It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Real Christianity = not being a Christian

page: 5
14
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k
 



Being an atheist means not believing in God. To choose not to believe in God, you must know what God is. Being Atheist means you know what God is, and do not believe in it.


I gotta contest that point. I don't believe in what MAN thinks "God" is. I have never had anyone fall from the sky, show me that they were otherworldly, and say, "Hey, the dude in church is right, that's who 'God' is, are you saved?" Because I would have said, "Hell no, let me drown. If he hasn't seen fit to help me yet, I don't need him. Where's that Lucifer dude at, I need a beer."

Out of all the people claiming to know what "God" is, I would say less than 8% of them really do. Interpretation =/= knowledge. It simply means you have an understanding based on the filters and biases you've developed in your lifetime, handed to you by other people who have developed their understanding the exact same way. Which means filtering water or light through layer after layer after layer of mud and dirt and grime and whatever. That in no way guarantees you have an accurate perspective, and therefore an accurate understanding.

And when you get beaten on the brow enough, you will eventually think, "What do I know? Maybe they're right," and you convince yourself that you see it exactly as they do. And you become so tied to that lie, after they drill it into you again and again, that it becomes truth. How often have we seen this done throughout history?

We just refuse to connect the dots because we know the consequences of discovering the truth. All the chaos and destruction that will result from centuries worth of lies. All the lack of moral construct, and the despair of complete spiritual failure. We don't want to face that. We'll tell ourselves any lie to avoid confronting such madness.


edit on 30-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara
 


I disagree with your premise. Atheists have rejected the existence of deities, or a god-head. A child has not had the opportunity to make up their mind yet.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Originally posted by dominicus
In the Bible (Mt 18:3) Paraphrased Jesus is saying for people to "Be like Children"

When a baby is born, that child is not any labels, neither Christian, Jew, not an Atheist, not agnostic ....no positions at all, a blank slate ....just merely aware.

As the child grows older, a mind forms from programming and labeling everything as "my name", tree, house, car, girl, boy, constantly updating divisions and labeling of everything.

What Jesus was saying, was to deprogram yourself and all labeling and go back to the original awareness you were as a kid. That means to also get rid of all labels such as "Christian, believer, male, female"

So ultimately, to be a Christian means more so to go to an original state of pre-programmed awareness, which means you also let go of a the label of being a "Christian" or being anything for that matter.


Maybe that's one small aspect. Christian means "Christ Like".

But more than that I found a few verses that I think are relavant. We live in paralysis times. All kinds of madness going on around us at every turn. So we can't just be like children or we'll get slaughtered by TPTB. Here's the verse that I think is key....

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.". Matthew 10:16

Like the serpent in the garden was shrewed. He wasn't niave. He knew the way of the world. The ways of TPTB. He wasn't going to be tricked. He was going to control the situation. He was cunning and smart and wise.

We're not to be fools, going along with every stupid hair brained story that MSM and TPTB are trying to shove down our throats. Anything I hear when it comes to major stories such as Iran, 911 or whatever, generally the opposite of what you hear in MSM is closer to the truth.

I think some Christians are so niave. I don't try and wake them up either. I'm almost jealous of them not knowing very much about how the world works. They just live in there little bubble oblivious to anything going on out there. They are better off though as long as the Sdoesn'tHTF, then they won't have a clue what's going on.

I think it's better to know what's going on but the only problem is when you find out what is I find that you don't trust anyone anymore, once you know what kind of phychopaths are running things.


I think this quote affirms what you said:

Jesus said, "Let one who seeks not stop seeking until one finds. When one finds, one will be disturbed. When one is disturbed, one will be amazed, and will reign over all."



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by mr10k
 



Being an atheist means not believing in God. To choose not to believe in God, you must know what God is. Being Atheist means you know what God is, and do not believe in it.


I gotta contest that point. I don't believe in what MAN thinks "God" is. I have never had anyone fall from the sky, show me that they were otherworldly, and say, "Hey, the dude in church is right, that's who 'God' is, are you saved?" Because I would have said, "Hell no, let me drown. If he hasn't seen fit to help me yet, I don't need him. Where's that Lucifer dude at, I need a beer."

Out of all the people claiming to know what "God" is, I would say less than 8% of them really do. Interpretation =/= knowledge. It simply means you have an understanding based on the filters and biases you've developed in your lifetime, handed to you by other people who have developed their understanding the exact same way. Which means filtering water or light through layer after layer after layer of mud and dirt and grime and whatever. That in no way guarantees you have an accurate perspective, and therefore an accurate understanding.

