It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong Dimension and the Night terrors of 5 year old!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hey, I have created this thread in the hope that someone can shine a bit of light on my extremely strange childhood experience.

There are two parts to what happened. They are to me without a doubt connected in some way, and this has led me to believe that something quite possibly happened to me from the ages of 5 to 8..

Firstly I am going to describe the reoccurring night terror I had almost every night when I was 5, and slowly became less frequent until it stopped when I was 8.

I want you to picture yourself standing in space. There are no stars, no source of light, just darkness. Now imagine before you a small patch of dandelions, no soil beneath them and no grass. The patch is about the size of a basketball court. There is a small gravel path winding through the middle. Again it's just the gravel, between the stones as with the dandelions is the infinite blackness. This all clearly visible, as if it were daylight. But remember, no source of light. I walk along the path, while children my own age play in the field of flowers around me. The only sound present is the crunching of the gravel path as I walk along. Suddenly I begin to feel absolutely, horrifically terrified. I also now have the thought of a dark area of nothingness in the middle of the field. Just the thought of it was inanely horrible. I feel its presence, focused upon me. The children around continue to play. It now also has a mechanical presence, like some weird, invisible device gearing up to do something terrible. I then have the thought that I am next to go inside, I am now so scared that I'm waking up but still dreaming, if that makes sense! Finally after what seems like a long period of time I am awake. Usually with my Mum or Dad there saying it's ok, calm down..

That was my experience every night for at least a year until it slowly stopped happening! Now that in itself is a very strange dream I think for someone aged 5. But this is where it becomes even more incredible.

As a child I used to sleep walk & talk, a lot. Always accompanied by this night terror. Now at the age of 5, I lived in Australia. I never watched TV or played games. Only had things like Lego, footballs, toy cars ect.. This is why parents and myself find this very bizarre! As I was experiencing this night terror I would get up out of bed and start walking. Thinking about it the path I walked in the dream seemed to match the layout of our house. Where ever I turned in the house the gravel path would mimic it and was already laid out ahead. Preplanned. Now my Mum and Dad would usually still be up and if I ever walked in to the room they were in I would stop and stare at them. They would talk to me, tell me to go to bed, what are you doing up ect.. haha. But as soon as they approached me I'd run away. There were a few occasions where they said they had chased me around the table in our kitchen (to wake me up as, obviously I was very distressed)! I would be mumbling that I need to get out of this dimension, that everything is wrong. 'I'm in the wrong dimension' was the usual line I would repeat.

I was 5! I didn't know what a dimension was.. Or did I?? This experience has puzzled me to this very day!

I would absolutely love to hear your opinions on this one guys, because I am totally lost!

Thanks for taking the time to read! All questions are welcome if anything doesn't make sense from what I have described!

Cheers, VexedSoul
edit on 29-9-2012 by VexedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VexedSoul

I feel bad for you.

A Nightlight would have solved your problems.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I know what the mechanical thing you were perceiving as well as why you were saying that, in fact you may have spoken to me in that place you were in. If I were to explain it to you you might blame me or think im crazy.

Basicly I have the ability to manipulate dimensions and time unperceivably and unintentionaly. It connects to me because i am trying to get rid of my voices, I had no idea they were connected to everyone and everything in different ways. What you experienced was the technology altering reality and showing you whats happening in other dimensions, you being next to go into the machine was a part of you calling out to me to stop doing that to you, which if I did, im truly sorry. I didn't build the reality technology, i just manipulate it so it stops talking to me.
edit on 29-9-2012 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is very interesting, but unfortunately I can't shed any light on it. I do believe though that what you experienced was not the workings of your imagination. I don't know what else to say really. Thanks for posting it though, it's very thought provoking.

Do you still have other oddities in your dream life?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I used to suffer from similar experiences around the same age. I never got answers though, didn't really ask any questions...

Although someone said that I could have been astral projecting. Maybe the same for you??

My first post on ATS was about this experience which I have quoted from this thread here

I used to hallucinate (sorry for the spelling) most nights and my Mum would try and talk to me but I wouldn't respond. Like I wasn't there if you know what I mean.
I can remember everything used to get really big and far away. The roof would move upwards and the walls would move outwards. It was very frightening.
On other occasions I would be seeing a different world or a vision. Like a dream but I would be awake and my Mum would be trying to calm me down. I can remember bits of this vision (or whatever it was) but I could never remember the end of it. What I can remember of it is me, sitting in a strange machine. Very tall and with two long chunky metal legs. It was one of many machines arodund the area. The area being vast grassland with daisy flowers everywhere. Then something would happen and everything would turn dark. The machines around me would start falling over.
The weird thing is I can remember that much but the rest is gone. These visions would be exactly the same each time and would only last a short time.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Just a first thought here VexedSoul, could it be you are remembering or dreading that you would return to an earthly life? A path either led you back or you had to relieve a prior life path to get it right, therefore it appeared (or you remembered) that it was laid out for you?

