It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus Not Allowed': Anti-Faith Sentiment Sweeps US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Has anyone noticed that the rise of the dependent class (people on welfare - takers) coincides with the rise of bashing faith? Does that have any meaning? I don't know???

False. Poor people are more likely to be religious.

www.communityjournal.net...

There is a church on every corner in the ghetto, I don't know about trailer parks but I can only imagine there are a ton in the vicinity, especially in the south.
edit on 30-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
America no longer can get unlimited diesel fuel to run school buses all over the nation to bus kids to public schools.

Their PSYOP is to get the majority of the public to start creating local private Christian schools for their kids to save the States/Federal Government money.....and to hide the fact we can't get enough diesel fuel to run school buses anymore.

Their PSYOP tactic is to bring about a society change. Get you to put your kids in a local religious ran school. Which is SMART.....America can't afford to bus kids to public schools anymore.

This will lead to the religious schooled kids being smarter, generating more revenue and jobs. While the public school ghetto kids will be their slave labor for the future American economy.

You know it's true.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
The beetles lost most of the country in fans

most of the country infants?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider

Originally posted by pajoly
If you are some thoughtful and aware kid growing up, you see two groups: one has near blood lust and are perpetually angry and hateful, the other is made up of people accepting of others and willing to live and let live. Which one would you want to align yourself with?

Let me guess...
The first group are Athiests and the second group are Christians. At least from my point of view that's how it is.

Not really from my point of view. There is the nondualitst of every religon including science. The seeker that is still trying to figure the big stuff out. The closeminded duality prone people from every religion including science. The duality prone people are the one from my point of view that cannot understand anything else but their own views and judge other people based on their view. I am myself somewhere in between. A child playing around with nonduality and duality views waiting for something better todo.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider

If you are some thoughtful and aware kid growing up, you see two groups: one has near blood lust and are perpetually angry and hateful, the other is made up of people accepting of others and willing to live and let live. Which one would you want to align yourself with?

Let me guess...
The first group are Athiests and the second group are Christians. At least from my point of view that's how it is.

No, the first group is rational humans beings, tolerant and UNAFRAID of others unlike them. The second are skittish, fearful modern heirs to the KKK, terrified of people not like them to the point they actively seek to limit their rights. Whenever I see or hear about a group of Christians protesting the construction of a Mosque, I know there is a group of total hypocrites, total Constitution burners and enemies of freedom. Indeed, those people are exactly the opposite of Christian, rather they are the moral heirs of the 3rd Reich.

But those christians who are fearing/hating the muslism are just fearing the unknown and the other duality group that are as fearing/hating of the christians as they themselves are. The problem is not only the Christian duality group but all duality groups playing the hating game whether it is political party, religion, race, sexual preferance both promescuity and who to have sex with, nationalism, geek/sport guy group and nondualist/dualist, alien/human/animal/demon/angel(thinking).

I have never had an alien do a bad thing towards me so I have no problem with aliens if they follow the golden rule. I have never had an demon do a bad thing towards me so I have no problem with demons if they follow the golden rule. I have never had an demon do a bad thing towards me so I have no problem with demons if they follow the golden rule. I have been harmed plenty by humans who do not follow the golden rule so my respect and faith in humanity as a whole is not very high anymore even if there are people who I admire and can feel connected with.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Dustytoad

If they had followed Jesus' teaching of tolerance then they wouldn't have this kind of thing directed at them. You reap what you sow, and that's right in the bible..

LOL, if you think Jesus taught tolerance you have no idea who God is. He never taught tolerance, he taught forgiveness, mercy and compassion but never once did he teach tolerance.

That is you view but I do not agree with it but then you will never belive Jesus taught nonduality when I can see clearly in the bible that he did so our ideas of what Jesus really taught all humans will be very different. From my point of view Jesus taught me that I should join him in being one with everything that can be one with him and accept each other with an open mind whatever the spirit is and have been.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by trollz

You're absolutely right. The 800 years of religious oppression during the Dark Ages has set us back so far..We should be colonizing the stars by now..At the very lest be living on the moon and/or mars..Thanks again religion, you evil, hateful, bigoted piece of garbage.
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

If it was not religion then it would have been culture, nationalism, race or some other stupid duality small minded view. Religon is only part of the problem. Duality is the real problem and true spirituality is from my point of view the cure to see beyond it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What I find is that originally the major religions were a pretty good thing, if you really look at the original teachings pre manipulation by power hungry psycho's then you can see that they are pretty much all the same. Buddhism seems to be the one least altered over time, and when you read books like the secret book of john or the gospel of thomas for example you can really see how similar Christianity is to buddhism, at least what jesus was really saying. They all seem to be telling us the same thing, which is a beautiful message, its just a real bummer that the teachings have become so distorted and misunderstood over time. I find that although jesus may have lived and died like he is said to have that its actually more useful to look at his life, death, rebirth and ascension as being allegorical in nature and is actually just a template for how one can ascend in one life time....

