It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Christianity = not being a Christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by troubleshooter

I guess that means something to you but it looks like semantics to me.

They did have a union which allowed them to also have communion. Unless you take these words to mean something else.

The distinction would makes more sense to one familiar with the Eastern Church than the Western Church.

In the West the distinction between 'spirit' and 'soul' has been blurred or confused.

To extend my previous illustration, a man might communicate (commune) with a women but this is quite different to being united (one flesh) with her.

What I think was intended for humans was not just the first but the second...
...and this 'marriage' of our spirit with The Spirit has again been made possible by the Gospel and Pentecost...
...and the first fruits of this 'union' can be known now.
edit on 30/9/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Sorry but I don't see why you would assume that Adam and Eve did not have a union with the creator but even if they did not, it does not in any way indicate that they were in need of theosis. You seemed to be saying the same thing when you stated that, had they passed the first test, the second would not have been needed, which is contrary to what LeSigh had stated.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Sorry but I don't see why you would assume that Adam and Eve did not have a union with the creator but even if they did not, it does not in any way indicate that they were in need of theosis.

I understand that Union with Christ is the essence of Christianity. Christianity is not a belief-system or a morality code, but is the union presence and function of the living Lord Jesus within a person.

A true Christian is really a Christ-One who has become the divine outworking of the divine indwelling.

Adam and Eve had the opportunity to participate in this union but chose otherwise and all of human history demonstrates the consequences of their decision.

You seemed to be saying the same thing when you stated that, had they passed the first test, the second would not have been needed, which is contrary to what LeSigh had stated.

I do think the second was made necessary by failure of the first.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Buddhism may have had its roots in Solomon's Israel...

There is a massive amount of evidence that suggests that ALL false religions point towards a single source:

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati "

The true agenda behind Religion is to HIDE the truth which is the very reason that most people do not understand the real stealth agenda behind it in the first place.

Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, and their core belief of karma and reincarnation, Satan has deceived many people into accepting and believing that by doing good works, a person would qualify to have his spirit elevated from one lifetime to the next in order to eventually reach a state of spiritual ‘enlightenment’.

I believe even rational and logical thinking persons can choose to believe in ‘reincarnation’. This is because they have been deceived by demonic spirits. They are rendered blind to reason and logic regarding spiritual matters.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, Satan and his fellow demonic spirits have deceived many generations of people in large parts of the world into unwittingly allowing their bodies and souls to be possessed. This permits the demonic spirits to 'reincarnate' in them serially.

Satan inspired Hinduism and Buddhism with the core beliefs of Karma and reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation has been debunked by the concept of demonic spirit possession explaining all the ‘evidence’ proffered for reincarnation.
Hence reincarnation is a lie and Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions. They bear the signature of Satan. Source

Satan is behind ALL false religion
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
All false religions are illuminati created

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I understand that Union with Christ is the essence of Christianity. Christianity is not a belief-system or a morality code, but is the union presence and function of the living Lord Jesus within a person.

A true Christian is really a Christ-One who has become the divine outworking of the divine indwelling.

Adam and Eve had the opportunity to participate in this union but chose otherwise and all of human history demonstrates the consequences of their decision.

But your still assuming that they did not have this union before the failed test. That was the topic of LeSigh's post.

I do think the second was made necessary by failure of the first.

But the post that I was replying to did.
edit on 30-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

But your still assuming that they did not have this union before the failed test. That was the topic of LeSigh's post.

Adam and Eve obviously did not have the divine outworking of the divine indwelling...
...or they would not have failed.

That is why I say the test was part of the preparation...
...they were being offered the opportunity to participate but were seduced to choose otherwise.

We too are offered to have the divine outworking of the divine indwelling...
...the test now is faith in the Gospel that alone opens the opportunity to participate in this union.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The old Hebrew texts say the deity ordered to be called YHWH.

A certain King was having money and power problems and got everyone to start praying to a new deity. 402 years ago he created a new word in the English language "God".......and that's how that King got his people to pray to the old Semitic deity "Gad"....the deity of Good Fortune. Worked for the King.

99% of the "Christians" today all pray to the deity "Gad".

If there IS a YHWH...he ain't gonna be happy. Jesus wasn't the son of Gad. He was the son of YHWH.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I understand that that is what you believe but that is not what the post that I was originally replying to stated.

Of course I also don't believe you are correct but that has nothing to do with my reply to LeSigh.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I understand that that is what you believe but that is not what the post that I was originally replying to stated.

Of course I also don't believe you are correct but that has nothing to do with my reply to LeSigh.

I enjoyed the chat though!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by LeSigh

The Church is the hospital for sinners. Perhaps you missed that part. The Church isn't divided.