And when you get beaten on the brow enough, you will eventually think, "What do I know? Maybe they're right," and you convince yourself that you see it exactly as they do. And you become so tied to that lie, after they drill it into you again and again, that it becomes truth. How often have we seen this done throughout history?

We just refuse to connect the dots because we know the consequences of discovering the truth. All the chaos and destruction that will result from centuries worth of lies. All the lack of moral construct, and the despair of complete spiritual failure. We don't want to face that. We'll tell ourselves any lie to avoid confronting such madness.


edit on 30-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)


Yes. Sorry for the bad wording in my post. I was referring to "man's understanding of God" when I said "what God is". Hope this clears up any misconceptions



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
In the Bible (Mt 18:3) Paraphrased Jesus is saying for people to "Be like Children"

When a baby is born, that child is not any labels, neither Christian, Jew, not an Atheist, not agnostic ....no positions at all, a blank slate ....just merely aware.

As the child grows older, a mind forms from programming and labeling everything as "my name", tree, house, car, girl, boy, constantly updating divisions and labeling of everything.

What Jesus was saying, was to deprogram yourself and all labeling and go back to the original awareness you were as a kid. That means to also get rid of all labels such as "Christian, believer, male, female"

So ultimately, to be a Christian means more so to go to an original state of pre-programmed awareness, which means you also let go of a the label of being a "Christian" or being anything for that matter.


Dear dominicus,

I disagree, he said to love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself. That is the childlike mind we should all have, one of wonder and love.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monte-Carlo
I beg your pardon but when a child is born he is an atheist.

Being an atheist is not believing in religion.

How can a child be born an atheist if that child doesn't even know what atheism is? They'd have to first know what distinguishes what.
reply to post by AQuestion
 



Dear dominicus,

I disagree, he said to love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself. That is the childlike mind we should all have, one of wonder and love.

He says this in a different part of the bible, and even still, being merely aware prior to label bias and programmed distinguishing, was much easier to Love. I think you've taken me out of context
edit on 30-9-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
reply to post by bloodreviara
 

I disagree with your premise. Atheists have rejected the existence of deities, or a god-head. A child has not had the opportunity to make up their mind yet.

While I understand the logic and acknowledge that in reality most atheists have rejected the existence of deities, it isn't a prerequisite to being an atheist.

If a person was born and raised in a culture where the concept of deities does not exist then they would fit the definition of atheist without having had to make a conscious decision on the matter.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus
 


Thank you for your original post - to me it is spot on.
To know non conceptual awareness is to know God. To be seeing without words. Prior to the word there is just this.
'This' is all there is, 'this' right here and right now. 'This' is Christ (consciousness). It is the only 'thing' (but it is not a thing really) there is that is true. 'This' is where the light is, 'this' is the illumination. There is no other than 'this'.
'This' is where the happening is happening. How can 'this' be?
Look at 'this' and see and hear it.

Humans find it hard to see and hear what is really here. Jesus taught the blind to see and the deaf to hear, he tried to show the people non conceptual awareness (awareness without words) so they could be free from the torturing mind.
Words distract from what is real and create an illusion of a world that is not real. Humans live in a pseudo world that is not real, they live in a manufactured world of their own making, they live in the darkness of their mind. They play dramas and horror stories made of words like 'later' or 'before' and 'next'.
If there were no words like past and future you would only ever know 'this'.
'This' is all you will ever 'know'. Yet 'thinking' (wording) deludes us into believing, humans believe the story made of words. Stories made of words are not true. Humans are spellbound (hypnotized) by words.

'This' is only ever knowing itself.

Man is a manufactured idea made out of 'this'. Man is made in the image of God.

You might like this video where Alan Watts explains the problem with linguistics:
youtu.be...
edit on 1-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


I understand a little more what you are saying regarding time. Is this close to how you are viewing it??


Everything is now....

We are living in the past, present and future which is happening NOW.

Time itself is an experience in the material.

For the spirit there is no experience of "time" as we are outside of the concept because we use zero words.

Faster than light is where thought remains...



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus
 


A child cannot be atheist, because to be atheist you have to be aware of a certain awareness towards a higher awareness, and despise that awareness because you see no evidence for such higher awareness, and you judge because you think your system of awareness is more reliable than their system of awarenes, which operates on a tried-and-proved principle that has been taken too far and twisted too much to retain its original essence, and so is more of a medicinal philosophy than an awareness, which in itself is an awareness but not the kind atheists think we need. Which, basically, is them thinking they know more of what the world needs than the rest do. Which is exactly what the Christians think as well. But, you know, it's all awareness on different levels. It's a catch-22...

