It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus Not Allowed': Anti-Faith Sentiment Sweeps US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ya know, us "faith bashers" as you call us would not be this way if you didn't try to cram your beliefs down our throats or judge us just because we don't believe in your religious ways..Don't forget who started this whole "hate" thing. The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, the Salem and European witch trials, The Dark Ages... Any of those ring a bell? We just wanna be left alone, but you people can't resist in trying to tell us how we should live our life's or what we should or shouldn't be doing. You wanna have faith thats fine, but keep it to yourselfs or between you believers..Not everyone wants to hear it..
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

If they had followed Jesus' teaching of tolerance then they wouldn't have this kind of thing directed at them. You reap what you sow, and that's right in the bible..

LOL, if you think Jesus taught tolerance you have no idea who God is. He never taught tolerance, he taught forgiveness, mercy and compassion but never once did he teach tolerance.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by GoldenRuled

It's the decline of civilization…..

I think you have that dead backwards.
Without religion civilization could have been much more advanced by now.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

C'mon, you make it sound like the Dark Ages were a bad thing!

edit on 29-9-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

You're absolutely right. The 800 years of religious oppression during the Dark Ages has set us back so far..We should be colonizing the stars by now..At the very lest be living on the moon and/or mars..Thanks again religion, you evil, hateful, bigoted piece of garbage.
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Just as non Christians hyperventilate at the very mention of his name. Hate Christians all you want, Jesus was a cool and righteous dude and undeserving of the hate

You may wish to re-read what I have written. I Like Jesus silly.
You may wish to find someone who isn't defending christians right for free speech to go bother, but see this is just why I get put off.. So much judgment and no Love.

Read my first post in this thread. What did I say? And then read any other post I have made. Maybe you need more Jesus and less 700 club.

Here ya go:

I find Jesus and John Lennon were and are both awesome and both of them have warmed my heart like most Christians could never, because they are too busy judging everything instead of loving everything.

It's the second post so I can see why you missed it.

edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

If they had followed Jesus' teaching of tolerance then they wouldn't have this kind of thing directed at them. You reap what you sow, and that's right in the bible..

LOL, if you think Jesus taught tolerance you have no idea who God is. He never taught tolerance, he taught forgiveness, mercy and compassion but never once did he teach tolerance.

That's actually what I meant by that word, but I see where I went wrong. Noted for future reference. But if you do forgive someone then you do tolerate them..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Talk about arbitrary. In what ways? How has religion hindered technological advancement? The greatest names in the history of science were men of faith. One example, the father of oceanography decided to map the ocean currents because of one verse he couldn't get out of his head about "pathways in the seas". Another example, Nachmanadies determined in the 12th century that we live in 10 dimensions from his diligent study of the book of Genesis in Hebrew. His vernacular said four were "knowable" and six were "unknowable". It took billions of dollars and atomic colliders for modern Physicists to determine the same thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The Dark Ages were a direct result of the monstrous rule by the Catholic church.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

That's actually what I meant by that word, but I see where I went wrong. Noted for future reference. But if you do forgive someone then you do tolerate them..

Forgiveness is not tolerance. Tolerance of evil will get you destroyed right along with the wicked. Take abortion for example, if you tolerate that evil, then you condone it. If you condone such evil, then you're wicked. Forgiveness removes you from the equation, tolerance imbedds you in the middle of it. Forgiveness and tolerance are not the same thing at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

The Dark Ages were a direct result of the monstrous rule by the Catholic church.

No the Dark Ages were a direct result of some rather insane Caesars, making very selfish and very stupid mistakes, while greed and corruption destroyed the government, the black plague was wreaking havoc on the population. Then the world decended into Feudalism and only the wealthy merchants, lords, kings and clergymen were permitted to learn to read and write and yes this included the Holy Bible. Hence why it was called the "Dark Ages" when knowledge was hidden, lost or forbidden to the populace to maintain slavery. Knowledge that could have saved souls and lives was withheld.
edit on 29-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So you are saying forgive it, but make it Stop?? I'm not trying to argue, I've always liked your posts even though I don't think we agree a lot. I mean that if you forgive something and don't force it to stop that is tolerance.

So how have you stopped abortion? Or something similar? You are tolerating my posts, you are not ending them. Does this mean you aren't doing it right? Im not being cute. I hope you can trust me in that.

I think there are certain things you can forgive, and try and fix, but in the end you are tolerating most of this world unless you are running around fixing everyone... Still I see your point.

I think where you are missing my point is that I am tolerating the person not the action. I will try and change how they feel or how they look at things, but in the end I'm not going to kill them if they don't follow along.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

agree with foretold....I was trying to give you 14 stars and three flaggs but it wouldn't...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

No the Dark Ages were a direct result of some rather insane Caesars....

I believe this argument is similar to so many others that are completely missing the big picture.

The republican VS democrat argument is a perfect example, in other words the real issue has nothing to do with republicans or democrats but the REAL issues are completely hidden from view by propaganda.