Perhaps you missed the part, that if someone is sick, and needs a hospital, they now have to contend with which one is the best one. If I examine the Catholic church and see a majority of molesters in power, then obviously I know not to go there. Then I examine southern baptists and see that they divide themselves by loving they're own but hating everyone else, well then I wouldn't go there either. Eventually I see I need to pray or go directly to God, as "the church", as you say, is filled with corrupted men.

So if you think you will find your salvation in a church amongst men ....good luck with that.

Children are not blank slates.

Really? Wow. Ok well then do I remember when you were born? What were you thinking and how was yur personality when you were 3 months old? You do realize you have all of the scientific community that will claim a newborn child is a blank slate right?

Seriously ....... I guess the earth is flat as well huh? (sarcasm)

You are right that people are taught by their enviroment and enviroment can make people into ego parasitic maniacs so we should create a more stable enviroment for souls. But there is people who will stand against this and cannot and will not allow themselves to hurt others the way they have been hurt even if they have to make sacrifices of themselves to prevent it happening. The will of the souls shines thru.

Just because I want people to be on the same level of understanding does not make it so. I love nonduality understanding of everything and one day we will be as one understanding each other and seeing past different views/grouping learning from each other. Different levels of understanding do not mean difference of worth. All souls can grow rapidly when they get the right enviroment and someone who have a low level of understanding can gain a higher level than another in a short while. Understanding is just around the corner and all souls evolve at their own pace.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by LeSigh

The Church is the hospital for sinners. Perhaps you missed that part. The Church isn't divided.

Perhaps you missed the part, that if someone is sick, and needs a hospital, they now have to contend with which one is the best one. If I examine the Catholic church and see a majority of molesters in power, then obviously I know not to go there. Then I examine southern baptists and see that they divide themselves by loving they're own but hating everyone else, well then I wouldn't go there either. Eventually I see I need to pray or go directly to God, as "the church", as you say, is filled with corrupted men.
The Gates of Hell won't prevail against Christ's Holy Church. When enough people leave to do their own thing and take others with them you get chaos/schismatics/denominations/Gnostics/whatever. They have no unity in belief. However, Christ's Church is united in faith, in praxis, etcetera. It is tangible. It can be found. Yes, the Church is made up of sinners- but as we are the Body of Christ- united with Christ through baptism- then the Church is guided by the Holy Spirit.

Children are not blank slates.

Really? Wow. Ok well then do I remember when you were born? What were you thinking and how was yur personality when you were 3 months old? You do realize you have all of the scientific community that will claim a newborn child is a blank slate right?

Seriously ....... I guess the earth is flat as well huh? (sarcasm)

No, the scientific community doesn't claim all newborns are blank slates. Developmental Psychologists would strongly disagree with you. The very fact children usually don't remember anything before the age of three is due to a lack of effective vocabulary to go with the memories- it's called infant amnesia. Everything isn't about nurture. Nature plays a significant part in early development.
edit on 29-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

You see a gnostic as disconnected when he/she might be needing to disconnect from the human group to connect to the higher evolved group than humans for higher understanding than the human group has been able to achive due to their unability to see thru duality views. The disconnection from god/source is an illusion because you can never truely be 100% disconnected from god. You can only choose to lower the level of connection between the soul and god. It is a twoway relationship.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redindigo
Jesus also taught above all other laws, love your neighbor as yourself and in my experience this is the one thing most Christians I have met fail to put into practice. If Jesus was alive today I bet he`d be a Buddhist.

Buddhism may have had its roots in Solomon's Israel...

Buddha and Jesus: Could Solomon Be the Missing Link?
www.amazon.com...

Naaaaaaah. Jesus is the Only Wise King. Even Solomon was foolish. Solomon fell because he ignored God, the one who granted him his wisdom, by ignoring him twice when God warned Solomon about his pagan wives turning his heart from him, Solomon ignored him and built altars to Moloch and engaged in burning children which is where the punishment God inflicted on Solomon but his love for David caused him to delay Solomon's punishment and make it fall on his son, which was Israel being broken into 2 kingdoms, Ephraim and Judah.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Op, I totally agree with you and here is why.

Christianity was infiltrated by The Romans. We know this.

They changed beliefs, added other religious beliefs, and tainted the Words of our forefathers including but not limited to, Jesus.

We, the people of nations have been lied to and are being played one against the other. This is why we are asked to seek and find.

Today we see the word Israelite (Issac) and Edomite (Esau) are no longer terms being used which is why there is an Identity Crisis going on today in Israel and the entire world for that matter. (IMO)

Christians are spoon fed daily into believing the biggest lie in history and I urge all good loving citizens to do your research BEFORE World War III comes about, otherwise you MAY be fooled.

Jesus did not hold a religion and if he did, it was that of loving your neighbor and teaching us about the Kingdom that resides within us all.

The Bible actually is telling, in many ways. The seeker can read between the lines and see what is unfolding upon us today. The seeker must seek within and abroad to find answers. The preacher you use to fill your brain with the Word, may or may not be telling you the truth.

