It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had My Last Chemo Treatment!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by Char-Lee

10 hours to see a doctor?
That's insane!!!!!
I didn't have any medical coverage myself when I started. They got me help, but it will expire in June 2013. From there I will have to find something else.

Where are you from anyway?

Looked it up guess it is 7 hours for her, we are in Crescent City Ca. So glad you were able to get help and get well!The Doctors in Medford Or are the ones people go to for general stuff thats two and a half hours. The Drs just keep leaving here and they close everything. We had a low cost clinic once!

That is horrible!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine having to travel that long for any kind of doctors visit! What a shame that you lost the low cost clinic in your area. I sure hope things change for you guys.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Night Star

Today off to have my husbands root canal...6 hour drive up and back to Eureka!

Oh my God! Ever consider moving? I'd hate to see you or a family member in a real emergency situation where time is of the essence. Good luck to your hubby.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Today off to have my husbands root canal...6 hour drive up and back to Eureka!

Oh my God! Ever consider moving? I'd hate to see you or a family member in a real emergency situation where time is of the essence. Good luck to your hubby.

Thanks...my wonderful husbands one flaw, will never move away from nor stop working for unworthy IMO Mom and Dad and I will never leave him so here we are wet and moldy and far from needed med care

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I got goosebumps when I read the last sentence. As a man whose family has been plagued with cancer since WAY before my time, I'm happy for you. You had a horrible chance of survival, and you beat that cancer down to the floor. A true warrior. Be proud.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jaymp

Thank you so much! I'm sorry that your family has been plagued by this disease. I have a cousin who has cancer right now and isn't doing well at all.

It is so important to make the best of each day.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Congratulations.
I am so happy for you.

But now you must face the next challenge. Paying for your treatment. I don't say that lightly and am asking for advice as I will more than likely be facing massive medical bills before to long as well. I do have insurance, but this is my first time actually using it.

Can you pass on any lessons learned regarding this?

I hope you win the lotto. And life will be easy from then on.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I was very fortunate in that I got medical coverage through the cancer society. I still have an operation coming up to remove a port and some follow up ppointments. After that my coverage ends. Will have to look into something else, but am living off my savings right now. Between being over 50 and jobs being scarce...sigh.

Speak with one of your doctors about getting help for coverage. Did you try before and get denied? I know a lot of us fall through the cracks and that is unfortunate.

If you can't get help, just pay a small amount on each bill if you can afford it. There is nothing they can do to you if you are making an effort. If you can't afford to pay at all then there is nothing they can do. You might end up with a collection agency asking for the money and if they can't get it, they will put it in the hands of another agency. Thing is, they can't get blood from a stone. Ya know?

I want you to concentrate on getting better and try not to be overwhelmed by medical bills. They charge people ridiculous amounts of money and don't care if it ruins someone financially.

Do you mind my asking what your medical problem was?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Possible Oral cancer. I am having another biopsy in two weeks. I'm not dwelling on that to much but the financial thing has me worried.

Thanks for the advice.

Wishing you the best!

TDawg

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Please let me know when you get the results. I had a biopsy for oral cancer years ago. That one was negative. Havn't been to a dentist in some time though. You can tell me here or send a U2U.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow I didn't know you HAD cancer.Thats aweseome that its gone good for you. Its a tough thing to deal with, I lost my cousin.Good job

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thanks! I'm so sorry you lost your cousin to cancer. I just lost a cousin to cancer myself last week. I just had my port removed and it hurts. Boo boo
Anyway that's it, no more procedures, just follow up visits. It was a very long and difficult year and a half. Glad thats all behind me. Now I can be here for others facing the same thing.

I guess the scary thing for me is knowing it can return or I could get another kind of cancer, but I try to keep in my mind all the inspiring stories of those who have remained cancer free for like 20 and 30 years.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beeezer, that avatar has to go lol! And I am so glad Night Star that your cancer has gone away. It's great to come on here and hear personal stories and feel connected.
edit on 17-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer

Beeezer, that avatar has to go lol! And I am so glad Night Star that your cancer has gone away. It's great to come on here and hear personal stories and feel connected.
edit on 17-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Poor Beezer!
Thank you so much for dropping in! I too enjoy personal stories and feel connected.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Congrats Night Star on beating the Cancer.