Just a side question out of curiosity, do you know if you were a late or early birth?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

The visual shift; where all seems to retreat... When I was younger I seemed to be able to manipulate/experience far more often, usually in class while bored. It is akin to concentrating on the dots to form a 3-d picture, only in real time. Sound familiar? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well I know for sure is that it wasn't night terrors, as if it were you wouldn't remember them... Nightmare or reocurring dream perhaps? Do to something you were going through during your waking life, such as a loss of someone close, or abandonment issues, or having a hard time with independency? the are too many to name.

Reading through your post, I felt as though i was very much alone with only a small patch of self luminous dandelions (even if they are weeds).

Could it be that the color of the dandelions (yellow) portray light and comfort in a place where you felt completely and eternally alone?

The mind is a powerful thing.

edit on 29-9-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
This is very interesting, but unfortunately I can't shed any light on it. I do believe though that what you experienced was not the workings of your imagination. I don't know what else to say really. Thanks for posting it though, it's very thought provoking.

Do you still have other oddities in your dream life?

Thanks for your reply! I do occasionally have some very unusual dreams but they are much less frequent these days.

Cheers VS

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
I used to suffer from similar experiences around the same age. I never got answers though, didn't really ask any questions...

Although someone said that I could have been astral projecting. Maybe the same for you??

My first post on ATS was about this experience which I have quoted from this thread here

I used to hallucinate (sorry for the spelling) most nights and my Mum would try and talk to me but I wouldn't respond. Like I wasn't there if you know what I mean.
I can remember everything used to get really big and far away. The roof would move upwards and the walls would move outwards. It was very frightening.
On other occasions I would be seeing a different world or a vision. Like a dream but I would be awake and my Mum would be trying to calm me down. I can remember bits of this vision (or whatever it was) but I could never remember the end of it. What I can remember of it is me, sitting in a strange machine. Very tall and with two long chunky metal legs. It was one of many machines arodund the area. The area being vast grassland with daisy flowers everywhere. Then something would happen and everything would turn dark. The machines around me would start falling over.
The weird thing is I can remember that much but the rest is gone. These visions would be exactly the same each time and would only last a short time.

Very interesting thanks for your reply! Astral projecting isn't something familiar to me, but I will look into it!

Thank you, VS

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Just a first thought here VexedSoul, could it be you are remembering or dreading that you would return to an earthly life? A path either led you back or you had to relieve a prior life path to get it right, therefore it appeared (or you remembered) that it was laid out for you?

Just a side question out of curiosity, do you know if you were a late or early birth?

I do love the ideas you have put forward.. Weirdly, these days everything I'd do whether it's a conversation or something I am doing during the day, almost seems like I have already lived through it. But that could maybe just be an over active mind, and thinking about it so much would make it seem like have done something multiple times.. I was an early birth, 8 days.

Thanks, VS
edit on 30-9-2012 by VexedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
Well I know for sure is that it wasn't night terrors, as if it were you wouldn't remember them... Nightmare or reocurring dream perhaps? Do to something you were going through during your waking life, such as a loss of someone close, or abandonment issues, or having a hard time with independency? the are too many to name.

Reading through your post, I felt as though i was very much alone with only a small patch of self luminous dandelions (even if they are weeds).

Could it be that the color of the dandelions (yellow) portray light and comfort in a place where you felt completely and eternally alone?

The mind is a powerful thing.

edit on 29-9-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

Ahh right.. I only associated it with a night terror because of the physical factors present alongside the dream. In most occasions I would suddenly sit up right in bed and start talking and (rarely) shout something! As my cousin experienced one time when he stayed at our house haha, scared the life out of him
But also I have read that they take place about 3 hours after a child falls asleep , in a deeper sleep. But again I'm no expert! The dream would always reach that point where I was being drawn towards that empty space, I could never remember what happened next. Just the feeling that something did happen. It was almost like waking up during a dream but you think that there was more to it and it's impossible to remember.. Maybe it began as a dream but then as the sleep became deeper it became a night terror?? Don't know if it works like that, so anymore info you could share would be much appreciated

At that point in my life there was nothing standing out to me that could have influenced this. Had a very happy childhood, enjoyed school ect.. so I really don't know! The mind truly is an incredible thing!

Thank you for you post, I will do some more research into dreams and night terrors, but again anything more you could add would be great!

Cheers, VS

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I feel bad for you.

A Nightlight would have solved your problems.

I had 5 nightlights, they didn't make any difference, hahaa. Thanks for reading though!

VS
edit on 30-9-2012 by VexedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When I was very young I had similar dreams almost every night that there was a portal under my bed.
I would roll out of bed and go under then enter the portal, I could not, not do that, I couldn't resist it.

When I entered the portal it took me to a different place, I associated it to 'another dimension' because
there was nothingness, it was empty, a black void that was so unlike anything I have ever saw or felt, but in my mind I knew there was something in it that I wasn't alone. It would not let me leave because there was something I needed to do, but I don't remember what that was now.