Fact is Jesus was not a Jew as the Word didn't exist in his time. He was King of Israelites. The God of Israel and Israel at the time was named by God from Jacob. The tribes of Israel( Israel means rebel and God named Jacob Israel for that reason) are that of the Israelites. Jesus was not from the tribe of Judah, but a Galilean a he lived in Galilee.

Seek why we really went into Germany when we were at first an ally .There was a deal made and fulfilled. The US has been making deals for a long time!!!!!! Prophecy will no doubt be fulfilled but the problem is people who have not figured out who is who and who Jesus stood for, may indeed be fooled. Jesus asks us to seek and his people are the Israelites who have spread about among nations!! Nations!!

Religions are a divider as we can see the last two thousand years and prior have divided people, nations and land.

Christians do not know their history nor do they realize Jesus History. They are no doubt being played in this game of Holy war.

Hate does not equal peace. War does not bring peace!!!!

Unity is peace... and until this happens there will be wars and the rumors of war.

If the Middle East gets uglier with a major war, I would suggest everyone get front and center of Ancient History to modern History while you have the chance to receive the knowledge that will allow you to not choose a side that has become a satan driven side.

A one World Government controlling all people and their rights, cannot bring peace.
The one today who sits atop of the Pyramid (secret societies) does not want peace, know this and be vigilant.

The ones who sits in the power seat are driving us into chaos so they can behind the scenes do what they must do to bring about the downfall of civilization so they can seize the moment for complete control. This is risky... so risky that it will create a World War again.

Israel today is NOTHING like it was over two thousand years ago.. keep this in mind, front and center of it.

Remember Jesus was an Israelite. All Judaens (Jews) are not Israelites of the old as they have been converted! This is why Josephus tells us Jesus called some of the Judeans (tribe of Judah/jews in todays language) a synagogue from satan and not "his" people. I take this as not all Israelites are in good standing. Israel stands for rebelling.... we have ALL rebelled, hence the seed of Abraham follows straight to Adam (mankind).

The Children of Israel (Jacobs sons) were tribes (12) that were separated and will be gathered in the last of days. Jesus rules over them ALL! Just like the twelve disciples ... 12 zodiac..... All are one though under the Sun/Son... all of us will be called upon. There is no nation above another just as there is no people above another except by his actions which will be measured and judged. The twelve tribes is said to be judged in the last days. Jesus will not be judging himself as any tribe leader, but the tribe leader of ALL.

Jesus/God is the father of the twelve tribes! 12!!!! Not all are in good standing though as they are from the synagogue of satan. Following bad deeds.

Matthew 12:98 tells us all he will be sitting on a throne here and will judge the twelve tribes of Israel who (we all) are all the seed of. (Father Abraham, anyone?)

He was not from the tribe of Judah.... there were other tribes and he was the King of Israel (Jacob/Rebellion) and all before him and all after him.
Joshua was an incarnate of Jesus! Read about the two added tribes he formed.
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The father of modern Christianity, Constantine, was pagan until his dying day. There is nothing wrong with being pagan. Indeed, many of Christianity's aspects are pagan, voted into indoctrination by Constantine's fellow counselors!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I beg your pardon but when a child is born he is an atheist.

Being an atheist is not believing in religion.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

I beg your pardon, but when a child is born he/she is agnostic, because the child doesn't know and just doesn't care.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

"The Church" is the worst thing that ever happened following Christ's time on Earth. In modern history, more people have died, thanks to your "Church." This entity continues to spread woe... covering up child-molesting monsters, rampant homosexuality, and money laundering by the Vatican bank.

Simply stated: God is love. God is Light. "The Church" is evil. "The Church" is darkness.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monte-Carlo
I beg your pardon but when a child is born he is an atheist.

Being an atheist is not believing in religion.

Being an atheist means not believing in God. To choose not to believe in God, you must know what God is. Being Atheist means you know what God is, and do not believe in it.

Children, when entering this world, do not know what God, Atheism, Religion, or Belief are. My 6 year old little sister still does not know what religion is, and the only religious term she knows is "Jesus Christ", which she only says because she hears everyone else in the house say when they get irritated, so she says it when she gets irritated too.

As a matter of fact, I would like for her to never discover the atrocities of religion, or at least, disregard religion completely.

e: She once asked me who "God" was, because she found my bible and asked what it was for. I told her it's a special book that talks about God. Of course, my reply to who he was was "You'll find out when you get older". She is also not allowed to eat pork, and has never come into contact with pork, and does not know what it is, for the sole reason so that she can choose for herself when she gets older if she ca eat or not. Every child should have this freedom.
edit on 30-9-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
the one simple flaw in this way of seeing it is that every child
is born an atheist, the word means to not believe in a supreme
being, you say children are blank slates, therefore they are
by default atheists until someone teaches them differently........

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have often told people I am not a Christian but I am a follower of Christ. There is a difference that people just don't understand...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join