In the same way the Catholic church and the Caesars MAY have been behind it but it goes far beyond those:

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. This evil cabal is few in numbers but, like a deadly octopus, its tentacles reach out to grip and strangle untold multitudes of innocent victims. The initiates of every secret society and internationalist organization, from the Council on Foreign Relations and the Jesuits to the Bilderbergers and the Order of Skull & Bones, obey the dictates of this sinister group and tremble when standing before its leaders.

The cabalist group I refer to is the Synagogue of Satan, an ancient, yet modern, elite so politically powerful and so fabulously wealthy that even past history has been twisted, reshaped, and revised to meet its preferred version of humanity's gloomy, totalitarian future.

Religious in nature, the Synagogue of Satan is, at its essence, a grotesque, satanic cult. It's high council is composed of High Priests of Lucifer; these are men who literally worship death while practicing sexual magick and occult rituals of the blackest nature.

The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The sooner we get rid of faith the better; religion does a lot more harm than good.

Without religion there would be much less anti-gay and anti-women's rights sentiment in America. In fact, there would likely be a large drop in ignorance and bigotry in general. Not to say all religious folk are ignorant or bigoted as most of the religious people I know are very friendly. The one's who get on the television, however, all tend to be overzealous nutcases.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So to stomp on a metaphorical acorn is to kill a metaphorical tree? I don't think so; infanticide is wicked and should be met with punishment, but an abortion given before a certain point in pregnancy isn't killing anyone. If anything, it should be a sin to bring a child into this world whom you can't properly raise. Then again, logic and religion don't mix very well.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I don’t think it’s exactly “sweeping the US” it has just become more acceptable to be a faith basher so the bashers are more vocal these days.

It's the decline of civilization…..how else can it be explained? It’s shameful if you ask me!

Has anyone noticed that the rise of the dependent class (people on welfare - takers) coincides with the rise of bashing faith? Does that have any meaning? I don't know???

But what if it is not faith some of the people are bashing but the hypocrasy that they can see in some off the christians? Myself I am part of the nondual god viewpoint where Jesus is part of god and all other enlightened people are in fact getting response from the same source.

But the bible have been corrupted to be Anti Christ Conciousness (anti higher understanding of unity with all peole who understand unity with god) by adding parts to fear like the great deception comming from antichrist and people all over the world are afraid to be decived. There is nothing to really fear but your own small ideas/views perception of god. Follow the golden rule. Seek god outside scripture also because god can make you understand better than a book who have been tainted by the same thing you are supposed to lose (ego). There is parts of the bible that are holy but as a whole the bible I do not personaly think it is holy. To much duality that bring to little understanding for the people who cannot see the message behind the word and cannot see when they are manipulated away from god.

You can judge if a book is good at creating saints by the fruits of the readers. Some readers tell people that they will goto hell becasue they make different lifechoices than the reader that are symbiotic and nonharmful in nature. It is very enlightning to see how far evolved their minds are. They will listen to any person of authority against what is right just because of authority. It is a good test from god thining out the ones who cannot be symbiotic with the unknown or things that are different and stand up against group preassure. Some peoples lessons are to stand up to even god for what is right even when thinking they are damning their soul by doing it. Enjoy the ride and learn what you can from it. See you on the flipside

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Or more accurately, the slow break-up of the Roman Empire in Western Europe led to less infrastructure. Production of manuscripts plummeted, scholarly institutions reduced in numbers and were isolated from each other. Catholicism didn't discourage these processes, but rode on the back of them more than caused them.

Over in the Eastern end of Europe, the Byzantines, later the Persians, were enjoying their own Renaissance with universities springing up and creativity in full flow.

I'm not defending Catholicism or, in fact, any religion at all, only it's too simplistic to lay the blame for the dark ages at the door of one participant.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You know both Jesus and god would have loved that comment. John Lennon was an increadable insperational person that probably knew to much. It is the normal duality issue with some Christians. Everybody have to focus on Jesus since we are focusing on Jesus. That kind of thinking just brings the normal devide and conqurer behaviour and create smallminded groups hating each other and that is not what god wants from my point of view.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

It's a public institution where peoples' children are taught. Religion (unless it's an actual class) should not be a part of any speech or policy by the faculty. I would not want my daughter to be preached to by her school teacher who gets paid with my taxes. That's what private school is for.

However, this was a student, not a teacher. I would defend her right to express her religious beliefs because that is her right. She is not paid. She is not teaching. She can say whatever she wants. While I would always make the decision to defend people and their right to worship who they like, I can't help but imagine the Christian parents' reaction if my daughter ended her valedictorian speech with "Lord and Lady, Horned God and Triple Goddess, thank you for your witness. Blessed be!"

I don't think Christians would be as vigilant with their righteous defense of religion.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Cuervo because: gramer grammer grammar!

That could have been an interesting speech to hear and a lot of fun seeing how the people hearing it would react. Would they be smallminded or would they join in with blessing their own view of god/source?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join