in god and noone is going to ever convince me that god isn't possible. I can't ever foresee anyone producing evidence in my lifetime that would disprove god. Noone could prove to me that the earth isn't alive either, everything on and in it makes it a living being. Collective consciousness.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

It's simply what pregnancy is; from conception until birth, that thing growing inside of a woman is a parasite feeding off of her body's nutrients. Of course, when you label a human fetus a parasite it becomes much easier to justify aborting it, but if it has the same traits as a parasite, does it not quality as one?

A fertilized human egg is not a human being; it's nowhere close. Take god out of the equation and suddenly abortion doesn't seem like such a big deal.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Wait..even better...what if a kid said he believed in Dionysus and wanted to lead the class in a wine and music fueled orgy up on stage prior to handing out the diploma's? Is it OK to subject everyone else in the audience to a little Pagan gang-bang action?

...You know...free speech and all.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by bigrex

As an atheist, personally speaking, the only religious people I hold contempt for are those who force their views onto others, including atheists, such as myself.

You see, 10 years ago, I was subjected to an attempted forced conversion to Christianity by a good friend of mine. For 5 years, we never spoke. It eventually passed but it ensured that I would never embrace religion of any type.

You want to complain about atheists? You can thank those among your faith who took the "spreading good news" part way too far.

Right?

Has anybody ever had someone knock on their door to talk them OUT of their religion?

I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by bigrex

As an atheist, personally speaking, the only religious people I hold contempt for are those who force their views onto others, including atheists, such as myself.

You see, 10 years ago, I was subjected to an attempted forced conversion to Christianity by a good friend of mine. For 5 years, we never spoke. It eventually passed but it ensured that I would never embrace religion of any type.

You want to complain about atheists? You can thank those among your faith who took the "spreading good news" part way too far.

Right?

Has anybody ever had someone knock on their door to talk them OUT of their religion?

I rest my case.

...actually...on that note...maybe I should START doing that on Saturdays. You know...just to spread the "good news" about Noam Chomsky.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join