We've had risen beings come to tell us this stuff many times but unfortunately we dont really seem to be listening, jesus would be pretty disappointed I think.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

That is you view but I do not agree with it but then you will never belive Jesus taught nonduality when I can see clearly in the bible that he did so our ideas of what Jesus really taught all humans will be very different. From my point of view Jesus taught me that I should join him in being one with everything that can be one with him and accept each other with an open mind whatever the spirit is and have been.

Exactly.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. Literally. Cause that's who they are.

In another thread I wrote my views on religion
"I Love Jesus,
and
It's ALL ONE thing."

Christians seem to be afraid of losing their religion to outside forces and so they push against those forces and lose Jesus(his teachings, ie the TRUTH) in the crossfire...
edit on 9/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So to stomp on a metaphorical acorn is to kill a metaphorical tree? I don't think so; infanticide is wicked and should be met with punishment, but an abortion given before a certain point in pregnancy isn't killing anyone. If anything, it should be a sin to bring a child into this world whom you can't properly raise. Then again, logic and religion don't mix very well.

Then if you can't afford to raise a child then do not have sex. You don't go and punish a unborn child because of what you did, that's whats wrong with this world is people who think like you do. To go and murder the unborn because people were too stupid and too selfish to be right. Would you just go and grab a random person off the street and put them in an electric chair and flip the switch because of your mistake? I would hope not, or perhaps we should put you in the electric chair and flip the switch to be rid of you if you would. If you can't afford a child, then do not have sex, that's the smart thing and right thing to do, because sex is for the purpose of procreation, the goal of it and should not be the side effect of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

You should be more specific because there are other religions in the US, not just Christianity.

Christians are some of the biggest whiners and hypocrites I've met in my life.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by GoldenRuled

You should be more specific because there are other religions in the US, not just Christianity.

Christians are some of the biggest whiners and hypocrites I've met in my life.

Check out Muslims sometime. I hear they flip out and start murdering people over YouTube videos and cartoons.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

John F. Kennedy was/is the last President who was indeed for the people.

This speech is a part one and two. WATCH IT. He tells us a lot and risked his life to warn us.

What is going on has been a "plan" for some time now.

If you think what is going on in the US and the Middle East is something that just sprang up.... you are wrong.

We are headed for a one World Government who will have a World Religion.

Israel is being used as a front as they have been since before World War I.

I am not a Christian, however I believe and love Christ.

Christ to me was not a "Jew" as Jew was not even a word in His time. He was from Galilee and was an Israelite. There is a big difference between an Israelite and Jew. All Israelites are most definitely not considered a Jew. Research this History as it is vital in todays time. The Jewish State that was made by us in 1947 (ish) looked like it was a good thing, however it was a very bad move. The Palestinians are ALSO Israelites. Research all of this like I have for a few weeks and then we will talk. Its a telling story and we can see where they are taking the world. We are going so far away from God, its not even funny.

TPTB have interests in Israel. Our Government has been infiltrated and this has been going on for many years with the secret societies. I would not jump up to say that the Freemasons are not behind this agenda as well.

The secret societies JFK speaks about and what he says he will not permit is so telling and this is why he was killed. Listen to his speech and see how it applies to us today.

What is going on in the Middle East is the same as the Biblical times. The Bible most certainly warns us, shows us what is up.... and why so many Christians do not see this is beyond me. All i can think... they have been brainwashed by the leader of congregation.

History should never be kept secret.... the truth always comes out.

Before shtf, know which side you should be on, otherwise many will indeed be fooled.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It doesn't matter.

This thread is obviously about Christians, being that it was started by a Christian who was offended because *gasp*, a student is not allowed to pray.

Separation of Church and State, anyone?

Every country needs a separation of church and state because once religion gets involved, it becomes one huge cluster#.

Also, if you naively believe that people are dying because of a youtube video, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by pajoly

You seem to be making blanket judgements. Not all Christians belong to the KKK and are filled with "bloodlust", nor do they protest building of Mosques or join in the Westboro shenanigans. If they wanted to hold up a sign that said "Evolution is the way....Darwin Rules!" I would support their right to do that as well.

My oldest kid is an Atheist and she supports peoples right to express their faith. She's a wonderful person, and I support her right to have NO religious beliefs. What students do of their own accord involving their faith (or lack thereof) and their rights to express those views is legal (even at school sponsored events) so long as it is the students themselves and not something mandated or instigated by school officials.

Please understand, I make a distinction between Right wing Christians and real Christians. The former are poseurs, cultists, money worshipers who practice the opposite of what Jesus preached. They are complete hypocrites. If a Muslim cheerleader in a public school, put a Koran passage on the banner instead, they'd be screaming with spittle drooling from their mouths about Sharia. No one of intellectual honesty can deny that.