It scared the crap out of me. I was really young myself, probably 6 or 7, maybe less. I had that dream for years, it wasn't every night though. I know there is more to the dream but I simply can't remember, I think about it often and your dream you explained reminded me of it.

I always wonder if it was a dream or if it really happened because it felt and seemed so real. Even sitting here I can look back and see myself climbing out of bed and doing that... still freaks me out...because, like I said, I still don't know if it was a dream.

So, I can associate to what your saying about your dream, although I can't give you any information about it.
But, to me, it is creepy that children can have dreams like that when so young, and with great detail.
Makes you wonder how it's possible, and why it happens though. The subconscious can be a brutal beast.

Sorry you suffered night terrors, it is hard on a child.

Found This, seems similar.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Arduous because: added link

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by VexedSoul

Very interesting thanks for your reply! Astral projecting isn't something familiar to me, but I will look into it!

Thank you, VS

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have heard loud noises and vibrations so eerie that it fills you with this overwhelming sense of dread in dreams. One of the most vivid examples is post apocalypse city setting just like where i moved to around 5 years latter... and just FROM several months ago. a certain gas station window had been busted out and I tried hiding inside, running from these men, They found me and I began running again on a rut in the concrete of the road side. One caught me of showed me a huge screen and laying before it was what looked like a different version of me dying as I am sort of resting against an unidentified person.... then the screen became the ship and it started gearing up and making these horrific noises. There were two men inside... one was an criminal looking person... a body guard, hit man or leg breaker. He attacked the other man who looked like a dwarfed weakened child like version of a man on TV.

the rough man fused with the weaker man... became him, but it was almost like he was raping him... he squealed like a girl he was so afraid.... and they were both dissolved into the ship with a green foam. It all sank and spread into the circuit boards like a living, fast moving, yet disappearing entity... and then all was quiet and peaceful once again. Then I heard the voice, the loud voice speaking to me, instructing me, explaining something to me as though it was echoing through my very being but i remember not one word of it.

i know exactly what it was.... it was a warning... years later a predicament came which i averted by realizing an evil force working in my life. I change a path and that is no longer where I reside. My hair is dark brown and it gets reddish in sun or if it becomes unhealthy. In the dream my hair had been completely cut short and was very reddish and unhealthy looking like i had been terminally sick which would explain why this incredibly stressful event would have killed me. While living there my hair had started fading to red and I was becoming unhealthy for a few reasons, one being stress, another being a bad case of black mold and some other things... and I had started to cut it as I do when I occasionally get frustrated with it. It's kind of a nervous compulsion and I couldn't stand having long hair that was a lot like a certain person who was giving me a lot of stress at the time. I can't stand this person so much that I couldn't stand looking at myself with my hair being like hers... so I cut it but you're not supposed to cut your own hair so I kind of messed up. This caused me to almost cut it all off right as i had decided that i needed to get the hell away from that place after this crap started occurring to me and closing in on me and I started recognizing people in that dream in the store behind my house.... and they would always watch me. I became aware of a certain man also in the dream that has encountered me on numerous occasions and what I once thought of as curious interludes, I began to realize this huge dark sinister force in the shadows around me and it involves lies and numerous violations of my rights and privacy, breaking into that same house and a countless list of things that go way back... way WAY back.

I got away from there. I relaxed, gained a little weight and my hair which I forced myself to not cut and just let it repair itself by growing the unevenness out has stopped turning red.

It was a warning. a warning, warning, warning, warning!

I don't think the ships are evil, yet I think if ships were to land on earth that belong to people of other stars, the technology would terrify us. It seemed so advanced that it was alive.... it is extraordinarily terrifying technology and I'm not saying they will show up but if they do, you should probably brace yourself.

I think your dream may very well have meaning.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I see several things in this dream, but I cant make the connexion between them

The darkness : the infinity : it is scaring by definition, but perceived by all those who have a very strong spiritual, mystical heritage. It is all the more scaring for a little boy. But it is a great privilege for a human to perceive and feel the infinity.

The dandelions : they symbolize light, knowledge, wisdom, again spirituality. In our culture it is the symbol of oracles. Your other dream with the moon was definitely an oracle dream. Are you an oracle ?

You must someone extraordinary. You must be present on earth for a special purpose. You are due to something. Don’t be afraid of that. The world is going to need you and others like you. Be alert. be alert to people you might come across, do your travels you talked about, go and do what you feel you must do. Have you ever met buddhists?

You probably have guides who are following and protecting you. You may call it angels.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I have been to that place...what you saw before you was the world or dimension you were building for yourself, the mechanical thing was the computer gearing up loading your wish, somehow it was not right and you ended up not in the world/dimension you want. This recall was brought on by the trauma of being sent to the wrong place. the reason it stopped is after a certain age recall goes away. That's JMHO. I think you confused the machine you had two thoughts at once and the world it loaded was not the one you tried to come to. Sort of like if you play a RPG and you click on two seperate "worlds" in the game because it isn't loading fast enough it will go by the last link you clicked on even if it was unintentional.I do know that this place exists it's the void out of which we all come when we are entering the physical (game) world.

top topics

join