...if that makes any sense.
And yes, I am completely serious in this post.
edit on 1-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by mr10k
 



Being an atheist means not believing in God. To choose not to believe in God, you must know what God is. Being Atheist means you know what God is, and do not believe in it.


I gotta contest that point. I don't believe in what MAN thinks "God" is. I have never had anyone fall from the sky, show me that they were otherworldly, and say, "Hey, the dude in church is right, that's who 'God' is, are you saved?" Because I would have said, "Hell no, let me drown. If he hasn't seen fit to help me yet, I don't need him. Where's that Lucifer dude at, I need a beer."


edit on 30-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



Well, do you believe in other dimensions:?



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River
 


I believe the other dimensions are composed of Source's being, to put it in dogmatic terms. But the dogmatic terms are a little bit 'flavored' for my taste - there's better ways to express it, but I don't want to lose your willingness to listen by showering you with blasphemies.


I'll tapdance out onto a limb anyway! Just to see how willing you are to suspend your preconceptions and disbeliefs -

The dimensions are each a varying degree of gravitational vibration, that energy that holds everything together as we see it right now. Varying gravitational flux allows different spaces to fit between each other. What governs the different reactions of matter to that gravitational flux, I haven't yet learned; but that's where it comes from.
edit on 1-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


If you believe in other dimensions, why cant heaven be one of these dimensions. (resounce and such)

Such as the after life in DBZ



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River
 


DBZ is not based on this reality, except in the most crudely drawn of abstract parallels. I will not entertain discussion in that vein of argument.

Heaven is what we make in our minds. No one decides that but us. Heaven is a frame of mind, and so is hell. Outside of us, there is no dimension called hell or heaven. That is a fairytale designed to scare children, or a grossly warped translation of a translation of a translation of a metaphor.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


wait the dbz thing was a joke, funny...


I ment why is heaven a frame of mind when you believe in other dimensions but heaven cannot be one. Thats a oxymoron



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River
 


Why must heaven be a place? Because a book told you so?

In order for there to be a dimension called heaven, all souls must be judged. That means there's judgment going on. A truly omniscient being, such as the one I believe in, is not able to judge because it perfectly understands ALL SIDES of the equation, and knows that one act is simply an alternative expression of another.

No judgment. Therefore no heaven, and no hell. No judgment, only learning over the course of multiple lifetimes. After all, we're just an extremely finite expression of Source. Each and every one of us. Like the egg.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Jordan River
 


Why must heaven be a place? Because a book told you so?

In order for there to be a dimension called heaven, all souls must be judged. That means there's judgment going on. A truly omniscient being, such as the one I believe in, is not able to judge because it perfectly understands ALL SIDES of the equation, and knows that one act is simply an alternative expression of another.

No judgment. Therefore no heaven, and no hell. No judgment, only learning over the course of multiple lifetimes. After all, we're just an extremely finite expression of Source. Each and every one of us. Like the egg.


That still doesn't explain why you believe in other dimensions and not heaven... that logic is flawed.... And for a perfect omniscient being that sees all side of the equation therefore determines "nothing" (meaning no judgement) must not use any part of perfection to perfect others, therefore enlightenment does not exist. (the bettering of self)
edit on 1-10-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 

Everything is now....

We are living in the past, present and future which is happening NOW.

Time itself is an experience in the material.

For the spirit there is no experience of "time" as we are outside of the concept because we use zero words.

Faster than light is where thought remains...


Only now is ever directly experienced. No 'other' time can be known. Past and future are just words. Now/this is real.
Time is never experienced. Time is only imagined in the mental realm. The mental realm is made of words.
Words make us believe in all sorts of things that are not real.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It is the words that separate the whole into bits. The (w)holy spirit is here in one piece until words trick and decieve. Words split the one into two and where there is division there is conflict.
When the words stop oneness is known.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The deception lies in the belief in 'other'. Didn't the devil have to convince you that he existed? The devils name is 'other'. Humans are always after something they don't have, they are aways wanting!! They cannot want 'this' because they have it. They always put their attention on to something 'other', something 'else'. 'Other' time - 'other' place - 'other' people.
It is one hell of a crazy joke!!
There is no 'else' and there is no 'other'. It is a fact. There is only ever 'this'.
No one wants 'this'. People believe in 'other'.
People worship 'other' - they worship the devil (the deciever), they worship something that does not exist and will never exist.
People have turned their back upon 'this' and see no value to it - God is denied.

This talk by Adi Da 'There is no one else' is a very amusing look at speech mind and how it assumes 'other'..
youtu.be...

The truth shall set you free - 'this' is truth.
The belief in 'other' will ensnare you.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join