The latter are normal, tolerant, loving who follow a version of Jesus characterized by love, care for the poor, the outcasts.If you are tolerant of your neighbor, consistent in your devotion to Jesus's values and apply them to those most unlike you, if you are sparing with judgment, then you are the real deal.

Real Christians, like moderate Muslims, must be aggressive in their shaming and calling out of those attempting to take over their religions in the name of hate. If you do not, you can see what happens just by looking at what has happened to the Republican Party. It has gone from a great and valued party into a bastion of sick people who are eager to lie and do anything to win, they are anti-science, anti-honor, anti-decency and in general are the worst kinds of traitors. They pretend Constitutional devotion as they slowly and consistently work to install a "Christian" Taliban-esque theocracy. If you ask each and every one that if they had the chance to make the U.S. a Christian nation with laws based on the Bible. EVERY ONE of them will tell you "yes." The only Rights they value are their own as they literally fight against the rights of those not like them.

There is evil in this world and in the United States, it takes the form of the modern Republican Party which is now really just the American Christian Taliban Party. (Not a hair's width separates a Right wing Christian from a Republican). No action is unjust so long as it works in their favor. Voter suppression. National efforts to kick people of the lists of eligible voters, widespread election fraud in voter registration, gaming absentee ballots, etc. Almost no evidence today's exists of the left doing these things, but ample evidence can be found by the Right using these as in fact STANDARD practice. So long as one does not get caught, the Right genuinely believes anything goes. This is because they are cultists who believe God is on their side, so any action of theirs is seen as defending their Christan God and it therefor just. No lie too great for Jesus. No crime is a crime if done to serve Christ!

These are the greatest hypocrites to ever call themselves Americans. Honor, honesty, tolerance, fairness, decency -- all are words that are alien and repulsive to the American Right. The scariest thing of all though is that few of their group even realize this, so complete is their transformation into cultists. A Right wing Christian (= modern Republican) can see a Muslim child murdered by a drone and not have a moments pang of loss, guilt, sense of injustice. That is how far gone they are. Such a thing is perfectly acceptable, in fact, it is even good and just, something to praise. This is why they are so dangerous.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It doesn't matter.

This thread is obviously about Christians, being that it was started by a Christian who was offended because *gasp*, a student is not allowed to pray.

Separation of Church and State, anyone?

Every country needs a separation of church and state because once religion gets involved, it becomes one huge cluster#.

Also, if you naively believe that people are dying because of a youtube video, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell to you.

Well, the separation clause has nothing to do with the free exercise clause and secondly, my point is independent of the thread OP. You commented Christians (plural) are the biggest whiners, and I was wanting you to consider that perhaps the pinnacle would actually be Muslims who would shed blood over comedy and cartoons. You have people in this very thread who are NOT Christians also saying it's improper for the school to violate the students free exercise rights. Im not sure you even know what the SCOTUS has ruled in regards to this matter previously.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I would defend her, and many others I know would also! Freedom of religious expression in a right given to ALL of us- not just some! Her right to give thanks to god and goddess is just as important as my right to give thanks to Jesus!

Not being sarcastic. If you truly believe in freedom of religious expression, then you would HAVE to defend that girl if she held up this sign:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Why shouldn't a student have been allowed to pray? Separation of church and state does not and should not prevent individual citizens from practicing their religion and having freedom of expression. She's not a teacher, so she isn't obligated to follow the rules of state/government employees. It's a completely different ball game from a public school teacher or administrator doing the same while on the job.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I would defend her, and many others I know would also! Freedom of religious expression in a right given to ALL of us- not just some! Her right to give thanks to god and goddess is just as important as my right to give thanks to Jesus!

Not being sarcastic. If you truly believe in freedom of religious expression, then you would HAVE to defend that girl if she held up this sign:

Freedom of speech to a point.

Holding a sign in favor of killing is not using the freedom of speech in a peaceful manner.

There is a difference.

The ones holding these signs of massacre are in my opinion not understood and are in need of healing, not fueling the fire, which is what the US has been doing since before the first World War.

We (the us) fuel fires, sensor the media, war with other nations, lie to the people, and expect peace!

edit on 30-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Why shouldn't a student have been allowed to pray? Separation of church and state does not and should not prevent individual citizens from practicing their religion and having freedom of expression. She's not a teacher, so she isn't obligated to follow the rules of state/government employees. It's a completely different ball game from a public school teacher or administrator doing the same while on the job.

Two men from UCLA blessed their food the other day (no kids... all faculty) as they have for the last thirty years and today they are on leave and being sued.

Our rights are going bye, bye. We have been infiltrated BIG TIME!!!

Both parties are responsible for letting this happen over time. Neither can be trusted in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join