It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had My Last Chemo Treatment!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
In June of 2011 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Ok, that was bad enough, then I find out it's an agressive cancer.
Later I find I have 2 kinds of breast cancer.

Never before in all my life have I had so many doctors appointments, tests and treatments. Talk about being scared and overwhelmed! It was just a whirlwind of chaos for me.

I had a bunch of chemo treatments, radiation, a lumpectomy, and more chemo. Friday was my last!

November 2nd I get my port taken out.

Whew! Been a long challenging year for me. I think I slept half of it away.

Anyway, the cancer is GONE!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Awesome, amazing, Good effing Job.

I remember my Grandma being excited about getting deported, she thought it was funny, deported haha.
she had colon cancer. Maybe all the frozen meals she ate?

Whenever someone shares something personal I end up reading their signature. I like your a lot. Need to remember that. Was that your attitude going through all of this?

edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Congratulations.

Please keep enjoying life. You probably have a better appreciation for it than most of us. Keep following your passions and cherish each day.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You have the courage and strength of many in one body. The reality is I have no idea what it is like to have cancer and to have people poking and probing me all day, thus I could never really offer you a deep statement on your progress. I commend your spirit though for never giving up and for seeing it through.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Miura Chora (1729-1780)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OH HAPPY DAY!!!!! Congratulations! May each day be a blessing and your health get better and better! So happy for you! ((hugs))

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Awesome, amazing, Good effing Job.

I remember my Grandma being excited about getting deported, she thought it was funny, deported haha.
she had colon cancer. Maybe all the frozen meals she ate?

Whenever someone shares something personal I end up reading their signature. I like your a lot. Need to remember that. Was that your attitude going through all of this?

edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

"getting deported"
Good one!
Yes my signature was indeed my attitude throughout my ordeal.

I was mostly positive and hopeful but I did have days where I of course cried my eyes out. I was always terrified of the C word. Of course the first thing that comes to most people's minds is "Am I going to die??"

I remember waking up the next morning like I was waking from a nightmare that wouldn't go away. Here I was with the dreaded cancer in my body. I always read books, but I read even more going through this. No, I didn't want to read about cancer, I read mostly sci/fi and fantasy and lost myself within the pages. I would visit worlds with dragons and elves or some distant unexplored planets, anything to escape my reality. It helped me so much.

If anyone is dealing with cancer or some other disease and needs support, please let me know. I can relate to the roller coaster of emotions that comes along with it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Congratulations.

Please keep enjoying life. You probably have a better appreciation for it than most of us. Keep following your passions and cherish each day.

I have always had a good appreciation for life. I think if anything, it made me realize that we can leave this life sooner than we expected. I don't think anyone is ever ready, but I figure hey, whatever place we go to will be better than this one. I feel that we are far more than just a physical body.

Thank you, I shall indeed follow my passions and cherish each day.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311

You have the courage and strength of many in one body. The reality is I have no idea what it is like to have cancer and to have people poking and probing me all day, thus I could never really offer you a deep statement on your progress. I commend your spirit though for never giving up and for seeing it through.

I did have more courage and strength than I ever thought I could. I also had my vulnerable days, my tears, frustrations and fears. I had no idea either on what it was like to have cancer until I was faced with it.

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tishya

Miura Chora (1729-1780)

Thank you so much! That was just beautiful!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
OH HAPPY DAY!!!!! Congratulations! May each day be a blessing and your health get better and better! So happy for you! ((hugs))

Awww, hugs back! Thank you so much!!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321

Thanks! That was great!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Congratulations!!!

That's a lot to go through but how great it must feel to come out the other side strong

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
Congratulations!!!

That's a lot to go through but how great it must feel to come out the other side strong

Thank you! It is quite the relief right now. I know I will be dealing with the fear of it returning, but that is only natural.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, like before you got diagosed, were you feeling sick or something? How did you know there was cancer there before the dr's actually told you?

And it's good to hear it's gone now. But I listen to alex Jones a lot. He often has Mike Adams from Naturalnews.com on there talking about health.

Not sure if this will link or not but a search on breast cancer on Naturalnews.com brings up a lot of interesting articles. You should really read some of them, it might be helpful. But it's good news then that it's gone! That's great.

articles

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thats awesome to hear!!

I hope you stay cancer free hun.......take it easy, you have a new begining.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
THAT is an accomplishment. Your fighting spirit is evident and admirable. It really cheered me up to hear your great news. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Stars for everyone. This round's on me.

edit on 29-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

After reading about your good news - that you are cancer free! I got up and did a happy dance...

I am so glad for you. I have been through this with a relative...and she is cancer free too.

I have a suggestion for you. You should throw yourself a cancer free party! My cousin did and it was so much fun...such a wonderful reason to celebrate.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Just out of curiosity, like before you got diagosed, were you feeling sick or something? How did you know there was cancer there before the dr's actually told you?

And it's good to hear it's gone now. But I listen to alex Jones a lot. He often has Mike Adams from Naturalnews.com on there talking about health.

Not sure if this will link or not but a search on breast cancer on Naturalnews.com brings up a lot of interesting articles. You should really read some of them, it might be helpful. But it's good news then that it's gone! That's great.

articles

Ah, great question and glad you asked. I had no idea I had cancer until I had an itch. Yes, a simple itch and I thought wait... did I just feel something unusaul there? I then felt around and noticed a hard lump and near that a mass. I hadn't had a mammogram for maybe 3 or 4 years before that. Of course everyone I spoke to about it told me not to worry and that it was nothing. Well, I figured millions of women do get breast cancer so I'd better be prepared. From there it was a trip to my regular doctor who got me in contact with my cancer doctor and surgeon and it was one test after another. They were quite thorough with biopsies and checking my bones and other areas to make sure it didn't spread. Oh, I also had 4 lymph nodes removed.

I'll check out your link in the morning. Thanks!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join