It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had My Last Chemo Treatment!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by Night Star

I noticed something in your post "Think On This" so I researched a couple of your threads (that's really the only way to get to know anybody on ATS which I normally don't care about) and what I found was strength, what seems to be lots and lots of strength.

I'm really glad your event in life turned out good in spite of the hell you obviously went through.

Be well Night Star.................awesome avatar.

Awww, thank you so much. Yes, you need a lot of strength to face what life may throw your way. Faced and fought cancer and won, then last year hubby decides he doesn't want to be married anymore after 34 years!!!!!!! We are still together though for financial reasons.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

rickymouse
You're not allowed to get cancer anymore Nightstar. You're not allowed to get sick at all. Well I tried at least.

I'm glad that you are doing better and hope you stay cancer free.

I'll try my best. Once was enough for me! Thanks! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

argentus

Strength of wonder shines
Gravelly rumble prayers sing
Another bright day

Very good news, NS. I wish you live large and full of wonder.

Awwwww, that was beautiful! Thank you so much!!!! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Advantage
WOw night!! Excellent!

Im going to show a family member this thread over thanksgiving. I got a call last week that at only 32 years old she has an aggressive breast cancer and its in her lymph nodes as well. 4 months of chemo and then double mastectomy divided into 3 major surgeries.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family member at this time. If I can help in any way, let me know. And do let me know about her progress. You can send a U2U any time. HUGS!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Congratulations! That is wonderful. My dear wife was born with cancer. As a baby she went through chemo, and surgery, from which she still has the scar. God bless you, Night Star. Your great news truly makes me happy for you.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What you said reminded me of something. All these professions such as: laywers, dr's, acct's, g=v, etc etc. They all seem to do the same thing. They scare you, act as if they're the only solution for you to fix it, then when they know you're nervous about what's going on, scared, and worried they prey on that. They get you signed up and they'll try and keep you as a client until you're way past broke if they have their way. I'd avoid all professionals at all cost. But if you aboslutely have no choice, then you need to be clear with them upfront about a set amount of money to acomplish the whole deal from start to finish, as well as a clear time frame to get it all done. Otherwise they likely will try and take advantage of you while your most vulnerable. But you're best bet is just to avoid them at ALL COST. They're bad news. If you have to use one find a cheap one that has been practicing for a long time. They'll still know everything they need to know to get the job done. And again get it in writing how much the whole thing will cost. Don't ever go with any dollar per hour type people. never use them. use only people that give you one quote to do the whole thing. But ya I hope you start to feel better soon. Get well.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Congratulations, I'm glad the nightmare is finally coming to an end. You've been through a hell of a lot.

I started my new round of chemo last Wednesday. More brutal than I remembered but not too bad. Also got to see my surgeon again, who described a bit more about the success of the surgery I had, so it was very reassuring.

Here's to a long and happy future

Xx

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

jeramie

Congratulations! That is wonderful. My dear wife was born with cancer. As a baby she went through chemo, and surgery, from which she still has the scar. God bless you, Night Star. Your great news truly makes me happy for you.

Thank you so much! Wow I have never heard of someone being born with cancer! Thank God she survived!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

spartacus699
What you said reminded me of something. All these professions such as: laywers, dr's, acct's, g=v, etc etc. They all seem to do the same thing. They scare you, act as if they're the only solution for you to fix it, then when they know you're nervous about what's going on, scared, and worried they prey on that. They get you signed up and they'll try and keep you as a client until you're way past broke if they have their way. I'd avoid all professionals at all cost. But if you aboslutely have no choice, then you need to be clear with them upfront about a set amount of money to acomplish the whole deal from start to finish, as well as a clear time frame to get it all done. Otherwise they likely will try and take advantage of you while your most vulnerable. But you're best bet is just to avoid them at ALL COST. They're bad news. If you have to use one find a cheap one that has been practicing for a long time. They'll still know everything they need to know to get the job done. And again get it in writing how much the whole thing will cost. Don't ever go with any dollar per hour type people. never use them. use only people that give you one quote to do the whole thing. But ya I hope you start to feel better soon. Get well.

I was diagnosed I think in the summer of 2011. My cancer is gone. I had no medical when I was diagnosed and my Doctor got me the help I needed right away. I didn't have to pay a penny for anything, no doctors visits, none of the tests or bloodwork or chemo or radiation or meds. I paid nothing!

I know from past posts how you feel about doctors, but I was in such good hands and had such an amazing team working for and with me. They cared about my emotional well being as well as my physical well being. Not all doctors are in it for the money. They were just amazing and...I am still alive.

As I have said many times before, I always thought I would choose an alternative route if I got cancer, but once you're sitting there in the reality of it all, you change your mind rather quickly. Millions of lives have been saved by traditional methods of chemo and radiation.

It is certainly a personal choice and I do hope that if you ever get cancer, you are saved by whichever method you choose.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

woodwardjnr

Congratulations, I'm glad the nightmare is finally coming to an end. You've been through a hell of a lot.

I started my new round of chemo last Wednesday. More brutal than I remembered but not too bad. Also got to see my surgeon again, who described a bit more about the success of the surgery I had, so it was very reassuring.

Here's to a long and happy future

Xx

The nightmare ended in 2012, somehow my thread got revived. LOL

I often think of you as I know what you have been going through. I am happy to hear of the succes of your surgery and had felt that it would be succesful. Yeah, chemo can knock you on your butt. All I ever wanted to do was sleep. I read a lot of books through that time and watched a lot of movies and accepted the help of others. I was always the one helping people and finally realised that wow I'm so weak and tired I can't do the things I used to. I appreciated all the love and support I got when I needed it the most. Please keep me updated on your progress!!! HUGS!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join