I lost my wife on Aug 18 of this year from breast cancer, she was 34. She was diagnosed in July 2011, she felt a lump, made a Dr.'s appt, went the next week & found out that it was Stage 4. She went threw multiple rounds of chemo, radiation & had a mastectomy but the cancer was just too aggressive. After surgery, chemo and radiation we found out that it had spread first to her hips & collar bones, then to her spine & finally to her brain. We found out 3 days before we got married that it had spread to her brain, they said she had 3-4 months & it ended up only being 5 weeks.
I am still a depressed mess.
edit on 26-11-2012 by RickKilgannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am so very happy for you. When you have cancer, going traditional depending on the size or location or type of cancer, one may need chemo or radiation. My friend just had the lump removed though they recommended radiation but not chemo. My aunt had radiation and chemo. Both are doing well years later. But, my friend's was not as aggressive as the kind my aunt had.

I would also do what she did, considering radiation and toxins, just keep healthy thoughts, and the alkaline diet, a ways down the road, the maple syrup/molasses and baking soda is quite a good idea. And/Or, lots of Vitamin D. They clinically studied 50 000 iu's. Thats like 50 regular gelcaps. It seems to help. Also for prevention of arthritis and treament, very needed stuff. I try to take 10 1000 iu's each day, a little bit off and on, and magnesium (I got some fast absorbable powder) to prevent stones.

Also, paudarco tea tastes pretty good, almost like tetley, just a little woody form of tetley and it detox's heavy metals and immune system thingy. So radiation can be detoxed out of the body.

My friend drank alot of paudarco tea and still does. I have some I should make a big pot a day. Tastes nice with honey or organic sugar. Also, Beets, raw beet salad. lots and lots of organic cabbage really good for immune and all that.

So the baking soda cure might not be needed but might be something worth trying when you're recovered and doing really well.

I don't think conventional medicine and alternative are at odds. I think they go hand in hand.

But positive spirit is probably the best remedy of all.

Living your joy. Smiling laughing dancing and living well.

Bless you, such good news.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I noticed something in your post "Think On This" so I researched a couple of your threads (that's really the only way to get to know anybody on ATS which I normally don't care about) and what I found was strength, what seems to be lots and lots of strength.

I'm really glad your event in life turned out good in spite of the hell you obviously went through.

Be well Night Star.................awesome avatar.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You're not allowed to get cancer anymore Nightstar. You're not allowed to get sick at all. Well I tried at least.

I'm glad that you are doing better and hope you stay cancer free.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Strength of wonder shines
Gravelly rumble prayers sing
Another bright day

Very good news, NS. I wish you live large and full of wonder.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
WOw night!! Excellent!

Im going to show a family member this thread over thanksgiving. I got a call last week that at only 32 years old she has an aggressive breast cancer and its in her lymph nodes as well. 4 months of chemo and then double mastectomy divided into 3 major surgeries.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

RickKilgannon
Congrats Night Star on beating the Cancer.

I lost my wife on Aug 18 of this year from breast cancer, she was 34. She was diagnosed in July 2011, she felt a lump, made a Dr.'s appt, went the next week & found out that it was Stage 4. She went threw multiple rounds of chemo, radiation & had a mastectomy but the cancer was just too aggressive. After surgery, chemo and radiation we found out that it had spread first to her hips & collar bones, then to her spine & finally to her brain. We found out 3 days before we got married that it had spread to her brain, they said she had 3-4 months & it ended up only being 5 weeks.
I am still a depressed mess.
edit on 26-11-2012 by RickKilgannon because: (no reason given)

Oh my God I can't believe I missed some posts from last year!!!!!!!!!

If you are still around, I hope you see this. I am so very sorry to hear about your wife. That is just gut wrenching! It leaves a hole in your heart that no one else could ever fill. Big hug!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 21-11-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join