It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to sue Dr. Sal for lies about being a NASA employee and his huge lie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have been contemplating for a month now to sue "Dr.Sal" for his ridiculous lies, and then openly laughing about it. Number one it is illegal to act like you are someone else, also to impersonate a NASA employee which is the same as acting like a police officer in legal terms.

I light of this film:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then this one:

No one was offended deutchburg they were scared sh**less... Orson Wells didn't claim to be a NASA employee (a credible source of information) he claimed to merely be a reporter.

The reason:
You aren't going to believe this one! After hearing Dr. Sal's warning I starting talking about it to a few people and showed the video around. Well a 52 year old high school football coach too it literally and flipped his wig!. He ended up on his front lawn that night at 2:00 A.M. naked screaming about how the end of the world was upon us. To be fair he did start the conversation about the Mayan Calendar, and he asked me what I thought of it. I said funny you should ask...

He spent 4 days in the mental hospital while gave plenty of crazy video interviews where he told them everything I said. He is actually on video in the hospital talking about the Mayan Calendar and the end of the world with Dr. Sal's warning. His wife called me and asked why I even told him about that. I felt horrible. I was ashamed to post it here on ATS as I wanted everyone to see the consequences that can happen when you base your life around cool interesting subjects. They really said "Truth?" "You can't handle the truth!" Not all people can handle it, and I am sure that thousands of people watched that video and walked away, but claiming to be a NASA employee was was made this story stand out. That was all he had to get us to believe it-without saying he was someone credible (which he is not nor will ever be) no one would've watched his youtube video, and that was all this guy was aiming for without thinking first.

The key to this web site, the news, and everything else you hear is to seek out the truth and you find it. These forums and newspapers are only part of your detective work to get down to the bottom. Hey, I was convinced we were attacked by hijackers on 911, now after the world wide info I don't think it was-but that's my opinion. All I can do is be prepared for things like that, anad search for the answers. We can't censor everything, but we certainly can't go around claiming news and not suffer the consequences of the people who this guy really hurt.

What do you think ATS? Do I have a case? Do we have a Civil Law Suit?
edit on 29-9-2012 by samlf3rd because: video not working

edit on 29-9-2012 by samlf3rd because: edit

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Yeah good luck with that. Seriously, you think you can sue him? Basically impersonating a police officer?

For reals?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

To be perfectly honest, to sue Dr. Sal over a Youtube video is ridiculous. You'd be better off spending that money on a doctor to get your head examined.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So... you showed that video to some guy and he ended up in a mental hospital. Must not laugh...

To be honest dude... if a person can snap like that from watching a YouTube video they clearly had existing mental problems. Anything could have set it off at any moment. Any rational person would have actually done research to see if that NASA scientist really existed (which he clearly didn't).

There are hoaxes and pranks all the time... people lie and pull pranks for the novelty of it. We laugh and we cry but in the end we will always have to deal with hoaxes not matter how much we might dislike them. I don't believe it was "Dr. Sal's" fault, there are thousands of doomsday videos which could have triggered his mental condition.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's what this thread looks like to me:

If OP hadn't mentioned the video, the coach would have. But when OP beat him to it, the coach was like:

"I'm not the only one! Oh my god, they're watching me. They know! They know I know! They know I know they know! There is only one solution.... NAKED MACARENA!!"

Commence mental breakdown. And if it doesn't make any sense, OP's version didn't make much sense either. I mean, in a loony bin sort of way, it did - but it still doesn't seem reasonable.

With that, I'm done with this thread. It really isn't improving my mental state at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No you do not have a case.

This was in no way damaging for you. You weren't affected in any way bar the guilt you have for showing the video to the mental man...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
I have been contemplating for a month now to sue "Dr.Sal" for his ridiculous lies, and then openly laughing about it. Number one it is illegal to act like you are someone else, also to impersonate a NASA employee which is the same as acting like a police officer in legal terms.

actually no it's not. In legal terms that's very different. Recently something was being passed or did pass or someone was thinking about making it illegal to impersonate military personel, or to lie about military service.

Lieing about being a cop is illegal for obvious reasons..

Who are you going to want to sue next? CNN for their lies? It turns out it's legal to be a liar.. I know I know it's not fair..

Dr. Sal haha, funny name.

Better luck next time?

we've all been fooled before, nothing to lose your head over.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why would you sue a person whos already in trouble ?
Leave him alone.

I dont know whats the story about, but you mentioned about naked and running etc etc....

Dont waste money and time.
edit on 29-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yes but what people find in the UK is that if you lie you will be believed and people will take notice what you tell them, but, yes but if you try to tell people the truth they wont act on it, they just done take notice of you at all. We have often said here that if a canister of gas or nasty stuff is slung by a terrorist into a shopping mall and you should danger, get away, folk will go to look, once they see it they run, sadly may be dead but thats what stupid people will do.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You have no case. Unless this guy's lies somehow directly caused you a monetary loss or loss of property (i.e. he conned you).

If you could legally sue somebody for simply being a lying douchebag, I'd be filty rich by now. But you can't. All it would do is leave you with a hefty legal bill. And depending on the judge, his legal bills as well for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

top topics

join